Sam Esty Rayner / YouTube: Morrissey Interview 2022. (Premiered November 28, 2022)

Interview by Fiona Dodwell.

Description:

In his first filmed interview since 2015, Morrissey speaks on his best album to date. Recorded October 9, 2022 at The London Palladium during his triumphant U.K tour. Directed by Sam Esty Rayner Photography.

Screenshot_20221128-052602.png

Media coverage:

Related items:

Last edited:
It was nice to see a new Mozzer interview. I enjoyed watching it and it was nice treat for us fans of Morrissey. I think he looked especially handsome, and his hair looked really good. I was also happy to hear that Morrissey is already working on a new record. It`s great that he said that making music still excites him. I hope it always feels that way. It was really lovely to watch.

Peak viewing for the live ~256 people.

Album.
Setlist choices.
Fans.
Industry & press.
Favourite tracks on BOT - not possible.
Biggest frustration.
Not being included.
Coping with being fictionalised.
Anything else - we have written the follow-up album - recorded soon.
Being prolific.
Bland industry / making it interesting.
Dumbing down in the 90's and today (UK adverts).
Labels / new bands / diversity (the new way of saying conformity).
Dreadful word.
Social media - expert critic, expert scientist / cancelling people.
The have to find a witch.
"Mary Whitehouse culture."
People who think like that are dreadful people.
Protest culture.
Animal rights - seeing changes & being happy about it. Let animals rest.

Fiona's word for the day: "um".
FWD.
'Um' is indeed Fiona's word for the day.
Moz looks great. Suave and debonair. And vital. Although what is going with all those plasters on his fingers?
Mostly fairly anodyne and familiar territory.
Interesting that he suggests what singles are released from BOT won't be his decision, but will be entirely up to the record label.
Great to hear he will be recording a new album of material very soon.
Gets very funny when he talks about culture and TV being 'dumbed down' and 'people dancing in kitchens'.
The bits that will be picked up by the likes of The Guardian? Morrissey attacks 'diversity' and speaks up for Germaine Greer and JK Rowling, will no doubt be the spin.
What he says about cancel culture is spot on - find a witch, and burn the witch. And the joy with which they do it, it's the same religious zeal that drove people like Mary Whitehouse. Dreadful people indeed.
Best line - 'as if you being offended means you are intelligent, it just means you are an idiot'.
Second best line - 'bake a cake!'

Gratifying to note that Peterkin and Morrissey are at one re J K Rowling.

Interview by Fiona Dodwell.

Description:

In his first filmed interview since 2015, Morrissey speaks on his best album to date. Recorded October 9, 2022 at The London Palladium during his triumphant U.K tour. Directed by Sam Esty Rayner Photography.

View attachment 86315

Related items:

It’s a pity the interviewer didn’t, or wasn’t allowed to, ask anything interesting. The best bit was when someone walked through the door in the background and made an abrupt exit.

It was actually an alright interview to be honest, despite me saying here previously that he really should be going through some of the more 'prestigious' media channels. For a hobbyist, Fiona's questions weren't too bad. I would like to see someone having the confidence to banter with him a bit and tease some humour out I think. I'd also like a more in depth chat about the 'process' of recording the album, because it was a really interesting story in this case; asking other musicians to finish off demos and write new music to those.

'Um' is indeed Fiona's word for the day.
Moz looks great. Suave and debonair. And vital. Although what is going with all those plasters on his fingers?
Mostly fairly anodyne and familiar territory.
Interesting that he suggests what singles are released from BOT won't be his decision, but will be entirely up to the record label.
Great to hear he will be recording a new album of material very soon.
Gets very funny when he talks about culture and TV being 'dumbed down' and 'people dancing in kitchens'.
The bits that will be picked up by the likes of The Guardian? Morrissey attacks 'diversity' and speaks up for Germaine Greer and JK Rowling, will no doubt be the spin.
What he says about cancel culture is spot on - find a witch, and burn the witch. And the joy with which they do it, it's the same religious zeal that drove people like Mary Whitehouse. Dreadful people indeed.
Best line - 'as if you being offended means you are intelligent, it just means you are an idiot'.
Second best line - 'bake a cake!'

Lol, Gash. You're as much of a liar as any of the Guardian hacks. But you don't have a single quote to back it up with.

Diversity means conformity was what stuck out.
And Mary Whitehouse-culture.
Otherwise nothing we haven't heard before, but nice to see him being interviewed again.

Although what is going with all those plasters on his fingers?
That would have been my first question. It's not a new thing either - for the past decade he's been wearing finger plasters on a regular basis. Is he a nail-biter? Is Damon? Or is he constantly getting bitten by his pet iguana? Enquiring minds must know.

When you compare this bland, pre-screened "can you tell me why you're so burdened by being so great" type questions interview to something like the Jonathon Ross interviews, it's just sad.

When you compare this bland, pre-screened "can you tell me why you're so burdened by being so great" type questions interview to something like the Jonathon Ross interviews, it's just sad.
"can you tell me why you're so burdened by being so great" has really been a theme with him for a long time, but now it's the only thing he talks about, or some version of it. I did see a Jonathon Ross which was fun and lively, that Moz seems to be gone now.

Last edited:
Diversity means conformity was what stuck out.
And Mary Whitehouse-culture.
Otherwise nothing we haven't heard before, but nice to see him being interviewed again.
The segment about diversity is no doubt the part that might be seen as 'controversial'. Billy Bragg may be poised to respond as we speak. In that segment Moz does seem to suggest that 'diversity' means watering down 'national' culture so that they all become the same. Trigger warning for Karen: Great Replacement alert!

Goodness me! That was BRUTAL! I bet its the last time Fiona Magdalene gets the call for interviewing duties. No wonder he's cancelling concerts and walking off after half a dozen BOT 'hits' - it's the savaging he receives here. Those bruises will take time to heal. SE-R, what WERE you thinking? Stupid boy.

Once he started on diversity, he just made everything worse, he seemed to realize it and tried to double back with weasel words. His vanity let's him believe he is much more clever than anyone (Der Spiegel all over again) and he cannot shut his mouth. Maybe the press is tired of him and will leave it alone.
He claimed BMG dropped him because of diversity, it's pretty obvious he thinks diversity took his record deal like he thinks it's taking his country. The reference was pretty in your face.

Last edited:
Goodness me! That was BRUTAL! I bet its the last time Fiona Magdalene gets the call for interviewing duties. No wonder he's cancelling concerts and walking off after half a dozen BOT 'hits' - it's the savaging he receives here. Those bruises will take time to heal. SE-R, what WERE you thinking? Stupid boy.
:whip:

good interview well done fee,people going on about past interviews,do they for forget how bad the j ross interview actually was.
jr-can we be friends.
M-no.
jr-you must have loads of friends.
M-i have 7.
and thats the good bit,when was the last time M was actually funny in an interview,it was a long time ago.

The segment about diversity is no doubt the part that might be seen as 'controversial'. Billy Bragg may be poised to respond as we speak. In that segment Moz does seem to suggest that 'diversity' means watering down 'national' culture so that they all become the same. Trigger warning for Karen: Great Replacement alert!

You are such a scumbag.

It's more like Generica - the hegemony of the dominant culture - which would be America. Which - ironically - is where you get your racism from. It has no understanding of European history or culture.

That is exactly what he is saying, he's said it before.

Tags
bonfire of teenagers fiona dodwell

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom