s&g-accom advice please.

roymoz

hello.i'm hoping to get to the s&g tonight-4th may for my second visit.i drove down the first time i went but this time i'm hoping to have a few beers so i'm looking to stay over.can any of you recommend somewhere decent to stay the night which won't break the bank? thankyou & hope to see you tonight,roy.

Try Monroe's Hotel just around the corner opposite Piccadilly Station.
A little further out, on Hyde Road next to Belle Vue Greyhound track is the Diamond Hotel or Diamond Lodge, that's quite cheap. (40 odd quid)

Jukebox Jury

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/reservation/rooms.jshtml
it's £65 for a room but if you get at least one person to share then £32.50 ea for a hotel with a stagger distance from the SnG aint bad.
there's a place on piccadilly gardens that's cheap but I can't remember the name, or even try the big ones to see if they've got any last minute cancellations? Trouble is it's Derby weekend so there'll be booked up from Singapore etc :)

love

Grim

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/reservation/rooms.jshtml
it's £65 for a room but if you get at least one person to share then £32.50 ea for a hotel with a stagger distance from the SnG aint bad.
there's a place on piccadilly gardens that's cheap but I can't remember the name, or even try the big ones to see if they've got any last minute cancellations? Trouble is it's Derby weekend so there'll be booked up from Singapore etc :)

love

Grim

Aye, that's where I stay on S&G nights. Fine. Although they remember me for the time I thought I heard someone getting attacked in the corridor in the middle of the night - I ran out in me undies, to find nothing there, but the door slammed behind me. So down to reception I went to ask for a spare card, in me undies, and it was at that point that a party of pissed-up rugby guys came back after a hefty night. They didn't half snigger at me when I checked out.

Peter

the one that Grim was trying to think of was The Gardens Hotel, on Piccadilly, probably not that far from the S&G but it seems longer when you haven't put your "party feet" in and are hobbling home. It's £65 incl breakfast, but I doubt the obvious choice of Monroes will be sold out.

Enjoy the night!

I have a spare room, about 10 miles from the city centre.
So, if I went to the S&G and you bought me drinks all night, and something to eat, and paid for the taxi.....

Sounds a right bargain to me.

I have a spare room, about 10 miles from the city centre.
So, if I went to the S&G and you bought me drinks all night, and something to eat, and paid for the taxi.....

Sounds a right bargain to me.

oh yes, it's marvelous along the murder mile, you should check out his patio. ;)

love

Grim

thanks for all the advice but i never got to go anyway.my job,as an hgv driver is far too unpredictable.i was expecting to be finished for 2 o' clock but was held up at a depot in cheshire.the only way to guarantee i can make it is to book the day off.that monroes looks good enough for me though.thanks again.

I was expecting to be finished for 2 o' clock but was held up at a depot in Cheshire.

That Dick Turpin still up to his old tricks? Stand and deliver! :D

If you have the date in mind, book ahead at Monroes and we'll see you soon.

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom