"SAN DIEGO AUDIENCE FOR MORRISSEY." - Morrissey Central

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/san-diego-audience-for-morrissey

yEruNGC.png

"… no 'politically offended protestors' (as paid for and planted in the crowd by the British press) in sight …"

full

Christ - how paranoid do you have to be? He's gone full nutjob.

Related media items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Iconic

Sooooo, in essence, a great & successful tour, great crowds, so well done to all attendees, venues/staff, and especially to our Moz, laughing all the way to the bank in the face of unnecessary, staged, adversity.
Ignore the nay-sayers; well done mate, we all love you.
Canada next; can't wait to read about all the great happenings there.
Rockin' & Smokin'

Believe what you want cocksucker but SuedeMoz, who was actually there posted this:

SuedeMoz
I’ll post more later.... initial thoughts... very good show. I’d say the venue was about 80% full. Very enthusiastic crowd. Morrissey seemed in good spirits. You know it’s a good show when you get 4 songs from V & I. Just one encore and the show seemed to end abruptly. The house lights came on and everyone stood still for a few seconds and then we realized that was it.

Skinny are you not shamed at having to use profanity and swear words everytime you are caught trolling? like a delinquent. grow up and find a life.

Skinny the UK is not the world, its really sliding into 3rd world status. Moz has planned sell out tours and Hungary and Poland next.

Wtf is Uncle Skinny gonna do when Steve decides he wants to play two night in an arena in majority Muslim Indonesia. Will he shit his pants at the sight of 8000 screaming hijabi wearing southeast asian women getting aroused by the singing voice of hunky Steve?

Does anyone know actual (not fake) crowd numbers for San Diego, just out of curiosity?

Haven't read all responses yet, so apologies if this was already answered. Only Camp Morrissey can say for sure. So I can only estimate. Like most arenas, Pechanga Arena's seating capacity varies based on the type of event held there (sports, concert, etc.). Wikipedia says it's "8,900-14,800 for arena concerts." For this event, I would guess it's closer to the 14,800 number (max possible attendees) since it was just a basic stage, open floor and then seating - lodge level and upper level.

I was in lodge, pretty much dead center from the stage - so I had a good vantage point of the entire arena. My estimate is that the floor was about 80% full (give or take) - there was open space in the back from the sound console back. The seating was maybe 75% full. All of lodge seemed full and for the upper level, the back sections were filled in. but then more sparse (but not fully empty) on the side sections if you can follow. So if we go with a conservative estimate of the crowd was 75% of the max potential of 14,800 for this configuration, we get 11,100 (so maybe the actual number is in the 10,000 - 12,200 range). That's my best guess - and I emphasize it's just that - a guess.

Appreciated SuedeMoz, ...that's a good number as far as I can tell for a concert...
Ticket sales would give us a more accurate number I guess, but we're not going to get that data.
Thanks.

i think our guy did a p good job on this "arena" tour. i personally love seeing him when he plays smaller venues but i think the pechanga show was great (much better than irvine). not sure if those protestors were planted in portland but in san diego i overheard the lady next to me telling her friend that she much prefers when morrissey wears a jacket than that vest thing and her friend replied "i think it's like spanx but more formal." what a great show.

Haven't read all responses yet, so apologies if this was already answered. Only Camp Morrissey can say for sure. So I can only estimate. Like most arenas, Pechanga Arena's seating capacity varies based on the type of event held there (sports, concert, etc.). Wikipedia says it's "8,900-14,800 for arena concerts." For this event, I would guess it's closer to the 14,800 number (max possible attendees) since it was just a basic stage, open floor and then seating - lodge level and upper level.

I was in lodge, pretty much dead center from the stage - so I had a good vantage point of the entire arena. My estimate is that the floor was about 80% full (give or take) - there was open space in the back from the sound console back. The seating was maybe 75% full. All of lodge seemed full and for the upper level, the back sections were filled in. but then more sparse (but not fully empty) on the side sections if you can follow. So if we go with a conservative estimate of the crowd was 75% of the max potential of 14,800 for this configuration, we get 11,100 (so maybe the actual number is in the 10,000 - 12,200 range). That's my best guess - and I emphasize it's just that - a guess.

the floor was packed with twice as many punters that fit, meaning that many left their seats to go to the floor. Estimated attendance:110%

Another 'fake news' item from the Skinny toilet. Where are you getting these statistics from? Thin air?
Complete & utter tit.
As for 'carnage' on a UK tour, does that mean you'll be turning up as the 'lone protester' with 2 banners? You know what happens to them...ejected pronto.
I would really love to meet up though Skinny at whichever UK gig you attend; I mean I would REALLY love to meet up...

Trust me, you really wouldn't. The wall-eyed c*** is as boring as f***. Trust me, I've had the misfortune to be married to him for the last 25 years...if only I'd married Surface instead...now, there's a dish of a man!

It's pretty worrying that Steve feels the only people who object to his recent views and actions, principally his unambiguous support for a right wing political party who will increase military expenditure, deny climate change and slash taxes for the rich, are a handful of journalists. The reality is that 60% of his entire 2017 UK fan base has jumped ship, as has 30-40% of his international support. If you're brave enough, Steve, announce another UK tour, then you'll see the full extent of the carnage you've caused.
Those Extinction Rebellion protesters in London look well hard don't they?

I'm sure Morrissey will be quaking in his boots.

The liberal left truly are a bunch of clowns. The country is laughing at you.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom