Sam Esty Rayner / YouTube: Upcoming Morrissey Interview (Premieres November 28, 2022, 5:00 AM GMT)

UPDATE 9:26PM PT:
Malarkey posted the updated link:

Description:

Premieres Nov 27/28, 2022
In his first filmed interview since 2015, Morrissey speaks on his best album to date. Recorded October 9, 2022 at The London Palladium during his triumphant U.K tour. Directed by Sam Esty Rayner Photography.

UPDATE 8:11PM PT:
Video placeholder has been removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is nothing indicating that it's changed & it would be very unlikely. Piers is a brutal ex-tabloid editor, he's got no time for someone getting muddled & fretting over ducks.
If he’s tabloid then at least he knows that any interview with Morrissey will be watched and probably have a headline, stupidly or otherwise

Is a nine year old tweet really relevant? His position could’ve easily changed
There is nothing indicating that it's changed & it would be very unlikely. Piers is a brutal ex-tabloid editor, he's got no time for someone getting muddled & fretting over ducks.
If he hasn't mentioned Morrissey in three years, it means he's completely changed his opinion of him.

Be nice to see the interview .My fear is it's with Fiona or worse Sam I don hate her or him They are just boring and it's all so embarrassing.

I hope he brings witty M out and not moaning about record companies and bitching about people who sing Dont look back in anger M.
He is way better than that looking forward to the interview still

Any interview with Moz is something to to look forward to, but what a strange corner he has dug himself into. You can't get the kind of promotion, exposure and visibility he wants for Bonfire by antagonising the record label and doing everything "in-house" to avoid difficult questions. He's got to know that. Where's Dave Fanning when you need him?
Yes , but you know, its all about staying in a comfort zone . It's why he is able to used by people. They pretend to like him (a few even do ). He is so happy to be liked he likes and trusts them .Then gets trapped .
As he was ok being interviewed by himself (riggs ) and Sam, he was already too far gone to be taken seriously
The hope was he got himself out of that trap but as he was already pictured with Dodwell (who will ride this train until the end ) it seems not much has changed .

Julia was shameful enough . Dodwell is even worse . She has nothing going on but riding the m train- I don't think she really even likes him. I think she's just there for clout

Any particular reason why it’s being broadcast at 5 am in the morning? It’s doesn’t even make sense for a US audience either

If he’s tabloid then at least he knows that any interview with Morrissey will be watched and probably have a headline, stupidly or otherwise

I think there would be a lot of dead air & animosity.

Morgan fires strong opinions at people demanding they agree or disagree without digression or contradiction.

I do think about this. It’s certainly been harmful recently, but I wonder if the jaw-dropping lunacy of some decisions might add to the fascination in the long-run. When I read about the controversial ‘private’ lives and thoughts of Charlie Chaplain and Errol Flynn (for example) it only adds to the the tapestry.

My thoughts exactly. Someone on here put it perfectly when they said Morrissey has finally gotten to where he was headed all along: his Sunset Boulevard phase. I find myself, no matter how bizarre, embarrassing, and pathetic things get with Morrissey (as they’ve certainly gotten), nevertheless fascinated—and in some way, impressed. Bring on the interview with the Dodwell sycophant.

Yes , but you know, its all about staying in a comfort zone . It's why he is able to used by people. They pretend to like him (a few even do ). He is so happy to be liked he likes and trusts them .Then gets trapped .
As he was ok being interviewed by himself (riggs ) and Sam, he was already too far gone to be taken seriously
The hope was he got himself out of that trap but as he was already pictured with Dodwell (who will ride this train until the end ) it seems not much has changed .

Julia was shameful enough . Dodwell is even worse . She has nothing going on but riding the m train- I don't think she really even likes him. I think she's just there for clout
None of this would matter if Moz could be content with the consequences of that comfort zone. Dozens of artists at his career stage are comfortable with their core audience, don't really care if they win new fans / get to no.1 and they do just fine. Moz is no fool - listen to the lyrics, he knows he's surrounded by people riding the gravy train, he's not deluded about people like Dodwell. But he still wants the world, so he has to try somehow, and that's where the yes-men come in.

Don't pretend to be dumber than you are. For at least 5 years, real journalists have been twisting every word he says in an interview in order to damage his reputation. It is part of the general education on planet Morrissey. Why should this "witch hunt" change anytime soon?
An interview with Mrs. Dodwell or the hired nephew? Go ahead and celebrate it!
It's true they have lied and twisted but it's what M did himself that lost him loads of fans .
He did say what they said he said in the German magazine . Then he lied and they proved him wrong.
He did keep mentioning UKIP and For Britain. The worst for some isn't that it's the idiotic stuff he does, trying to ride the Paris bombing with that email
The john Riggers stuff. His general beta wimp ass moaning about record labels. Lots of canceled shows when they could have played. Lots know of the Famous story of a canceled show because they were busy being drunk in the Cat and Fiddle It goes on and on .
By keeping stuff in-house not only do the fans get worse product and less interesting interviews but also he will pick up fewer new fans

Last edited:
It's true they have lied and twisted but it's what M did himself that lost him loads of fans .

He did say what they said he said in the German mag . Then he lied and they proved him wrong .

He did keep mentioning Ukip and For Britain. The worst for some isn't that it's the idiotic stuff he does , trying to ride the Paris bombing with that email
The john Riggers stuff . His general beta wimp ass moaning about record labels . Lots of canceled shows +when they could have played . Lots know of the Famous story of a canceled show because they were busy being drunk in the Cat and Fiddle It goes on and on .
By keeping stuff inhouse not only do the fans get worse product , less interesting interviews etc but he will pic up less new fans
Morrissey is a lot of things but a BETA male he is not.
Thats like calling me a BETA female.

He's a Sigma male. Believe me. I know.

Tbh I think it's fine for him to do more non major publication interviews.
I have some thoughts on how it could be done better and maybe i'll share them with him in my annual letter to Santa Moz demanding presents like bon bons and period panties.

Ok. As an avid attendee of Morrissey's concerts. I'm looking forward to watch the interview before I opened my big mouth so do you suckers!!!

I thought Fiona came across as quite sweet and likeable in that video she posted recently. I reckon she'll do ok in the interview and will put Moz at ease. As I said previously though, I expect the interview to be fairly anodyne and, as others have pointed out, given when it was probably recorded, it will not be very up to date in relation to recent events in Mozworld.
Her writing style is fairly atrocious, admittedly. Kind of reminds me of 'The girl least likely to'. A good human being with a heart that is hurt, but not great talent when it comes to the written word. A shame considering she's a freelance writer.

I thought Fiona came across as quite sweet and likeable in that video she posted recently. I reckon she'll do ok in the interview and will put Moz at ease. As I said previously though, I expect the interview to be fairly anodyne and, as others have pointed out, given when it was probably recorded, it will not be very up to date in relation to recent events in Mozworld.
Her writing style is fairly atrocious, admittedly. Kind of reminds me of 'The girl least likely to'. A good human being with a heart that is hurt, but not great talent when it comes to the written word. A shame considering she's a freelance writer.
Yes. She could be one of these fictional outsider girls, on one of his early B-Sides circa 89/90.

I think there would be a lot of dead air & animosity.

Morgan fires strong opinions at people demanding they agree or disagree without digression or contradiction.
Morgan, or Piers Moron, as Ian Hislop and Private Eye used to call him, is a thoroughly unpleasant human being who as a newspaper editor was up to his neck in phone hacking and having people followed and spied on by photographers. Morrissey has always guarded his privacy and I'm sure dislikes Morgan and tabloid journalists like him. And Moron recently ate a burger during an interview with an animal rights campaigner to make a point. Total narcissist. I reckon Moz would rather set himself on fire before agreeing to be interviewed by Piers Moron.

Actually, as Sam is a relative, this video might have been presented ... as ''a discussion'' as well. It should have been cooler and would have shut the criticisms.
He's beyond anything anyway. I doubt Frank Sinatra had bothered himself to give an interview after entering in his 60s.

It is clever promotion. It is gonna generate x amounts of articles not only on the usual music websites but also as on general websites. If only the new old single didn't sound like a copy paste of b-sides circa 1989-1990 like "Girl Least Likely To".

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom