Salford lads club charity auctions now up

I didn't think you line crashers slept;):D
Jukebox Jury

We sleep in shifts between our spa treatments and kinky fetish orgies.

Anyway, £200 may only be $300 (to whomever noted that) but (a) I'm not buying Christmas/Chewbacca/Kwanzaii presents for my nearest and dearest this year (thanks to a whole summer of $4/gallon petrol) and (b) thar be tours in them thar hills (or something like that).

But that does remind me to make up my Unhappy Holidays card.

Whoever does win the poster must take a picture of it hanging from the window of the tallest building s/he (or it) can find.

XXX,
ADAM
Ropeladder of the Tour-mentors

Morrissey Poster from outside Roundhouse on ebay for sale!!!

Apartently its been donated by his manager and all proceeds go to Salford Lads Club.

The thing is massive, I remember discussing how to nick it when we were outside the Roundhouse in January lol, I so totally want this, I nearly spat my tea across the room when I saw it for sale, im a bit short on funds so hopefully it will go to a deserving adoring fan with large walls (or ceilings)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/HUGE-MORRISSEY-HOARDING-POSTER-DONATED-BY-HIS-MANAGER_W0QQitemZ160297731148QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Music_Music_Memorabilia_LE?hash=item160297731148&_trksid=p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1432|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318

There are 3 other items, t-shirt signed by Mr Marr himself and a Smiths Cassete signed by them all

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Exactly one day to go. Lots of watchers...is this the calm before the storm?

Peter

Well I'm certainly feeling seasick even now...and I'm not even bidding anymore...maybe :confused:
:sick:;)

"Your watched eBay items are ending soon"... exciting :)

I'm sticking with my predictions, ranking highest first:
A - Huge Morrissey Roundhouse hoarding poster - donated by Merck Mercuriadis.
B - The Queen Is Dead Cassette - signed by all 5 Smiths.
C - Cymbal signed by Mike Joyce.
D - New design Salford Lads Club T-Shirt - signed by Johnny Marr.

I can't believe the t-shirt got to £82 - but I think that both that and the cybal will both break £100... the castette maybe £300 and the banner £500 - at least £1000 for SLC...

...hope they do...but I might end up eating humble pie...or spending £1000 just to prove a point :D

"Your watched eBay items are ending soon"... exciting :)

I'm sticking with my predictions, ranking highest first:
A - Huge Morrissey Roundhouse hoarding poster - donated by Merck Mercuriadis.
B - The Queen Is Dead Cassette - signed by all 5 Smiths.
C - Cymbal signed by Mike Joyce.
D - New design Salford Lads Club T-Shirt - signed by Johnny Marr.

I can't believe the t-shirt got to £82 - but I think that both that and the cybal will both break £100... the castette maybe £300 and the banner £500 - at least £1000 for SLC...

...hope they do...but I might end up eating humble pie...or spending £1000 just to prove a point :D

I hope you are right on those figues Dave

There must be some tactical moves going on here....... who will make the first move and fire the trigger that sets it all off;)

Jukebox Jury

Well, I bid the poster up to £390 - godonlyknows08 got it for £400.

What would you have done had you been the highest bidder?:eek:
Well done on increasing the bid:guitar:
PS I was bidder No 3:cool:

Jukebox Jury

I think I said in an earlier post - I had some space on my bedroom wall :D

If I'd won it I would have hung it outside the building I work in, taken some photos, then rolled it up and stored it...maybe getting it out once a while...still, god only knows has to deal with it now - wonder who they are.

I'm winning on the QiD cassette at the moment - much easier to enjoy - I might even buy a tape player to listen to it :D:D

...and I won it...got to stop bidding now...but that cymbal is very nice...

The cybal is worth a small increase, just to get my predictions right - ABC&D

Cymbal jumped up a tenner in the last 30 seconds! Was it you Dave?

Jukebox Jury

Wasn't me - my partner just walked in the room at the wrong moment - she doesn't know about the cassette yet :tears:

...all men have secrets, and here is mine...

I got my ranking predictions right - if the prices were lower than I thought they'd end up

A - Huge Morrissey Roundhouse hoarding poster - donated by Merck Mercuriadis. £400
B - The Queen Is Dead Cassette - signed by all 5 Smiths. £175 (officially, now my most expensive Smiths' item)
C - Cymbal signed by Mike Joyce. £102
D - New design Salford Lads Club T-Shirt - signed by Johnny Marr. £82

£759 for the Lads Club - well done to Peter, Phill and anyone else who was involved.

Wasn't me - my partner just walked in the room at the wrong moment - she doesn't know about the cassette yet :tears:

...all men have secrets, and here is mine...

Ha ha
Nice one,
so it has ended......

£400, £175, £102 & £82

Total of £759

Added to the benefit gig on Thursday which raised £740 =

£1,499 to The Lads Club:guitar: (though Ebay's cut will have to come out of the four items)

Jukebox Jury

well done everybody!

Back
Top Bottom