Salt Lake City, UT - Kingsbury Hall (May 16, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

set list provided by Old Mathew

• Photos and review: Morrissey makes memorable return to SLC by Jeremy Harmon - The Salt Lake Tribune. Photo slideshow (15 total). Link posted by talljmod.

slc.jpg
  • Morrissey @ Kingsbury Hall 05.16 with Kristeen Young by Dean O Hillis - SLUG Magazine. Link posted by Jon West.

Last edited:
A great show. Same setlist as ABQ except he actually did drop NFD this time. So:

Hand In Glove / Speedway / Ganglord / I Have Forgiven Jesus / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / Yes, I Am Blind / Life Is A Pigsty / The Bullfighter Dies / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / Trouble Loves Me / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday // Asleep / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell

A good rush and a push toward the stage during One Day, with at least two people out of a half dozen making it on stage.

More tomorrow. Just got back from a four hour drive home….

I'm seeing him tomorrow, so fingers crossed something changes for the better (as in, at the very least bring NFD back) - these sets have been so stagnant.

Ok, a few more observations. I always need an hour or so to settle down before sleeping after a long drive, even it is nearly 3 am in the hintermost regions of Utah…

When he came out on stage he said, "Today is Julia's birthday, and everybody's happy."

At one point he quipped, "I come from the land of carbon monoxide. So the clear air here is [wearing me down or something similar, referring to the altitude]." He did seem slightly tired.

Before World Peace he said [paraphrasing], "Today I made a terrible mistake. I turned on the television. And the first thing I saw was an advertisement for guns and ammo. Which you would never see on British telly. The only people who own guns there are the Royal family. Barbarians, barbarians, barbarians. But then I remembered: World peace is none of your business."

He returned to the theme of watching TV in SLC before Meat is Murder. "They'd advertise meat. Then the cancer care center. Then meat. Then the cancer care center. Again and again and again [making a circular motion with his hand]. Does nobody make the connection?"

Highlights were World Peace (Jesse's solo was great), Life is a Pigsty (amazing), The Bullfighter Dies (I'm a sucker for a 2 minute pop song anyways), and Trouble Loves Me (when he gestures to the audience on the line "at your age!"). And of course Asleep.

SLC tends to be a bit muted, so the sudden explosion of ambitious stage divers during One Day was a pleasant and welcome surprise.

I've seen the man on every tour since 1991. I damn well hope there are more to come. Now I'm wishing I had booked that flight to Denver for tomorrow night….

Oh, and for what it's worth, he determinedly ignored the blue rose that was held out to him, and seemed to scowl at its presentation. I've never made heads or tails of that insane inanity, but it's clear he seems annoyed by it as well (and is aware what it means).

Watching Life is a Pigsty -- my God that man can sing.

I really shouldn't have drank that Red Bull during the last hour of the drive, though I suppose this beats waking up ensconced on a Prickly Pear cactus beside a rolled-over truck…

A final thought, and plea (for the day, there will be more pleas and perhaps even thoughts tomorrow):

I loved how he came over to shake my hand during Everyday (just after the "greased tea with me" line), and that it was caught on video… that said, I am still waiting for one of you to cough up the video of me dancing with him during King Leer at Jones Beach, 1991. Anyone, anyone? I know it exists. Or Great Woods, Mansfield, MA, 1991, during "Suedehead?" Come on, come on….

Last edited:
Official Statement: This is NOT Old Mathew.

I would like to stress that I do not drink Red Bull. I gather that someone is commenting in my name that I drank Red Bull - but that is NOT Old Mathew. Please be aware that he is bogus. That's, of course, if you should remotely care.

Uncommentably yours,
Old Mathew
Salt Lake City
17 May 2014

So, down to a 15 song main set? "To Give" remains while NFD, GLLT, FOTGTD, etc. gone.

Looking bleak.

So did the bar there only sell coffees and juices, etc.? I remember when he played the Zephyr Club it was great because you could actually buy alcohol!

Thank you Old Mathew. :flowers:

The shirt toss is dead. Not sure why, he did it last year and his body looks better than it had in a while.

good god, Life is a Pigsty was worth the admission fee by itself. Incredible. What was with the Brooklyn Nets shirts, seemed very arbitrary. Thats my Every Day's Like Sunday video up above, hope that does'nt get me arrested!

I'm seeing him tomorrow, so fingers crossed something changes for the better (as in, at the very least bring NFD back) - these sets have been so stagnant.

Stagnant? the tour has only been going for just over a week?

Why do you care about sets at concerts you didn't attend?

So, down to a 15 song main set? "To Give" remains while NFD, GLLT, FOTGTD, etc. gone.

Looking bleak.

No shit.

If I get a 17 song set when I see him I'm going to be bullshit.

You were cheated Utah.

Also, considering one of them was the dreadful To Give and another was the overplayed Meat is Murder I'd call this a 15 song set.

Oh, and for what it's worth, he determinedly ignored the blue rose that was held out to him, and seemed to scowl at its presentation. I've never made heads or tails of that insane inanity, but it's clear he seems annoyed by it as well (and is aware what it means).

Watching Life is a Pigsty -- my God that man can sing.

This is all part of the journey. If he accepts it all of the time, it would not be the same! Read Following the Mozziah; you will see!

Agreed. NFD or Girl Least Likely To would be wonderful.

"National Front Disco" and "First of the Gang to Die".

Pretty bad when even "That's How People Grow Up" would be a welcome return.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom