Salt Lake City, UT - The Depot (July 18, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Now My Heart Is Full / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Will Never Marry / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / First Of The Gang To Die / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / What She Said / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Eurydice

• Review by dynamiteutah - Restorative Discourse. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Morrissey / The Depot - Salt Lake City, UT (124 photos / videos) - CrowdAlbum. Link posted by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey Live In Salt Lake City, UT | Photo Gallery, review and photos (16 total) by Saul Torres - Fusion Magazine. Link posted by an anonymous person.

saltlakecity.jpg
  • "Morrissey Fans Faint After Seeing This at His Concert" - PETA blog - July 23, 2015

Last edited:
This is a great comment tbh. I have a question tho? do you think that changing his band will improve things for him? i'm curious

In all honest who I'm I to say anything? I think morrissey is too stubborn in his way. I don't know if dumping his band would help. But morrissey needs to check his ego at the door and the band needs to grow some balls. He need to hear the truth. "Look morrissey this song isn't working we need to do this and that" yes-sayers are like wanking off: feels good but in the end no one else is there to share the pleasure. It's just a robotic self indulgent act. Morrissey still performs but he has retired. The lights are on but there's nobody there. His perfectly fine to just trod along playing his songs, sucking life essence from whining and the gratitude of the fans.

But in all honest, we know it couldn't last. His legacy has done enough. I will still be loyal even thought it will be that sort of old friends promising to meet up once a month. I buy whatever he produces and go to his shows when I can and punch anyone who really hurts him. His music saved me. what does my b*tch-ass really know?

Edit: I used the phrase in all honesty too much. God save me

Last edited by a moderator:
No one cares and the bitter old troll is you darling.

Nobody cares about Morrissey's Mid-West Ovens Tour 2015, that's for sure. How many people who were at this Salt Lake City school gym have commented? I'm not trolling Morrissey, I am systematically reducing him to rubble. As you realise.

best
GOBB

Says bitter old troll, fraud, hypocrite and failed "challenger" Bummie.

Failed? Morrissey now only sells Vegan hot dogs, wouldn't dare risk backstage Uddersucker Cheese binges and knows full well that we have access to the most powerful figures in the music business. We will decide if his career continues or expires.....decision made: It's over. Trust us, we mean it....maaan!

best
GOBB

- - - Updated - - -

Shut your gob GOBB. It's hilarious - you happily scream f*** Morrissey at the drop of your testicles but when he says Kiss My Ass Ed you get your vegan knickers in a twist! Hypocrisy Mon Amour!

Hate to break it to ya but Morrissey won't read your Epic Fail epistle. Do you still write to Santa care of the North Pole to make all the bad people go away in this bad bad world?

When we use profanities, it is always as #ArchIrony . However, one of the Moderators here took that Ironic Strategy as a sincere representation and took offence. We have now retired the Snoop Dog prison bitch shizzle as it was past it's amuse by date anyway.

Morrissey reads every....single....word....we..write. FACT.

best
GOBB

Sometimes I think that, too. But who has so much free time and energy for such crap? Time is too precious, you know (Though it would be ace in a twisted sort of way). I also ask myself regularly what is left for registered users to read once they blocked all the trolls. It can't be much to be honest.

Time is precious, but nothing is more precious than #AnimalAdvocacy , and exposing the Troll Morrissey for his 33 years of Uddersucking Corpsetarian Cheesetarian Hypocrisy. The definition of a 'troll' is entirely subjective. Morrissey has been dismissed as a silly troll by The Guardian newspaper, you may not agree with that analysis, but you surely accept it's subjective as is your claim that we are a 'troll' project. We are not. We are here to #RescueAnimalsFromVegetarians #MorrisseyIsMurder

best
GOBB

What you don't seem to realize is that you will never win because the songs (which is all that really matters at the end of the day) will survive, Morrissey, will survive his eccentricities, his bi-polar outbursts and will easily survive whatever 'debunking' you will achieve via your 4000+ (and skyrocketing) posts on this site.

Do you seriously believe that in 20 years time when some teenage kid discovers the music of The Smiths or Morrissey they are gonna give 2 shits about your posts on this site? Morrissey's legacy lies in his lyrics and his records not from what he posts on TTY. There is zero you can do to destroy to tarnish that.

All the best,

Your eternal fan.

This site may or may not survive. The proprietor may be bribed by corporate interests to set fire to the historic drives wherein Morrissey was exposed as a Crank-Fraud, but that doesn't matter. In Verse 3 of #VegAnarchyInTheUK are words that, once sung to the world, will mean Morrissey can never show his face in public again. He was given a chance of Amnesty but it's too late. We have already destroyed his legacy, all that remains is to concretize that in song, a song which *drops* on 9/11 next year. We are not interested in his Cult Casualties or his enablers at the NME and Guardian, we will be reaching out to the next generations with the message that they should set fire to the myths of Boomer Punk Rock Rebels like Morrissey. And Lydon.. and all the rest of those clowns.

best
GOBB

and please do not stop. Your comments are intelligent and worth reading. They are also valid points.

Thank you. There's hyperbole, irony, mock-anger and outrage, but there's a serious point to all this. Morrissey has made the plight of animals much worse than if he'd never opened his gob to sing 'Meat Is Murder. He has enshrined Vegetarianism as acceptable protest. It isn't. It's worse than eating burgers. Dairy cattle are raped before they are murdered, unlike beef cattle. Morrissey is an Uddersucker, he steals cow's milk for his Cheezy backstage binges. Pray for him, he's in terrible trouble. These comments are only the start. We intend to publicly confront him.

best
GOBB

- - - Updated - - -

The show looked great. The audience seemed very into it, too (much different than all the people moaning about Red Rocks' meat ban and, yet again, the "Ganglord" and "Meat is Murder" clips) and Morrissey sounded fantastic...as usual. I have some uploads, but I can't figure out how to work this computer at work. Sorry.

SETLIST:
Suedehead
Alma Matters
Staircase at the University
Ganglord
Speedway
WPINOYB
Kiss Me A Lot
Istanbul
Now My Heart is Full
Mama Lay Softly...
Will Never Marry
Paris
First of the Gang
I Will See You in Far...
Bullfighter Dies
Stop Me if...
What She Said
Meat IS Murder
Everyday is Like Sunday
Encore: Queen is Dead

Side note, every time I see someone quote this "GOBB" character, all I can think is:
519fb7561dd53.preview-620.jpg

I feel as though it explains a lot.

It may have explanatory power to you but.....is it Barry Manilow? Some famous serial killer? A crushed velvet jacket with a lavender accent? Is that the point you're making? We don't wear such garments. Not since 1974.

best
GOBB

Thank you. There's hyperbole, irony, mock-anger and outrage, but there's a serious point to all this. Morrissey has made the plight of animals much worse than if he'd never opened his gob to sing 'Meat Is Murder. He has enshrined Vegetarianism as acceptable protest. It isn't. It's worse than eating burgers. Dairy cattle are raped before they are murdered, unlike beef cattle. Morrissey is an Uddersucker, he steals cow's milk for his Cheezy backstage binges. Pray for him, he's in terrible trouble. These comments are only the start. We intend to publicly confront him.

best
GOBB

OMG you are totally insane, and not in a fantastic inspiring way, in a desperate obsessed and pathetic way! Why are you on here ruining it for the fans?

kitty

and yet you remain

Debunking the Cult of Morrissey and Morrissey himself is the single most important thing any human being can do to progress World Peace on this planet. Whilst his pernicious Uddersucker Agenda of Cheesetarianism remains intact, the Animals are in grave danger. Yes, we remain. Until 9/11 this year when a year of Silence and Preparation begins before the release of Morrissey's career-funeral song #VegAnarchyInTheUK

best
GOBB

- - - Updated - - -

So...how was the concert? You know the one at The Deport in Salt Lake City? Anyone have anything to say on that? Preferably someone who was actually there.

Just read the previous reviews. Same old, same old. Hardly likely to be a Peak Experience Event, is it? It's the Mid-west Ovens Tour, he'll be playing State Fairs soon....LOL!

best
GOBB

Oh yes
Our man came on stage said something witty, sang the same old songs, bored us with meat is murder and its snuff footage
bored us again with remarks about the British royal family, showed us why he is simply the most talented tambourine player on planet earth, threw his silly shirt to the local mentally ill, packed up and f***ed off to the next town the end.

Stormin Mormon

Groundhog Day. Every day is MorrisseySingALongTheSameOldSongs day.

best
BB

- - - Updated - - -

Playing along or not the Blue Rose Society is not a cute game either.It reveals him for the fraud that he is and they are no better.It's nice that some people think they are exotic and people don't understand them but it is pathetic. Another cult. An idiotic cult that makes them think they are somehow special while acting like jerks to other people. They use this as a platform for their own agenda but pushed away the one person that inspired their ridiculous idea in the first place who does not listen to Morrissey anymore as a result of it . BB is honest and fabulous.

Me? Or Benny The Butcher?
It's Benny, he's funnier than me.
And more precise.

best
GOBB

Debunking the Cult of Morrissey and Morrissey himself is the single most important thing any human being can do to progress World Peace on this planet. Whilst his pernicious Uddersucker Agenda of Cheesetarianism remains intact, the Animals are in grave danger. Yes, we remain. Until 9/11 this year when a year of Silence and Preparation begins before the release of Morrissey's career-funeral song #VegAnarchyInTheUK

best
GOBB

- - - Updated - - -

Just read the previous reviews. Same old, same old. Hardly likely to be a Peak Experience Event, is it? It's the Mid-west Ovens Tour, he'll be playing State Fairs soon....LOL!

best
GOBB

Debunking......?? What? That he sings songs I love and inspires me? Even if it were true that he was not what he presents (which I am not suggesting), its totally unimportant. How is this weird agenda of yours the "single most important thing any human being can do"? You are totally bonkers.

What's your problem with the Midwest? another bizarre agenda? Elitist...

kitty

Debunking......?? What? That he sings songs I love and inspires me? Even if it were true that he was not what he presents (which I am not suggesting), its totally unimportant. How is this weird agenda of yours the "single most important thing any human being can do"? You are totally bonkers.

kitty

CHEESE !

Benny-the-British-Butcher

i have to say it: i find it very odd that all the posters here who complain about brummie and benny posting all the time are themselves here posting all the time!
they go on about cleverly making asides about people who post have mental issues, when they are posting all the time themselves!
very very odd.

In all honest who I'm I to say anything? I think morrissey is too stubborn in his way. I don't know if dumping his band would help. But morrissey needs to check his ego at the door and the band needs to grow some balls. He need to hear the truth. "Look morrissey this song isn't working we need to do this and that" yes-sayers are like wanking off: feels good but in the end no one else is there to share the pleasure. It's just a robotic self indulgent act. Morrissey still performs but he has retired. The lights are on but there's nobody there. His perfectly fine to just trod along playing his songs, sucking life essence from whining and the gratitude of the fans.

But in all honest, we know it couldn't last. His legacy has done enough. I will still be loyal even thought it will be that sort of old friends promising to meet up once a month. I buy whatever he produces and go to his shows when I can and punch anyone who really hurts him. His music saved me. what does my b*tch-ass really know?

Edit: I used the phrase in all honesty too much. God save me

Phoning it in? You are just some illiterate asshole who wants 1984 morrissey back. I've seen him many times recently and he's completely passionate and involved. Just because he isn't twirling around with flowers doesn't mean he's done.

The band is employed by him-you try telling your boss no and see what happens to you.

And "yes-sayer" isn't a word you troll.

Yes, it's best to block and ignore the troll(s). It's either true trolling, or sincere mental illness. Either way, it's sad but there is nothing to do but ignore.

My pleasure! :D I love to see pictures of fans from various ages, social classes, origins, religions and so on, socializing together and having a great time seeing Moz.

Are there burka-clad ladeez in The List? I've never seen anyone other than pasty-whey faced specimens at the fronts, where the orchestrated, rehearsed pom-pom, ra-ra Cheerleader fans act out the script written for them by Dear Leader.

best
GOBB

- - - Updated - - -

OMG you are totally insane, and not in a fantastic inspiring way, in a desperate obsessed and pathetic way! Why are you on here ruining it for the fans?

kitty

Hello Kitty (LOL!)

I'm not here to ruin it for the 'fans'. I'm here to rescue them from The Cult Of Morrissey and also to save the Animals who Morrissey murders to eat cheese backstage.

best
GOBB

kitty

Hello Kitty [LOL! again]

Thank you for confirming that Morrissey 'fans' do not care if it is all a snake-oil charade, that if he's a Crank-Fraud, which he certainly is, then that's #TotallyUnimportant. Morrissey is Totally Unimportant. Morrissey is Totally Bonkers. And his weird agenda has taken your mind prisoner. I will light a candle for you, Kitty.

We are debunking many, many things about #TheCultOfMorrissey , most importantly the absurd claim that he is an advocate for animal rights whilst eating cheese for 33 years at least. Our work here is to liberate Humanity from The Curse Of Vegetarianism which is the other side of Carnivorism and results in the rape, torture and slaughter of countless Sentient Beings. The Epicentre of this industry is the Cattle/Dairy Death-Camp Zone that is the Mid-West. We LOL! at Morrissey refusing to play Canada whilst he gorges on the patronage of Chicago, the Animal Holocaust Death Metropolis of the World. Morrissey berates Canadians as an entire group for the holocaust of seals because it doesn't impact the Bottom Line of Morrissey Inc as he plays in Buffalo, Windsor and other equally convenient places for Canadian Cult Of Morrissey Clueless Consumers. There is no logic to this random stigmatization of Canada which, though not as febrile and unhinged as the #ChineseSubSpecies ravings, is equally illogical and delusional. In other words, The Mid-West Abbatoir Ovens Tour 2015 is a waste of time, other than the amusing appearance at that Nascar Titties'n'Beer type festival where he, for once, left his comfort zone, stopped preaching to the Cult Choir singing from The List of approved responses to his shows and actually engaged with the Enemy. It's a shame he didn't know of the Corporate Animal Slaughter Buffet at Madison Sq Gardens as that would have been an excellent place to tell Big Fat AmeriKKKa where to stick it's hamburger-murder menu. Etc. We sincerely hope he didn't know about the meat at MSQ before going on stage or it's Glasto Cop Out Part 2...

Morrissey is #TotallyBonkers . So are you, Kitty, if you drink the Kool-Aid from this Snake-Oil merchant as he travels from County Fair to County Fair showground with is circus clown act. We are already orders of magnitude more important than this prat Morrissey without releasing a single note of music. He knows this, hence his obsessive stalking of this site and periodic attempts to coax/cajole/threaten the Site Proprietor into compliance with the precepts of The Cult Of Morrissey. We have come to heal the planet, to save all animals, human and non/post-human. Including Morrissey. Especially Morrissey. But first he must go in trial, publicly, for his #CrimesAgainstCows #CheeseIsCreulla This begins on 9/11 next year when we release #VegAnarchyInTheUK and warn the world of the coming of #Osama4Animals #AnimalAlQaeda and #StFrancisKalashnikov The first art-terror Stockhausen-esque Spectacular may take place in Chicago, or at a Fox Hunt here in The Shire. Or on the Faroes during the 'grind'. Or in Ireland at a McDonalds/Kerrygold Dubliner Cheese atrocity exhibition/'farm'. We come in peace to save you, Kitty. Because you are #TotallyBonkers pupil of our failed protege, Morrissey.

best
[The Unquiet Ghost of] #BrummieBoy

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Kitty, ignore "it." I have him on block and I can see from the multiple gray posts on each and every thread now (whew...wish I had as much free time as that thing), one right after the next, that the troll behind gob is mentally unhinged. Block him and move on. Don't waste your time arguing with it. Life is too short.

best
GOBB

Phoning it in? You are just some illiterate asshole who wants 1984 morrissey back. I've seen him many times recently and he's completely passionate and involved. Just because he isn't twirling around with flowers doesn't mean he's done.

The band is employed by him-you try telling your boss no and see what happens to you.

And "yes-sayer" isn't a word you troll.

English is not my first language. I dare you to write a post in Swedish and we will see how well you do. Why can't you accept that I have a different opinion than you. You think he is like a fine wine getting better as the years go by. I think he is better that this and need to really rethink somethings. I have had several conversations with Anons here whom I don't agree with but we still have a respectful and informative discussion. Can't we find a common ground in the fact that we both love morrissey dearly. As Eric said morrissey I'm here for you too.

Morrissey if there is a chance you see this. Morrissey I love you dearly and would jump in front of a flying bullet for you. If you ever need to talk to me, honey you know where to find me. Get a account PM me anonymously. I'm here to give you nothing but love, comfort and help. Whatever that might have been said you have a reserved sunbed and a standing drink order on the beach of my heart :love:

And for you anon. Let's end this I don't want to start a fight. But I do take back the comment about the "friends meeting up once a month" I could never be aloof to morrissey whom I love so much

Btw it's the bands job to make sure that morrissey music is good. They are co-writers. They should tell it like it is if they want to do a good job. It's not like they are working at Asda and morrissey is their supervisor

When asked by customs what he was declaring when entering New York in 1882, Oscar Wilde supposedly said: "Only my genius..." While apparent that Morrissey's rants have become tired and contradictory, the obviousness of his inherent musical genius as both a songwriter and lyricist continues to carry the day. It's extremely doubtful either this Sherran character or Sam Smith will be anything but footnotes of the music of 2015 while Morrissey will forever be noted as a undying influence, actually reveling in the ranks of Jimi Hendrix, John Lennon, Paul McCartney and Bob Dylan. To gauge his importance by ticket or record sales is worthless. His concerts continue to be as representational - if not more so - of his talents and his decision to continue to trek the unsafe paths of the music business simply provide him with further credibility of his attitudes. The meat thing etc. of course grows tired and is hypocritical in many ways, yet this is the message he craves to deliver and thus it's mentioned in every review and article written on him. John Lennon experienced the same blow back with his peace message, going as far as to say "As long as they put the word "Peace" in the article, call me whatever you want." Personally, I came to realize after over 40 stellar shows that a Morrissey show has sadly become a bit routine. The same videos are played since I saw him in Pasadena 40 years ago and is sort of the same cheap act in general. That being said, he's proven to be the genuine article and that alone warrants his acclaim.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom