Salford lads club charity auctions now up

Re: Is this a fake item?

Maybe, but would you also narc on all the SoLowists who make fanmade shirts, like april and mozgrrl?

You are right in a way... but the difference (certainly in mozgrrl's shirts) is that they are her own designs and has not copied original shirts or designs.
This is a blatent rip off of official shirts.... I think where the unofficial shirt becomes 'legal' is that no one 'designed' the style by producing it themselves. It's a copy of the front of a building which probably is not copyrighted. Remember, even The Smiths won a court case taken out by the club for using the building without permission!

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:

You are right..... there are people / companies all over the world selling bootleg T-shirts, posters and other merchandise. In a capitalist society this is acceptable. Unless SLC has copyright on the building or some similar thing then there is nothing they can do. Don't forget, The Smiths used the building without permission and even the courts veered in their favour when the club challenged it.

Jukebox Jury

My lawyer missus reckons there might be a case of 'passing-off' here. At the very least, they could ask the seller to donate a bit from the sales.

Peter

My lawyer missus reckons there might be a case of 'passing-off' here. At the very least, they could ask the seller to donate a bit from the sales.

Peter

I'm speaking to Leslie at the club tonight so will raise it.
But I imagine it will be like all the bootleg T-shirt sellers who sell shirts outside gigs and football grounds every week.
And if the seller is from outside the UK........

Jukebox Jury

Woo hoo! Look at 'em go!! Over £200 raised and just a day gone!

Peter

**EDIT** Scrap that, now over £260. Thanks to user Retrocompute for forcing the poster over £100!!!

Last edited:
i'm currently enjoying being the highest bidder on the cassette...let's see how long it lasts! im encouraged by it's connection to my unfortunate home town of Nottingham. :cool:

True, but they are not taking the money out of someone else's pockets by using their name without permission. Or maybe the seller on Ebay has permission? What do I know.

Peter

i'm not a big unofficial merch fan but i see your point its unfair on the SLC , maybe they should put their shirts up on EBAY too , i am sure they would sell well

Update on progress 22:08, 11/11/08...

Poster - 16 bids, 23 watchers, £180.28

QID cassette - 21 bids, 35 watchers, £65.00

Cymbal - 11 bids, 17 watchers, £37.00

T-Shirt - 10 bids, 14 watchers, £82.00

Total so far, with just under 5 days to go, £364.28. GET IN!!!

I think we could...we could make a grand off this lot - is that wishful thinking?

Peter

My plan (at the start of the week) was to not bid until the last minute, then put in a cheeky £100 bid on the poster...

Well, the best laid plans...5 days to go and it's £203...this is going to go for a lot of money

I might be able to afford the cymbal

:eek: Jaysus, who's Bidder #3 for the HugePoster ? Julia ?!
Too rich for my blood, if I had any...

I had a bid on the cassette and cymbal...

May have another go at the weekend..

:eek: Jaysus, who's Bidder #3 for the HugePoster ? Julia ?!
Too rich for my blood, if I had any...

Yep, even I'm out at the £200 mark. I have a tour to start saving up for, and those don't come cheap.

I can't wait to sleep on concrete again.

Yep, even I'm out at the £200 mark. I have a tour to start saving up for, and those don't come cheap.

I can't wait to sleep on concrete again.

I didn't think you line crashers slept;):D

Dont forget, £200 is now only $300 compared to $400 this time last year..... go on, bid a final £5 more.... $7.50.... won't break the bank, will it:guitar: and if you don't outbid the current winner, you may still increase the price:)

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
UPDATE! We hit the £500 mark with over two days to go. Thanks to bidder moolyt for tipping us over the £500 mark. Latest updates as follows (14:00, 14/11/2008)...

Hoarding poster - 31 watchers, 19 bids, currently at £203.00

QID cassette - 43 watchers, 33 bids, currently at £170.00

Mike Joyce Cymbal - 22 watchers, 12 bids, currently at £51.00

SLC/Marr T-Shirt - 17 watchers, 10 bids, currently at £82.00

Grand total, currently at £506 - keep those bids coming in, and well done to all bidders so far!

Cheers,

Peter

Back
Top Bottom