San Antonio, TX show cancelled according to venue

Link from VivaMoz of The Wave:

Tobin Center - Morrissey

THIS EVENT HAS BEEN CANCELLED.
FOLLOWING HEALTH CONCERNS STEMMING FROM MORRISSEY'S APPEARANCE IN TUCSON, IT IS WITH GREAT SADNESS THAT TONIGHT'S SOLD OUT ENGAGEMENT IN SAN ANTONIO AT THE TOBIN CENTER IS CANCELLED TO ALLOW HIM TO FULLY RECUPERATE. YOUR PURCHASE WILL BE REFUNDED TO THE ORIGINAL TRANSACTION CREDIT CARD, OR IF PURCHASED BY CASH OR CHECK A CHECK WILL BE MAILED TO THE NAME AND ADDRESS ON THE ORIGINAL TRANSACTION.

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Morrissey cancels third straight San Antonio concert - San Antonio Express-News

Last edited:
i have it on good authority that Morrissey only cancels these concerts to get benny out of his flea pit first thing in the morning.

This is unfortunate, I thought we may get more extensive US dates (and I think we still will) after these shows were completed.

I know the cancellation issues (I've been through 6 of them) and yes it can be irritating, but here's my take: anyone can catch a cold, allergies, etc at anytime. In my house right now, 4 out of my 5 family members are on antibiotics for allergy induced sinus infections. They sound like frogs when they speak. This years allergy and cold season in CA (with all the rain) is way above normal.

I don't think it's that big a deal guys, I'm hoping at least. I have empathy with those who traveled and had tickets, I've been there.

The history of cancellations through out his career are what's trailing him now.

Rest up Moz, get more dates scheduled (manageable dates) and get back at it. It's gonna happen someday soon.

Just my thoughts~

Morrissey's Health Concerns are a direct result of his Vegan - Humasexual lifestyle

I consider the San Antonio fans lucky. No show and full refund is better than six songs and no Thanks Goodnight (Tucson)
I concur. Tucson show fans should get refund or partial refund. It would be the right thing to do. Many fans spent to travel to this show. Some compensation would be nice. Also, the venue charged some fans a membership fee to purchase tickets. At the least, those fans should get that money back. Not the venue's fault. Not Morrissey's fault but some reimbursement would be nice. I too would have rather a cancellation than a failed attempt if he knew he was not feeling well.

Three cancellations have cost me money. Sad to say but I don't care if he ever comes back to San Antonio again. This is from a lifelong fan and it hurts me to say that. Y'all can attack me all you want but it hurts. :oops: I'm sad. Hurt and sad. If he is sick then he needs to take care of himself. Enough screwing with the fans. We emotionally invest in these shows and canceling hours before the show just crushed me. :(
Logic says he can't do it, but I would be gutted if I had booked hotels and travel. I went to Liverpool Echo in 2009, the 6 mins gig, and I was, at the time, furious at Morrissey for walking off but looking back he was right to walk off as somebody threw a beer at his head. Booking to see Morrissey is always a risk, but I think 99% of the cancellations are for genuine reasons.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom