Salt Lake City, UT - The Depot (July 18, 2015) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

Suedehead / Alma Matters / Staircase At The University / Ganglord / Speedway / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Kiss Me A Lot / Istanbul / Now My Heart Is Full / Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed / Will Never Marry / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / First Of The Gang To Die / I Will See You In Far-Off Places / The Bullfighter Dies / Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before / What She Said / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday // The Queen Is Dead

setlist provided by Eurydice

• Review by dynamiteutah - Restorative Discourse. Link posted by an anonymous person.
  • Morrissey / The Depot - Salt Lake City, UT (124 photos / videos) - CrowdAlbum. Link posted by an anonymous person.

• Morrissey Live In Salt Lake City, UT | Photo Gallery, review and photos (16 total) by Saul Torres - Fusion Magazine. Link posted by an anonymous person.

saltlakecity.jpg
  • "Morrissey Fans Faint After Seeing This at His Concert" - PETA blog - July 23, 2015

Last edited:
Headline: Morrissey bullies ginger leprechaun, all threads on Solo go off the rails.... as usual.

Bitter old troll Morrissey reduced to trying to hitch a ride on Ed Sheeran's mega-popularity. He's in Utah in what looks like a school sports hall. Ed is playing 3 nights at Wembley (240,000 tickets sold) and 2 nights at Croke Park (160,000 tickets sold). We must all hope that the Ed is gracious enough to respond to Morrissey The Troll to try and help shift the unsold tickets at London Eventim Hammersmith.

Update: You can still get 6 x Standing tickets for Morrissey's show on Monday, but 10 days after the box-office opens you can only get 1 standing ticket in the 'pit' for Sunday! But don't worry, still 6 x Standing tickets are STILL available upstairs.

This just proves that it's Quality not Quantity that matters. Ed may have sold mega-multiples of tickets but that's not important. What's important is that Ed defers to Morrissey's 'historic' 'Iconic' status. Ha! Ha!

If only Morrissey had been True to You with regard to his own principles and not treated so many other musicians and producers like shit, he would have been a truly global star. Like Ed Sheeran. But he's just an old windbag C List celeb desperately trying to get noticed. He's taking a long time updating his #QueenElizardbeastIsANazi schtick after yesterday's Sun article. Let's see how he now blames a 7 year old child for being taught to salute Hitler, just as he blamed a sick princess for a mentally ill nurse's suicide. And offered the view that Madonna would use her orphan son, David Banda, as handbag material. Really, 'kiss my ass' is tame, he needs to up his game if he wants another Smurf-Troll Oscar on his mantelpiece. What a wanker he's turned out to be.

best
GOBB

and yet you remain

o, so there were many types of roses and other flowers tossed on the stage. the white one on the drum set, a place of honor, the blue one in his ass pocket. LOL

the blue rose blog is two people, one when the two are having one of those gay cat fights.

So...how was the concert? You know the one at The Deport in Salt Lake City? Anyone have anything to say on that? Preferably someone who was actually there.

The show looked great. The audience seemed very into it, too (much different than all the people moaning about Red Rocks' meat ban and, yet again, the "Ganglord" and "Meat is Murder" clips) and Morrissey sounded fantastic...as usual. I have some uploads, but I can't figure out how to work this computer at work. Sorry.

SETLIST:
Suedehead
Alma Matters
Staircase at the University
Ganglord
Speedway
WPINOYB
Kiss Me A Lot
Istanbul
Now My Heart is Full
Mama Lay Softly...
Will Never Marry
Paris
First of the Gang
I Will See You in Far...
Bullfighter Dies
Stop Me if...
What She Said
Meat IS Murder
Everyday is Like Sunday
Encore: Queen is Dead

Side note, every time I see someone quote this "GOBB" character, all I can think is:
519fb7561dd53.preview-620.jpg

I feel as though it explains a lot.

Thanks for the set list - appreciated.
In my 15+ years of coming here, this type of information and reviews et al was one of the things I looked forward to.
It's a shame that you have to wade through such melodramatic, verbose waffle to get to such things now.
Cheers,
FWD

So...how was the concert? You know the one at The Deport in Salt Lake City? Anyone have anything to say on that? Preferably someone who was actually there.

Oh yes
Our man came on stage said something witty, sang the same old songs, bored us with meat is murder and its snuff footage
bored us again with remarks about the British royal family, showed us why he is simply the most talented tambourine player on planet earth, threw his silly shirt to the local mentally ill, packed up and f***ed off to the next town the end.

Stormin Mormon

This Eric, you brilliant toff. You took the words out of My mouth. Now if only moz could do listen. I always suspected the reason Morrissey hates the Queen is that he never took her place. He propably sits in his bathtub fantasizing about the royal throne. I don't think morrissey will listen. I have a inclining that he is too far gone.
The yes sayers(are they band mates of self esteem coaches), the god awful album, void of anything resembling his past brilliance. The pointless hatred and mudslinging. I bet he prays go get back in the British music awards to get the praise from the big guys he wants so badly.

The only question is: is this or the old morrissey the true one. Maybe you can't help the ones who won't accept it. Or maybe we need help. I mean the man has always been a bitter boy, thinking his way is the right one. Everyone else is a damn simpleton. His explanation why? Well I'm more talented when it comes to songwriting. I see the world, they don't. Hence the terrible uninformed song art-hounds. Yes critics dish out hard faulty critic. But you can't take the good ones into your heart.

It's time to accepted the the glourious savior who could look right through your inside and pick out you emotions and assemble them into a masterpiece which gives you comfort and let's you know your not alone is gone. The old moz music is still there. Enjoy it and get pleasantly surprised when he cracks out a gem in a future album. But don't except much. Let's us just be happy the he is still here and so is the beautful memory and music of the flower wielding Oscar Wilde reading ray of light. In my darkest day, when I feel like leaving moz. The picture of him lying so peacefully on the golden flower covered floor comes in my head and I turn back to him like a one would too a abusive lover.

And about moz not liking his fans. I have a unnerving feeling the he does not respect us. That he wanted other fans. I mean his demeanor on stage, the way he leave Becaus of slightest disturbance and that the sometimes changes his lyrics on stage in to a judging even mocking way. Is he torturing us a bit. With the set list(although I don't really care what he play but others do) and the short set. Is the handshakes a way of saying grovel to you master. I'm disillusioned, somebody comfort me :( one thing is for sure, you must be one hell of a intense thing to bring relationship out of a fan

Hahaha! That's me. A big toff. But highly likeable.

Thank you for your insightful comment!

This Eric, you brilliant toff. You took the words out of My mouth. Now if only moz could do listen. I always suspected the reason Morrissey hates the Queen is that he never took her place. He propably sits in his bathtub fantasizing about the royal throne. I don't think morrissey will listen. I have a inclining that he is too far gone.
The yes sayers(are they band mates of self esteem coaches), the god awful album, void of anything resembling his past brilliance. The pointless hatred and mudslinging. I bet he prays go get back in the British music awards to get the praise from the big guys he wants so badly.

The only question is: is this or the old morrissey the true one. Maybe you can't help the ones who won't accept it. Or maybe we need help. I mean the man has always been a bitter boy, thinking his way is the right one. Everyone else is a damn simpleton. His explanation why? Well I'm more talented when it comes to songwriting. I see the world, they don't. Hence the terrible uninformed song art-hounds. Yes critics dish out hard faulty critic. But you can't take the good ones into your heart.

It's time to accepted the the glourious savior who could look right through your inside and pick out you emotions and assemble them into a masterpiece which gives you comfort and let's you know your not alone is gone. The old moz music is still there. Enjoy it and get pleasantly surprised when he cracks out a gem in a future album. But don't except much. Let's us just be happy the he is still here and so is the beautful memory and music of the flower wielding Oscar Wilde reading ray of light. In my darkest day, when I feel like leaving moz. The picture of him lying so peacefully on the golden flower covered floor comes in my head and I turn back to him like a one would too a abusive lover.

And about moz not liking his fans. I have a unnerving feeling the he does not respect us. That he wanted other fans. I mean his demeanor on stage, the way he leave Becaus of slightest disturbance and that the sometimes changes his lyrics on stage in to a judging even mocking way. Is he torturing us a bit. With the set list(although I don't really care what he play but others do) and the short set. Is the handshakes a way of saying grovel to you master. I'm disillusioned, somebody comfort me :( one thing is for sure, you must be one hell of a intense thing to bring relationship out of a fan

This is a great comment tbh. I have a question tho? do you think that changing his band will improve things for him? i'm curious

The good news is that soon the only people left will be the truest of the true acolytes. Leave aside the simple fact that the World Peace album was and is a complete disaster, Morrissey's central problem remains. He's not a very nice person. He has nothing nice to say about anyone or anything. There is barely a person on the planet he does not appear to despise, and now it has grown deeply, deeply boring.

He has the talent and the back catalogue to be selling out huge arenas for days at a time, but has destroyed his reputation and his legacy by being thoroughly obnoxious and happy to show his ignorance on a range of topics. Too much chat, and not enough writing. Many of these dopey TTY statements might have been the kernel of a new lyric twenty years ago. Now they are tossed off and forgotten in a few minutes. You get the impression that this once taciturn yet amusing man now cannot spend a day without telling every one what he thinks, and in doing so reveals himself to be the sort of hateful creature you would cross the road to avoid.

How many years have people here being telling him to shut up, dump his band and start afresh? Five? Ten? That decade has seen him drift inexorably away from being an important and vital artist, and into being a laughing stock to all but the most fervent followers. Now, if that was the plan, then great, but as he seems to have a problem with those who - however inexplicably - can sell a couple of hundred thousand tickets in an hour, it seems that might not have been the way it was supposed to pan out.

Hear, hear!

I really think bringing back Craig Gannon would be a game changer to replace Jesse, but I guess Jesse gives better foot massages in the hotel with Nancy post show.

Isn't that one of the Mexican gang member signs he is "flashing" in the pic from one of the 12,500 different Mexican gangs in LA? Shouldn't he save that gimmick for the shitty LA sports arena meat festival right before he sings First of the Gang. Marketing genius!!! Anonymous-

Last edited:
Well, well, well.

Said like a Massive. Mental. f***wit.

Skinny your hated for the Blue Rose Society is really showing your complete jealously and lack of understanding of who Morrissey is, or, should I say, how, Morrissey likes to portray himself in the public all- seeing eye.
The truth in the matter is regardless if Morrissey formed the Blue Rose Society or not, he enjoys playing a long with them at the very least.
He despises you, this pathetic excuse of a 'fan-site', and most, if not all, of the 'Johnny Marr's biggest fan' registered users.

At least GoBB and Benny's replies are highly amusing and show they have some brain cells.

But you, you post like a petulant snotty-nosed 7 year old.

K

Playing along or not the Blue Rose Society is not a cute game either.It reveals him for the fraud that he is and they are no better.It's nice that some people think they are exotic and people don't understand them but it is pathetic. Another cult. An idiotic cult that makes them think they are somehow special while acting like jerks to other people. They use this as a platform for their own agenda but pushed away the one person that inspired their ridiculous idea in the first place who does not listen to Morrissey anymore as a result of it . BB is honest and fabulous.

I really think bringing back Craig Gannon would be a game changer to replace Jesse, but I guess Jesse gives better foot massages in the hotel with Nancy post show.

Isn't that one of the Mexican gang member signs he is "flashing" in the pic from one of the 12,500 different Mexican gangs in LA? Shouldn't he save that gimmick for the shitty LA sports arena meat festival right before he sings First of the Gang. Marketing genius!!! Anonymous-

give up

The nice comments abound this time. Makes me happy.

Also, thanks for the heads up on this crowdalbum thing. I am terrible at the internet and was unaware of its presence until now. Thank you.

My pleasure! :D I love to see pictures of fans from various ages, social classes, origins, religions and so on, socializing together and having a great time seeing Moz.

This girl is sweet ...

Daisy ‏@thyflowerchild 6 Min.
I could go on forever about how much I love him and how he impacted my life
and just ugh. Yesterday was the best day ever. I love Morrissey.

Daisy ‏@thyflowerchild 8 Min.
Yesterday was the best day of my life and I can die happy now that I have seen
Morrissey ❤️

CKTEXFOUEAAqAMs.jpg

Séamus Leonard ‏@seamusleonard 4 Min.
Superb show by Morrissey in SLC last night. Vocals excellent. Band tight.
Powerful visuals. #herverylowness

CKTOj8WUcAAyOPC.jpg

Thanks for the report!

Chatty bits I can recall to the best of my ability:
"Once a panther always a panther"

"Ed sherran can kiss my ass"

"Did you know that in this country it's illegal to film inside of a slaughterhouse/abbitior ..."

And said something about the UK being run by the third reich and hopefully that will change soon.

During Will never marry, the crowd was singing along and he paused and waited while the crowd finished the "Alllone" bit then continued
Now my heart is full he added in his own name "Steven patrick.."

Highlights for me were Ganglord, Alma matters, now my heart is full, and I will see you in far off places. There were many flowers thrown among them were Yes, blue roses, white roses, gladioli, some yellow flowers. Yellow flowers and a blue rose made it to his back pocket and a single white rose placed on the drumset.
It was an amazing show fantastic camaraderie among the fans until the shirt scuffle but every one survived. Thank you Morrissey for an incredible night I won't be forgetting anytime soon.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom