San Antonio, TX show cancelled according to venue

Link from VivaMoz of The Wave:

Tobin Center - Morrissey

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
FOLLOWING HEALTH CONCERNS STEMMING FROM MORRISSEY'S APPEARANCE IN TUCSON, IT IS WITH GREAT SADNESS THAT TONIGHT'S SOLD OUT ENGAGEMENT IN SAN ANTONIO AT THE TOBIN CENTER IS CANCELLED TO ALLOW HIM TO FULLY RECUPERATE. YOUR PURCHASE WILL BE REFUNDED TO THE ORIGINAL TRANSACTION CREDIT CARD, OR IF PURCHASED BY CASH OR CHECK A CHECK WILL BE MAILED TO THE NAME AND ADDRESS ON THE ORIGINAL TRANSACTION.

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey cancels third straight San Antonio concert - San Antonio Express-News

Last edited:
That's a shame. Morrissey's voice is his instrument, and sometimes instruments break. Hope this doesn't mark the end of the tour.

What the hell would he need a voice coach for? He doesn't need to learn to sing. He needs a break. He is tired, people are tired. He should disappear for a year or two, come out with a new material and go on short, year long tour (including Canada). He's been dragging himself and the group all over the planet for 3 years now with the same old setlist. I hope he gets well soon.
To the poster commenting on his old age: Being almost 58 is NOT old. Tony Bennett still tours, and he is an old geezer.

So if Morrissey cancelled 8001 dates in a row you'd stop seeing him? And you call yourself a fan?

You also state that Morrissey is better than Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare, Jesus Christ, James Baldwin, Elvis Presley and Albert Einstein COMBINED. What if we added Usain Bolt to that list. Do you reckon Morrissey would be able to beat him in a race? I am dead serious by the way.

In a horse race, yes.

Please excuse me from the tour, I've got a terrible cold coming in...

Sounds like a decent, empathetic venue:

If the opportunity were to arise, the Tobin would try to book Morrissey again, Aaron Zimmerman, the venue's vice president of programming and marketing, said in a statement:

"Just as our ticket holders for tonight's show are disappointed, we at The Tobin Center are disappointed as well," Zimmerman said. Knowing the San Antonio Morrissey fans' desire to see him here, in their hometown, we have continually pursued ways to get this artist in front of these people ... Given the opportunity to bring this act to San Antonio fans, we would act on behalf of their desire for a Morrissey performance and pursue an engagement with this artist that was mutually beneficial to these fans and our organization."

Regards,
FWD.

12th, April, 2017 10:15pm Texas time:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/enterta...ncels-third-straight-San-Antonio-11068993.php

last year we've come to a point that Morrissey is not capable for doing a big tour, mind Gustavo's illness

get well Morrissey, produce your new album in Boz's studio, do 20 shows in a year, and throw the towel

or whatever Morrissey decides, but this can't go on.

no reunion with Marr though that's the best they should end

last year we've come to a point that Morrissey is not capable for doing a big tour, mind Gustavo's illness

get well Morrissey, produce your new album in Boz's studio, do 20 shows in a year, and throw the towel

or whatever Morrissey decides, but this can't go on.

no reunion with Marr though that's the best they should end

I love Morrissey - but the future looks very uncertain. He's certainly not a has been - but he's basically wasted his Golden Years dicking around without a record contract. He could have been self-releasing this entire time.

He continues to torture his devoted fans with these half-baked tours and hair trigger cancellations (on make up shows from past cancelations nonetheless). When he does play - he doesn't care what the fans want to hear - at all. The clock is ticking down and I don't see evidence that there is any master plan in the works.

People have commented that we'll miss him when he's gone. Of course we will! We were just hoping for a better ending than this.

Last edited:

THIS THREAD IS FULL OF CRASHING ADVICE

:sleeping:

Reckon I'm gonna have to stock up on the "f*** MORRISSEY" t-shirts at the BenPorium shop.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Christ, after however many decades I'm obviously not talking about the aesthetics of his vocals. They're better than ever.
I'm talking about how his vocal chords get there.
There are a lot of ways to lift the same weight.

Crykey mats, This is pathetic. Reckon I should consider meself lucky when I see Steve kooing up outside the Mayan Theater on Lucha Libre nights so he can be in the front row.

Give it a f***ing break you sad, pathetic little man. Find something else to do in your life as this is not healthy.

Let's just get back on topic you Pikey idiot.
Tosserrey failed to inform his sold out audience the performance was not going ahead.
He left them guessing.
He knowingly wasted their time and money.

Now then Pikey ! With all that info for your bot-brain to process what do you not understand ?
Now be off with you I don't want to hear another peep from you.

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Troll x3
Redundant x2
Anti Bot x4
Lie teller x5
Ban Benny x7
Non Moz cult x3
Toys out of the pram x13

If Morrissey canceled 8,000 dates in a row on me, I'd still go to see him whenever I could. He is a genius and the greatest artist of all-time. Better than Oscar Wilde, Shakespeare, Jesus Christ, James Baldwin, Elvis Presley and Albert Einstein COMBINED.

I'm just thankful we still have his greatness in our midst.

I am dead serious when I write and I am not kidding.

He will go down as the greatest person to ever live.

As The D.O.C. once said, "No One Can Do It Better"

Luckily, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That was yours, here's mine.

That was the stupidest, most absurd, disrespectful (to those mentioned) comment in the history of this website. Please, someone prove me wrong, but it could take awhile. I would be willing to bet a frozen pizza that you, without googling, could not begin to describe what Einstein's Theory of General Relativity was about, and what he proved with it, and how it was eventually proved, and which person in history he trumped.

Am I beginning to confuse you?.....Laughter is your middle name.

Luckily, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That was yours, here's mine.

That was the stupidest, most absurd, disrespectful (to those mentioned) comment in the history of this website. Please, someone prove me wrong, but it could take awhile. I would be willing to bet a frozen pizza that you, without googling, could not begin to describe what Einstein's Theory of General Relativity was about, and what he proved with it, and how it was eventually proved, and which person in history he trumped.

Einstein proved it his theory of relativity by taking two frozen pizzas and cooking one in a regular oven and one in a microwave. The microwave oven uses microwave space radiation left over from the big bang and travels faster than the waves in the regular oven so the pizza cooks relatively faster. This also proved string theory because the cheese on the pizza was stringy. Later tests disproved these theories when it was determined we all actually live in a computer simulation and that the pizza is just a figment of our imagination.

I'm sure he was referring to Albert Einstein, a trainee hairdresser from Stratford-Upon -Avon.

This is unfortunate, I thought we may get more extensive US dates (and I think we still will) after these shows were completed.

I know the cancellation issues (I've been through 6 of them) and yes it can be irritating, but here's my take: anyone can catch a cold, allergies, etc at anytime. In my house right now, 4 out of my 5 family members are on antibiotics for allergy induced sinus infections. They sound like frogs when they speak. This years allergy and cold season in CA (with all the rain) is way above normal.

I don't think it's that big a deal guys, I'm hoping at least. I have empathy with those who traveled and had tickets, I've been there.

The history of cancellations through out his career are what's trailing him now.

Rest up Moz, get more dates scheduled (manageable dates) and get back at it. It's gonna happen someday soon.

Just my thoughts~

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom