Saint Laurent Smiths shirt

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThePoliticalRevolution, Jun 19, 2019.

By ThePoliticalRevolution on Jun 19, 2019 at 8:12 AM
  1. ThePoliticalRevolution

ThePoliticalRevolution Well-Known Member

David T better put THIS on the front page as a news story:

[​IMG]

https://www.farfetch.com/ar/shoppin...print-t-shirt-item-14112389.aspx?storeid=9462

YSL is owned by Kering: https://www.kering.com/en/

The company which also owns GUCCI saw net revenue of €13.665 billion in 2018. So I don't know what the fuck that lady at Spillers was doing but whatever it was, it def did not put the spotlight on her as having good business acumen.

Black shirt available at Saint Laurent site:

THE SMITH T-SHIRT - Saint Laurent
    $420
    ROUND NECK, SHORT SLEEVE JERSEY T-SHIRT.
    100% COTTON
    MICRO-RIBBED COLLAR
    SHORTER RAW-EDGE HEM AT BACK
    STYLE ID 588103YBHI21095

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Insightful Insightful x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ThePoliticalRevolution, Jun 19, 2019.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Emoji-boy here spouts on all-day about Johnny Marr and the dole. ...but somehow mama’s boy has enough free time to change his name and registration everyday, to circumvent the fact that everyone has him on block.

He’s happy wearing the loser troll thing like a redneck in a hijab on Halloween.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Anyone caught wearing this should be hung. And not in a good way.
      • Funny Funny x 1
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Zing! Haha.
    4. The Wild Turkey
      The Wild Turkey
      Seems like ya gotta surmise that Tony Vaccarello is a Smiths fan.
    5. Oh my
      Oh my
      Probably the point is that there's nothing special about it... Buy asking for $500 makes it look special.
      • Informative Informative x 1
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I wore that to Morrissey's first solo gig in Wolverhampton back in 88'. Would've kept it if I knew it would be worth that much.
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I'm curious if the band members make any money from licensing this image. Because all the shirt is doing is appropriating an image of the band and slapping it on a shirt. It's amazing how various industries manage to monetize other people's work and image while the artists themselves make so little from their own work. I'm thinking album sales here. The difference between the amount of money Morrissey, Marr, et al would make from the sale of a Meat is Murder record/download/stream vs. the amount of money that YSL would make from selling one of these shirts is just such a perfect example of everything that is wrong with the music industry and with fashion.
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I always check my labels and only wear fair trade, organic natural and stylish ensembles, Cloth ears.
      Your post has not a titter of wit, style or charm. If you're going to troll at least try to expand your vocabulary beyond expletives and abuse. There are sweatshops outside of the three countries you mentioned but I was talking about China in relation to a comment in another post. As Captain Maiwearing would say, do try to keep up you stupid boy.
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I always check my labels and only wear fair trade, organic natural and stylish ensembles, Cloth ears.
      Your post has not a titter of wit, style or charm. If you're going to troll at least try to expand your vocabulary beyond expletives and abuse. There are sweatshops outside of the three countries you mentioned but I was talking about China in relation to a comment in another post. As Captain Maiwaring would say, do try to keep up you stupid boy.
    10. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      That is an anonymous post, you can’t block individual anonymous posters without blocking all anonymous posters.
    11. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I wish people wouldn't block anonymous commenters.

12. ACTON
      ACTON
      I wouldn't pay that price for any tshirt even if one of The Smiths was in it.
    13. ACTON
      ACTON
      Only?
    14. ACTON
      ACTON
      They should be dropped without parachute into war torn starved parts of the world to learn the true value of money. That's if they survive the drop.
    15. ACTON
      ACTON
    16. ACTON
      ACTON
      They wouldn't recognise it even if Johnny Rotten came on their car radio, or even if he came on their car upholstery.
    17. Barstool
      Barstool
      Are you for real?
    18. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      I got one in Oxfam for a fiver. Fair trade, recycling, no packaging and I look damn fine.
      But back on topic, Mporium s Morrissey T-Shirts look like better value compared to YSL s offerings.
    19. rifke
      rifke
      but if you're ordering from the European version of their site to be shipped to the US you'll have to pay import fees on top of the price, which are usually about 30%
    20. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      i bought a better made one of these on ebay for 10 dabs, bet the picture was ironed on at Blackpool front.