"SAN DIEGO AUDIENCE FOR MORRISSEY." - Morrissey Central

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/san-diego-audience-for-morrissey

yEruNGC.png

"… no 'politically offended protestors' (as paid for and planted in the crowd by the British press) in sight …"

full

Christ - how paranoid do you have to be? He's gone full nutjob.

Related media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed and totally respectable numbers - in fact, I'm guessing it's only 10-20% less than when he played there in 1991.
Can any one inform me - us anyone else at the grand olde age of 60 that can sell tickets like Morrissey can?? This latest tour, as we know has been a huge success, period, no arguments, or tital tattle. Also as I’ve posted on here before, why(me included) do we waste time with the skinny, butcher debate, they are taking over with negative energy on here and WE are all to blame for letting them. Moz is still big business, Madonna can sell a world tour, a few more indeed, let us all on here rejoice at the last couple of months and pray for longevity

What a ridiculous paranoid old f***. The other day I overheard a girl selling her Morrissey vinyl collection at a record store in LA because of his political affiliations. Was she on the payroll of the Guardian?
So people do indeed in the USA understand and are aware of Morrisseys political views ?? Rather interesting

Only great men are hated. Morrissey's detractors wouldn't know "Greatness" , if it hit them over their heads. "Rich or poor, they all lose."
A deserved p.s. ... Thank you so David S. for all you've done to keep this site up for all of us. Truly ...Well done !

Only great men are hated. Morrissey's detractors wouldn't know "Greatness" , if it hit them over their heads. "Rich or poor, they all lose."
A deserved p.s. ... Thank you so David S. for all you've done to keep this site up for all of us. Truly ...Well done !
One can only add more kindness with vast amounts of future hope

Ode to benny.................oh benny where did it all begin... was it when you were 7 and scratching food from the bottom of your wayward mother’s back kitchen bin.......... she put you to bed, saying that she was going to work, you never knew that she had to dance, then jerk.....your mam seen the great man in barrow lands around 1991, and she knew he was the only one..... so little benny was dragged up very rough and he knew that he had to be tough coz mozzer is the apple of your mothers slutty eye, so this is why you always greet and cry....

FWIW, I don’t find the idea of the British press planting the protestors at his Portland show entirely implausible. It would have cost them $100-150 or so and they would have made that back in advertising easy.

The thing that makes me open to this is that if I recall correctly, one of the Portland protestors had a sign that featured the For Britain trident.
Now, approximately 0.00001% of Americans would have caught reference (and maybe 5% of Moz fans). So then who was the real target of that sign?

Like have you ever seen a picture of a protest rally going on in Iran, Poland, India or wherever and they are supposedly there to protest their government and yet there will be people there holding up signs written in English?
Like, bro, why are you holding up a sign that is incomprehensible to the majority of your fellow countrymen? It makes you wonder who the REAL target of their message is. They are not sending a message to their government but to the Western media.

Same deal with the Portland protestors. Thr For Britain trident would only have been recognizable to a British audience.

And as I have stated here many times, For Britain is not that radical by the standards of American politics. The platform Trump ran on in 2016 was more radical than For Britain.

You never know, he might surprise us all. He did it in the 80s. He's the same person. If anyone's going to write anything of relevance again, the chances are it will be him.
Arsewash. He gambled on the tidal wave of right wing populism and lost. There's no way back. None.

Arsewash. He gambled on the tidal wave of right wing populism and lost. There's no way back. None.
And I'd gamble on you being an absolute f*** wit, and I'd win that bet.

FWIW, I don’t find the idea of the British press planting the protestors at his Portland show entirely implausible. It would have cost them $100-150 or so and they would have made that back in advertising easy.

The thing that makes me open to this is that if I recall correctly, one of the Portland protestors had a sign that featured the For Britain trident.
Now, approximately 0.00001% of Americans would have caught reference (and maybe 5% of Moz fans). So then who was the real target of that sign?

Like have you ever seen a picture of a protest rally going on in Iran, Poland, India or wherever and they are supposedly there to protest their government and yet there will be people there holding up signs written in English?
Like, bro, why are you holding up a sign that is incomprehensible to the majority of your fellow countrymen? It makes you wonder who the REAL target of their message is. They are not sending a message to their government but to the Western media.

Same deal with the Portland protestors. Thr For Britain trident would only have been recognizable to a British audience.

And as I have stated here many times, For Britain is not that radical by the standards of American politics. The platform Trump ran on in 2016 was more radical than For Britain.
Interesting thought, but she may well have been targetting Moz himself with the sign. Though, the question of why an American cares about For Britain at all makes it a bit suspect still.

As Donald Sutherland's character says in JFK - 'fundamentally people are suckers for the truth'.

Moz gambled on that - and Moz has won.

In the USA there's way more left wing people at Morrissey concerts than there are right wing people.. It's not even close. No one gives a shit about British politics here.

Skinny would know a thing or two about going “full nutjob” since he is absolutely OBSESSED with Morrissey and painting everything in the worst light possible. Skinny, give it a rest. Go outside. The world has a great number of things within it which aren’t Morrissey and things you might actually enjoy!

in all seriousness, this is basically clinical levels of hatred now. It isn’t healthy.

Neither you nor anyone else, let alone Morrissey, has a shred of proof that your opening sentence reflects the truth. None whatsoever.

So how about you stop trying to be an apologist for racists?

Can any one inform me - us anyone else at the grand olde age of 60 that can sell tickets like Morrissey can??

Well, there's Paul McCartney, the Rolling Stones, U2, the Who, Fleetwood Mac, Elton John, Bryan Ferry, Queen, etc. etc.

Neither you nor anyone else, let alone Morrissey, has a shred of proof that your opening sentence reflects the truth. None whatsoever.

So how about you stop trying to be an apologist for racists?

But Peter, you do not have a shred of proof that Morrissey and Joyce were romantically involved - it hasn't stopped you claiming it to be the truth for the past 5 years.

Back
Top Bottom