Sam Esty Rayner / YouTube: Morrissey Interview 2022. (Premiered November 28, 2022)

Interview by Fiona Dodwell.

Description:

In his first filmed interview since 2015, Morrissey speaks on his best album to date. Recorded October 9, 2022 at The London Palladium during his triumphant U.K tour. Directed by Sam Esty Rayner Photography.

Screenshot_20221128-052602.png

Media coverage:

Related items:

Last edited:
he doesn't see any irony when he's moaning about everyone being offended all the time, about protestors wasting their time, and then the next q is about his animal rights activism? I mean just lol. The man who refuses to play gigs if there's even a remote sense meat might be there, telling everyone to stop being offended and get on with life....good one

Description:

In his first filmed interview since 2015, Morrissey speaks on his best album to date. Recorded October 9, 2022 at The London Palladium during his triumphant U.K tour. Directed by Sam Esty Rayner Photography.

View attachment 86315

Media coverage:

Related items:

we needed a longer interview

Description:

View attachment 86315

Media coverage:

Related items:

Enjoyed that to be honest. Nice too see a new interview. They are few and far between so not going to whinge about it.

I was at the Birmingham show a few days earlier and he was superb. Rebels is a fantastic record can’t wait for the album but who knows what’s happening there ?

🙏🏻

Summary...

"I was always right, everyone else was wrong"

You can stop your analysis

I would say “I hope you’re aware that you’re talking about yourself” but after witnessing your continued posting on this site, it’s evident that self-awareness is one thing you have none of.

Definitely one of the dullest Morrissey interviews I’ve ever heard (& I’ve heard & read a LOT). It seems like Fiona’s presence cancels his humour; usually he has me laughing multiple times.

There were glimmers of his usual witty self but this interview was just a little too serious & flat.

To call BOT his best album is just silly; plus he says this about every album he makes, doesn’t he?

He did make fair comment about the dumbing down of our societies & raised a good point regarding diversity/conformity. I’m surprised every newspaper & online blog on the planet hasn’t already puked his comments up as irrefutable proof that he’s the worst racist human being on Earth.

I wish he’d talked more about BOT or given a bit more info about writing new material with Alain…

he doesn't see any irony when he's moaning about everyone being offended all the time, about protestors wasting their time, and then the next q is about his animal rights activism? I mean just lol. The man who refuses to play gigs if there's even a remote sense meat might be there, telling everyone to stop being offended and get on with life....good one

Except that he was making his original point about things being said on social media. That's something a person can easily avoid or ignore. He, on the other hand, doesn't have a choice if smoke from an animal carcass wafts onto his stage at a music festival. That's visceral.

He was probably right, though, about protestors wasting their time. PETA's activism has not made much of an appreciable impact on factory farming or animals in laboratories. He does seem to have a disconnect on that issue; he agrees with the Dodwell sycophant that there "seems to be a positive shift" in favor of veganism. In reality this is a very small shift; it's single percentage digits. Morrissey must only do his grocery shopping at a Whole Foods in vegan-friendly Los Angeles, because a couple years ago he said almond milk was outpacing dairy milk on the shelves and that you could hardly find eggs anymore. That was absurd. He seems to be leading a supremely detached existence.

Last edited:
I cannot beat to watch this bitter self righteous little shitcnut and his victim act.

Morrissey has never really had a proficient and/or effective, quality promotional team or machine.
It’s just one of many reasons why he hasn’t been able to reach the heights of success that he believes he should have achieved.
It’s not stretch for me to think that Moz believes that the entire universe and everything in it have conspired against him; to rob him of his just and proper dues, riches and rewards.
He has always blamed all shortcomings and failures of his on everyone and everything else, but himself.
Morrissey has always been the victim.
He LOVES to play the victim.
For a short period of time, I bought what he was selling, but as time went on, and as i witnessed the continuous headlines and deadlines, and the extensive wake of shite that followed him around, It all soon became clear why he’s had so many struggles, flops and failures.
Despite all the hard data and evidence, all one has to do is listen and pay attention long enough to realize that the unnecessary BS surrounding Morrissey has been a direct link to, and/or byproduct of, his own ego, pride, words and actions.
At the end of the day (or every album cycle)
all the conglomerates Morrissey has worked with have been discarded, set ablaze or completely destroyed.
At the very least, Morrissey has a very nasty habit of holding hostages.
You can’t expect any relationship, especially a business relationship, to flourish or last when you're forced to, or demanded to, serve and service every wish, whine, whimper and whim of/from a highly volatile and capricious narcissistic man-child with a messiah complex.

- Still ill
bet your glad you got that off your hairless chest.
least hes consistent.

I would say “I hope you’re aware that you’re talking about yourself” but after witnessing your continued posting on this site, it’s evident that self-awareness is one thing you have none of.

Definitely one of the dullest Morrissey interviews I’ve ever heard (& I’ve heard & read a LOT). It seems like Fiona’s presence cancels his humour; usually he has me laughing multiple times.

There were glimmers of his usual witty self but this interview was just a little too serious & flat.

To call BOT his best album is just silly; plus he says this about every album he makes, doesn’t he?

He did make fair comment about the dumbing down of our societies & raised a good point regarding diversity/conformity. I’m surprised every newspaper & online blog on the planet hasn’t already puked his comments up as irrefutable proof that he’s the worst racist human being on Earth.

I wish he’d talked more about BOT or given a bit more info about writing new material with Alain…
as i said about page 2,tell me the last funny interview M had,it was a long time ago,everything is so much more serious now.his days of funny interviews are probably over,funniest part of this interview was M saying you wont see me on a horse or a golf course.

I think only Northern women should interview him…. God bless Vic Wood. They bring out the humanity in him instead of this wooden, Russian-influencer-TikTok
-filtered gold fish vibe.

as i said about page 2,tell me the last funny interview M had,it was a long time ago,everything is so much more serious now.his days of funny interviews are probably over,funniest part of this interview was M saying you wont see me on a horse or a golf course.
I thought he was very funny in his last interview with Sam.

Morrissey has never really had a proficient and/or effective, quality promotional team or machine.
It’s just one of many reasons why he hasn’t been able to reach the heights of success that he believes he should have achieved.
It’s not a stretch for me to think that Moz believes that the entire universe and everything in it have conspired against him; to rob him of his just and proper dues, riches and rewards.
He has always blamed all shortcomings and failures of his on everyone and everything else, but himself.
Morrissey has always been the victim.
He LOVES to play the victim.
For a short period of time, I bought what he was selling, but as time went on, and as i witnessed the continuous headlines and deadlines, and the extensive wake of shite that followed him around, It all soon became clear why he’s had so many struggles, flops and failures.
Despite all the hard data and evidence, all one has to do is listen and pay attention long enough to realize that the unnecessary BS surrounding Morrissey has been a direct link to, and/or byproduct of, his own ego, pride, words and actions.
At the end of the day (or every album cycle)
all the conglomerates Morrissey has worked with have been discarded, set ablaze or completely destroyed.
At the very least, Morrissey has a very nasty habit of holding hostages.
You can’t expect any relationship, especially a business relationship, to flourish or last when you're forced to, or demanded to, serve and service every wish, whine, whimper and whim of/from a highly volatile and capricious narcissistic man-child with a messiah complex.

- Still ill
Yet here you are.

-The World Is Full Of Crashing Bores

In today's Guardian there's an interview with the writer Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, and an extract from her BBC Reith Lecture, to be broadcast later this week. In which she says:

View attachment 86319

(Which is, basically, exactly what Morrissey's saying here. Except he's a bit less eloquent about it.)

When did Mozballs become soooooo boring? That interview is just atrociously boring.

When did Mozballs become soooooo boring? That interview is just atrociously boring.

I have to agree, but is it the interviewer that makes him boring? Or has he become so detached from the real world that he thinks his fans hang on his every word no matter what he says?

Tags
bonfire of teenagers fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom