Sam Eason covers "There is a Light That Never Goes Out" - SoundCloud

H Nancy writes:

I have heard many, many cover versions of There is a Light That Never Goes Out, but this is one, of only a few, that I think merits the attention of fans.

40560_sameason.jpg

This sounds like it belongs on a soundtrack to an iffy art movie scene where a couple of Portland hipster types break up.

"Violet pedals violently away from their $3000 a month apartment on her whimsical vintage Schwinn, complete with cards in the spokes and a carrier basket filled with potted succulents, and maybe a little dog in there. The sound of the cards is gradually replaced by There is a light, as covered by Sam Easton. The sun shines down through the trees as she pedals through Mount Tabor Park, and the audience knows she's officially done with their life together, because Smiths song."

I hate clicking on anybody's links, but I'm such a curious puss myself that I wanted to see why K-Ket-Kitty was making a bright green queasy face. And now I'm feeling sorry for myself that I ever wanted to know!!! :(

That link's no green quease! That link is a total bummertime projectile puke party, all the way to San Jose :( Many, many sadfaces, even though none of them will ever make any of this right for me, ever again.

My 2018 scientific invention and personal contribution to the dynamic world of AI is going to be a little mini-robot the size of a flea, which you can gently place on the outer side of your earlobe, and then he will quickly run in with some little mini aural-earasers, (earasers, instead of erasers, geddit?) and then he will mini-rewind and he will mini-scrub away and he will mini-scrub really hard, all of the grossness and all of the badness that people repeatedly try to sneak into my ear canals and dump there. Like landfill! My little ears are prime retail space, yo. No landfill, no dumping.! Landfill Dumpers Will Be Prosecuted.

Ages ago, before all the signs in London town everywhere started to say "Bill Posters Will Be Prosecuted", they actually used to all say "Bill Stickers Will Be Prosecuted." I was walking along with one evening chatting, having bumped into a drag queen named Hollywood, who I had known for a few years and who was good friends with someone else I used to know. Suddenly Hollywood stops and turns to us and blurts out, "I DON'T KNOW WHO THIS BILL STICKERS IS, BUT YOU WOULD THINK THEY WOULD HAVE CAUGHT HIM ALREADY BY NOW! WHAT WITH ALL THE SIGNS UP EVERYWHERE!!!!" :straightface:

:eek:

But sometimes when someone says something like that to you, all you can do is to hold their gaze while you digest that that's actually what they really did just say. And then you just keep on walking.

Or, you pick up your mini-earasers, and put them in.

Someone help an old fart; who is Sam Easton? Oh, hang on, the title's wrong - it's Sam EASON. I'll put that right.

This sounds like it belongs on a soundtrack to an iffy art movie scene where a couple of Portland hipster types break up.

"Violet pedals violently away from their $3000 a month apartment on her whimsical vintage Schwinn, complete with cards in the spokes and a carrier basket filled with potted succulents, and maybe a little dog in there. The sound of the cards is gradually replaced by There is a light, as covered by Sam Easton. The sun shines down through the trees as she pedals through Mount Tabor Park, and the audience knows she's officially done with their life together, because Smiths song."

Yeah, this dude and his costume and even his photo styling all look like "how to be a hipster."

Hey, it's not that bad, not brilliant either, I must say that I've always disliked the voice of this type of singers
Anyway I' ve heard worse like the Miley Cyrus' cover, that one made me feel embarrased for her, it was painful to wacth and hear

this was absolutely not a version I would tell around , hey I heard a wonderfull...

All I can say is he can play an acoustic guitar and sing,... sadly, or better
I can't

# hashtag day, hope Warner hasn't forgotten .

It's a nicely crafted and performed version... it just lacks the underlying urgency of the original.

These hipster voices are all the same. When will North Korea save us from the pacific northwest?

Hi all. I feel like I'm foolishly walking into the bearpit a bit (and quite unnecessarily) but just wanted to say hi and offer a bit of context; something that no-one asked for and no-one is likely to care about lol but I'm probably among the minority of people that feel that these kind of boards/internet in general could benefit from becoming a bit less faceless/more personal.

The OP kindly messaged me on SoundCloud to say they were sharing it on here, I was curious to see just how much it would bomb amongst the hardcore! I realise that by putting it up on my SoundCloud I am opening it up for other people to hear but I just want to say when I recorded it (incidentally one of my favourite songs of all time) it was only intended for a friend who had asked me to. I play at a very low level as a hobby but sometimes get asked to play weddings (anticipating witty comment and derision from those of you whom weren't into it, and hey, that's fine if it's not your thing!). I therefore have a playlist on my SoundCloud of covers that give people a flavour of what sort of thing I do if they were at all interested in having a bland, barely-competent hipster perform on the biggest day of their lives. Sooo please bear in mind that I didn't put it online by any means to showcase my incredible talent or demonstrate how I can enrich the legacy of a milestone musical masterpiece. I'm not THAT guy.

Also... the Hipster thing? Really?! I suppose I'll take that as a weird compliment; I've always been THE least coolest person in any room, ever - the Hipster label insinuates that my look would at least be part of some scene lol. The photo was one of a few that were taken as a bit of a promo for the wedding singer thing... The clothes are the smartest I had, the bowler hat was left over from a fancy dress night (and I pretty much always wear hats these days due to my thinning hair!). I've had my beard since I was able to grow one (long before 'Hipster' was a thing) and I've worn glasses since the age of two.

Looking at how much shite I've just written, I'm pretty sure this is going to come across in the complete opposite way that I wanted it to, and that you'll think I'm being some precious little whiny-ass Brit taking affront to a few mean comments on a message board (I know enough about the Internet to know I'd be unlikely to change your mind if you did) but I honest to god just wanted to give you guys a face to put to the piss-poor Z-rate tune that has made the majority of you so queasy lol. Feel free to continue the mockery, hey even take quotes from this post as further ammo but regardless, hope you all have a good day and keep on keeping on.

PS - A heart-felt thanks for the few lovely comments above, unexpected but massively appreciated :)

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom