Sacked by Morrissey support group

• Thread starter Deleted member 1074
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1074

For less than 10 cents a day, you can help sacked artists like Stephen, Alain, Spencer, & Kristeen...

6htamh.jpg

f4oi7a.jpg

2w3rdpf.jpg

317copv.jpg

Has the Jew boy and fired in a parking lot stories ever been validated or is it just rumors?

Has the Jew boy and fired in a parking lot stories ever been validated or is it just rumors?

I'm not sure of the "fired in a parking lot" incident, but with regards to the "Jew boy" comment: one of Cobrin's songwriting partners claims that it really happened (see: this interview). I don't see what he has to gain from fabricating such a story, but I suppose unless someone actually produces the alleged fax, it can't ever really be "proven". That said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were true, especially considering some of the problematic remarks about Jews in Autobiography or Morrissey's comment in Loaded Magazine about areas of England being a "multicultural New Jerusalem". He isn't particularly PC, to put it mildly, and lord knows when things don't go his way he can get nasty...

Also: thanks for the laugh, Viva.

I'd heard the fired in the car park story. It was Boz that had to tell him. Bet that was fun.

Great thread. Should've included something about Gary, something like "friends dont let friends carve 'die wanker' in front doors"

I'd heard the fired in the car park story. It was Boz that had to tell him. Bet that was fun.

Great thread. Should've included something about Gary, something like "friends dont let friends carve 'die wanker' in front doors"

Please elaborate on both stories.

Please elaborate on both stories.

Alain showed up to record his songs with the band on 'Years of Refusal'. Morrissey didn't want him involved in the sessions or allowed into the studio so he sent Boz out into the parking lot of Conway Studios to break the news to Alain. After that, Alain decided to no longer compose for Morrissey.

Morrissey fired Gary Day for the first time in the early 90s. In retaliation, Gary carved "Die Wanker" on Morrissey's front door.

Morrissey hates Jews?

Big surprise.

Thanks for the giggles, Viva! Let's face it. It's funny/notfunny.

Morrissey hates Jews?

Big surprise.

Thanks for the giggles, Viva! Let's face it. It's funny/notfunny.

Yes, he hates Jews so much, the Israel flag was on the drum kit at the 2012 Manchester gig, where he stated how proud he was to have received the keys to the city of Tel Aviv.

There is actually proof of this, unlike most of what was stated above, but please do go on, if that makes you happy.

I'm not sure of the "fired in a parking lot" incident, but with regards to the "Jew boy" comment: one of Cobrin's songwriting partners claims that it really happened (see: this interview). I don't see what he has to gain from fabricating such a story, but I suppose unless someone actually produces the alleged fax, it can't ever really be "proven". That said, it wouldn't surprise me in the least if it were true, especially considering some of the problematic remarks about Jews in Autobiography or Morrissey's comment in Loaded Magazine about areas of England being a "multicultural New Jerusalem". He isn't particularly PC, to put it mildly, and lord knows when things don't go his way he can get nasty...

Also: thanks for the laugh, Viva.

That's surprising considering that he received the keys to Tel Aviv and everything. What were the problematic remarks about Jews in Autobiography? I didn't see any but I might have missed them.

That's surprising considering that he received the keys to Tel Aviv and everything. What were the problematic remarks about Jews in Autobiography? I didn't see any but I might have missed them.

Something about Geoff Travis and Patt Bellis (of Rough Trade, both Jewish) plotting against Morrissey in way that way that was typical of that "belligerent tribe from Palestine". That's from memory, scuse me if I've quoted slightly wrong.

I haven't seen this mentioned in any discussions of the book that I've come across, so it seems like a lot of people either didn't notice, overlooked it, or didn't think much of it. But as I was reading, both passages immediately left a bad taste in my mouth. First, on pg. 208 (of the Penguin softcover):

"'This is a great single and if you don’t make this statement then we’re all in a mess and you’ll never be trusted on radio again,’ says Pat – her lipstick under no doubts whatsoever. I am already formulating semi-acceptable dribble in my head, wondering how I can squeeze in the term ‘conscious borrowing’ in an effort to ease the entire nation and rid the world forevermore of emphysema. I feel slightly queasy. I have been done over by an aggressive tribe from Palestine and I don’t know what to do."

And on pg. 268:

"It was true that the art of getting money and acknowledging no superior was the rock on which the black hands of Handsoff had built his empire, and I was gooey putty against his Israelites. His was a mediocre way to spend a life, but it provided yachts a-plenty for his big-eyed militia."

I really don't know how he could have written the passages quoted above without realizing how they would come across. I don't presume to know that Morrissey "hates Jews," and it wasn't my intention to suggest such a thing. I just wanted to point out that he has a history of making insensitive and controversial remarks (especially regarding race and cultural identity) and that it's often difficult to tell 1). how much of what he says he actually believes, and 2). whether or not he's merely being politically incorrect and just trying to shit stir. Either way, with this in mind, stories like the Spencer fax incident aren't difficult for me to believe.

He didn't receive the keys to Tel Aviv in recognition of his tireless campaigning against racism and oppression, though, did he?

I've never heard the Gary Day die wanker story before, funny, and he took him back for a second stint?

I've never heard the Gary Day die wanker story before, funny, and he took him back for a second stint?

With the enemies this man has made I'm surprised more people haven't defaced his property.

I believe it was Kristy Maccoll who had said she was shocked people he had dated hadn't come forward to the press, as he had treated past lovers horribly when the relationship ended.

Do you troll Elton John on his message board this aggressively? I mean, he is a f***** and all.

"(...) A man who, try as he may, is not capable of so much as a hateful glance beyond the barbecue."

with this CH quote, I salute you. I also salute PETAfans who may have inadvertently read my posts these past few days, these had of course nothing to do with PETAfans and current Business. Which is None Of Ours.

(Thanks for the certificate, Viva. Much appreciated. :) )

see ya not around soon!

If you believe as I do that this is troll / flamebait and belongs in The Pigsty, please flag the post and report it to a moderator.

Back
Top Bottom