Sam Esty Rayner / YouTube: Upcoming Morrissey Interview (Premieres November 28, 2022, 5:00 AM GMT)

UPDATE 9:26PM PT:
Malarkey posted the updated link:

Description:

Premieres Nov 27/28, 2022
In his first filmed interview since 2015, Morrissey speaks on his best album to date. Recorded October 9, 2022 at The London Palladium during his triumphant U.K tour. Directed by Sam Esty Rayner Photography.

UPDATE 8:11PM PT:
Video placeholder has been removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve spoken to John Robb at length about Manchester music. Whilst not uncritical, he’s generally an admirer of Morrissey. There is actually a lot of goodwill out their for Morrissey still; thankfully more than he can use up.

He’s so knowledgeable as well, I met him in Manchester airport not long after Pete Shelley passed away and we were chatting about him, I was shocked when he mentioned that Pete had been on statins since his 20’s.

I’ve spoken to John Robb at length about Manchester music. Whilst not uncritical, he’s generally an admirer of Morrissey. There is actually a lot of goodwill out their for Morrissey still; thankfully more than he can use up.
The Smiths are absolutely loved and respected by a huge number of people, and I think you're right that this love and respect also extends to Morrissey for his artistry and for his determination to be himself and say what he wants. But I do think what happened in 2019 was a watershed moment for many people and something he may never quite escape, as we saw in some of the recent reviews of his live shows. I've always been of the opinion that what he did in 2019 was unwise - not because I care whether he is left or right or centre or anything when it comes to his political views - but because as an artist always better for Morrissey to remain ambiguous and elusive when it comes to politics, just as he has always done with his sexuality throughout his career. Saying he was 'humasexual' was the perfect example. Don't commit. In 2019 he committed politically, and party politically, however briefly, rather than remaining ambiguous, and it really didn't work out well for him.

Anxiously looking forward to it.

Let's wait and see before jumping to conclusions, shall we?

he should go on Piers Morgan Uncensored.

He’s so knowledgeable as well, I met him in Manchester airport not long after Pete Shelley passed away and we were chatting about him, I was shocked when he mentioned that Pete had been on statins since his 20’s.
Big Pharma has almost all of us on something. Over 70% of us by recent stats.

he should go on Piers Morgan Uncensored.
Given the bubbly and bouncy production of Rebels, appearing on Jonathan Ross or Graham Norton might be better? UK-wise, of course.
Just singing, no interview. But would ITV or the BBC actually have him on? That is the question.

He’s the rarest of things: a band member who actually wanted to be a music journalist; so he’s immune to the usual jibes, and has a related level of respect, and access to artists, that serves him well in his current role(s).

Any interview with Moz is something to to look forward to, but what a strange corner he has dug himself into. You can't get the kind of promotion, exposure and visibility he wants for Bonfire by antagonising the record label and doing everything "in-house" to avoid difficult questions. He's got to know that. Where's Dave Fanning when you need him?

How exactly is being interviewed by your nephew a suggestion that he's afraid of being interviewed by a music journalist? What a bizarre take.
Are you serious? Name another public figure who gets interviewed by a family member. I'll wait...The guy is as soft as Charmin.

Piers Morgan hates him. He hasn't changed his position.

20221127_143547.jpg

The Smiths are absolutely loved and respected by a huge number of people, and I think you're right that this love and respect also extends to Morrissey for his artistry and for his determination to be himself and say what he wants. But I do think what happened in 2019 was a watershed moment for many people and something he may never quite escape, as we saw in some of the recent reviews of his live shows. I've always been of the opinion that what he did in 2019 was unwise - not because I care whether he is left or right or centre or anything when it comes to his political views - but because as an artist always better for Morrissey to remain ambiguous and elusive when it comes to politics, just as he has always done with his sexuality throughout his career. Saying he was 'humasexual' was the perfect example. Don't commit. In 2019 he committed politically, and party politically, however briefly, rather than remaining ambiguous, and it really didn't work out well for him.
I do think about this. It’s certainly been harmful recently, but I wonder if the jaw-dropping lunacy of some decisions might add to the fascination in the long-run. When I read about the controversial ‘private’ lives and thoughts of Charlie Chaplain and Errol Flynn (for example) it only adds to the the tapestry.

Piers Morgan hates him. He hasn't changed his position.

View attachment 86285
Hilarious. This guy has interviewed all manner of psychos and serial killers for his Netflix shows but an 80s pop star is a bridge too far? Piers Morgan would interview the backwind from the Devil's arse if he thought he could get money, fame or favours from it.

Is a nine year old tweet really relevant? His position could’ve easily changed

There is nothing indicating that it's changed & it would be very unlikely. Piers is a brutal ex-tabloid editor, he's got no time for someone getting muddled & fretting over ducks.

I do think about this. It’s certainly been harmful recently, but I wonder if the jaw-dropping lunacy of some decisions might add to the fascination in the long-run. When I read about the controversial ‘private’ lives and thoughts of Charlie Chaplain and Errol Flynn (for example) it only adds to the the tapestry.
Undoubtedly for many it all adds to the mystery and the rich tapestry of a complex artist. Thankfully most of us can think for ourselves and question the orthodoxy, and I think the average Morrissey fan would be in that category, for all the bullshit talked about former fans of The Smiths feeling 'let down'. But it did damage him, and I'm sure he felt it, in all sorts of ways.

Hilarious. This guy has interviewed all manner of psychos and serial killers for his Netflix shows but an 80s pop star is a bridge too far? Piers Morgan would interview the backwind from the Devil's arse if he thought he could get money, fame or favours from it.
Supposedly he believes in free speech and letting people speak…. Not that a Morrissey interview would be about politics.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom