Salford Lads Club set off on trip to America - thanks to Smiths shirt sales - Manchester Evening New

Link posted by Roberto Ferdenzi / Facebook:

Salford Lads Club set off on trip to America - thanks to Smiths shirt sales - Manchester Evening News
The group will visit Red Cloud High School in South Dakota after sales of a Lads' Club T-shirt raised £50,000

JS69803615.jpg

Related item:

glad to hear it and hope they have fun. never really thought about it but i wonder what brits think of america the first time they come over

What is that place anyway...isn't it just a British YMCA that is obsolete - a haven for delinquents and thieves. Also - there are some ladies there - I thought this was a "lad's club..." WTF

Good for them I hope they get some good American hospitality while they're here. Why South Dakota though?

Good for them I hope they get some good American hospitality while they're here. Why South Dakota though?

Because there are people in this world who would rather meet the Lakota than Mickey? Possibly?

No thanks to fracking Camoron either, who got his own tshirt for free, I seem to remember.
I hope Red Cloud torments him in his sleep, when he uses that as a pj top.

WTF is 30 stone? Yes the New York Yankees are wankers. I am assuming "wankers" is bad, but every Brit and their Grandmother wants a New York Yankees Baseball cap. Don't people just say "mate" in Austria Lia like Crocodile Dundee?

I think L 50,00 could only buy them a trip to South Dakota. If Brits think Americans are wackers, why are their Brits all over America spending all their pounds and squid. I think they are the only people in the world that actually have bought Planet Hollywood merchandise. How does a Planet Hollywood Orlando hoody make you look cool in Higginsbottomshire City United?

Anonymous-

Strange that back in the day the Lads Club hated the Smiths connection. Took them a good few years to change their position. A nice happy ending.

Because there are people in this world who would rather meet the Lakota than Mickey? Possibly?

No thanks to fracking Camoron either, who got his own tshirt for free, I seem to remember.
I hope Red Cloud torments him in his sleep, when he uses that as a pj top.

As much as Camaron is a twat, his shirt was given to him by the Manchester Evening News - whether they paid for it, or not, I don't know.
What I do know is that Cameron wearing it attracted a very large amount of free publicity which will have contributed to many more sales.

Strange that back in the day the Lads Club hated the Smiths connection. Took them a good few years to change their position. A nice happy ending.

It was the committee at the time who were staunch royalists and also (rightly so) were a little miffed that the building had been used without permission. Time heals and they (new committee members) realised embracing the connection was for the good of the club.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom