Salford lads club charity auctions now up

I'd be interested to know - if you can ask the winner - what the winners intentions with the huge banner are:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

I have no idea - my role is over here - she will see Leslie tomorrow to pick up the poster. Maybe she has a very, very big house. That's my guess, anyway.

Peter

Surely it's not too much (or too nosey?) to ask the successful bidder what they plan to do with it - just for the sake of interest.
Are they an obsessive collector? Or is it going to be part of an art project? Do they work in the media? Or is it Morrissey's mum? Will it be on display somewhere? Do they have a massive bedroom?

Or, if you don't feel comfortable asking, you could suggest they log on here and join in :)

Dave

In case you are interested: the QiD cassette will be collected today or tomorrow (depends on when my partner next passes the SLC - she works in Ordsall). I will be looking at it. Maybe scanning it. I might frame the inlay card. I will keep the tape in a box with some other tapes - in a locked cupboard, away from my daughter's sticky fingers (3 year old rather than thief!).​

Could be Almareallymatters, she lives in a mansion, she's picking it up as she wont have told her hubby how much she just spent on his plastic fantastic;):D

Jukebox Jury

Not me sadly...only wish it were....I already have a 6 foot by 4 foot Moz in my kitchen!...and Mr Reallymatters has called a halt to further such adornments!...bloody kill-joy! :(

Love Alma xxx

Last edited:
Not me sadly...only wish it were....I already have a 6 foot by 4 foot Moz in my kitchen!...and Mr Reallymatters has called a halt to further such adornments!...bloody kill-joy! :(

Love Alma xxx

Alma
Here's what you do...... buy them, on Mr ARM's plastic, but use my address for delivery.... I hold them for you until Xmas or birthday and post them to you ''as a present from me''.

He'll never know, I bet he couldn't spot a crime if it happened right in front of him;):D

Jukebox Jury

I'd be interested to know - if you can ask the winner - what the winners intentions with the huge banner are:guitar:

Jukebox Jury

My partner has just picked up my cassette :)

Leslie at the Lads Club told her that the woman who won the banner drove up from Southampton to pick it up - apparently she was willing to bid up to £1000 for the banner :eek:

Leslie at the Lads Club told her that the woman who won the banner drove up from Southampton to pick it up - apparently she was willing to bid up to £1000 for the banner :eek:

Holy crap!

And hows the cassette? Are you pleased to have it?

Peter

I wish she had made that a bit more known.... I would have carried on bidding!
Did she say what she was going to do with it?

Jukebox Jury

wasnt there a thread a few years agos , when someone asked what morrissey done with the old tour backdrops it emerged that they got sent to third world countries to be used for the vinyl for roofing etc

with the big morrissey poster you could line your garage .

Or you could go to B&Q and spend £50 on roofing felt :)

I'd love to know what happens to the old backdrops - I'd REALLY like to know where the Elvis-style neon "MORRISSEY" is from the YATQ tour; they could sell the letters off one by one for charity - I suspect that the "M" would be worth most and the "R" and "S" would be cheapest (less rare :) ). But if your name was Michael, Olivia, Robert, Regina, India, Susan, Stephane, Edward or Yvette it would be a pretty cool thing to have in your living room.

I remember that Blackpool Council sold off a load of old illuminations earlier this year - I think a giant Thunderbird Rocket ship went for about £20,000.

Come on, Morrissey, you know it makes sense - no point in keeping them stored in your mum's garage forever

wasnt there a thread a few years agos , when someone asked what morrissey done with the old tour backdrops it emerged that they got sent to third world countries to be used for the vinyl for roofing etc

with the big morrissey poster you could line your garage .

I'd love to know what happens to the old backdrops - I'd REALLY like to know where the Elvis-style neon "MORRISSEY" is from the YATQ tour; they could sell the letters off one by one for charity - I suspect that the "M" would be worth most and the "R" and "S" would be cheapest (less rare :) ). But if your name was Michael, Olivia, Robert, Regina, India, Susan, Stephane, Edward or Yvette it would be a pretty cool thing to have in your living room.

I remember that Blackpool Council sold off a load of old illuminations earlier this year - I think a giant Thunderbird Rocket ship went for about £20,000.

Come on, Morrissey, you know it makes sense - no point in keeping them stored in your mum's garage forever

The Seeker reported the fate of a massive ad billboard in here. ;)

i bet the big E would be the best seller

Back
Top Bottom