Russell Brand - Why I love The Smiths

Oh my god! I've just read the Katy Perry interview. My favourite Nick Cave song is her and Russell's "special song". Oh god. I don't know what to do, or say, or think.

it's quite sweet to think of Brand as a devotee... it's obvious he adores Morrissey, and is desperately happy to accept any element of friendship Moz is willing to share with him (just like most of the folk on here i'd guess)...

Funny that he is still sensitised to the fact that he is talking to 'Morrissey' when in his company... i wonder if Moz's close friends ever lose that sense of awe around him.:)

Cheers for sharing Uncleskinny:thumb:

She did say she would like him to be there. I think with the article being just in text the actual vibe of the conversation is lost.

I don't think there is anything wrong with calling Morrissey "Mr Misery" in response to him saying you shouldn't get married because either they were both having some fun with each other or he was being rude and she responded in kind.

Morrissey is not and should not be immune to people responding to things he says.

My opinion based on this extended view, I think she was just having fun with him. I do not know Katy Perry at all. She might be a great person. I have met a lot of performers who I don't like their music at all who are actually really great people. Until I meet her I cannot say either way.

Completely agree with you there bored and I pull back any spiteful comments that I may have made about Katy Perry, apart from that her music sucks....because it does very much and drives me insane! :gun:

Katy Perry has revealed that she wants to wear a "bacon bikini".

The 'I Kissed A Girl' singer, who is engaged to vegetarian comedian Russell Brand, said that she would like her next album to be about meat, and hopes the CDs smell of sausages.

Perry told Q magazine: "My new record... is more about confectionery and candy and baked goods. There's less fruit imagery.

"For my next album I'd like it to be about meat and I want to be on the cover wearing a bacon bikini. Also I want my records to smell of sausage or pork. CDs are over, but not if they smell original."

Hmmm.

"For my next album I'd like it to be about meat and I want to be on the cover wearing a bacon bikini. Also I want my records to smell of sausage or pork. CDs are over, but not if they smell original."

She ought to pursue this, because it's the only way history will remember Katy Perry.

Disappointed, Russell?

You thought the door was ajar, it was firmly shut all that time.

I know the feeling.

... Hey, silver lining: at least you got tea! :highfive:

Oh, I really do love the way Katy says "proper" all the time in article. She's should retain at least some modesty in regards to the fact that she has no real true identity and Russell has to 'school her' on everything. And liking a celebrity who you happen to have a natural aversion to (and Russell Brand is just boorish in my opinion) because they Morrissey is slighty superfacial in my opinion. Yes it may be revealed that he has the complexity of having a persona in public and underneath he may truly be a nice person. But someone liking Morrissey's music is not a good indicator of someone's character or likability.

I know...it was a very weird thing for Russell to do, if you watch it all it's quite a moving point of Russell's career and it's all in his book also. James actually died later on in life, Russell said in an interview

His whole persona is very anti-Morrissey - not just the promiscuity but the way he indulges in all the very boring aspects of pop culture like stand-up comedy and when he worked for Big Brother. He is the very definition of a "crashing bore". It's very strange that he's friends with Morrissey for me, very strange.

morrissey loves pop culture

He is the very definition of a "crashing bore".

I think you'd find the person who wrote the dictionary wouldn't agree...He's not quite a crashing bore. And it's not his picture the editors picked to illustrate that word.

Why do you say that? Russell Brand is a really kind and sincere person. Please explain your comment?

I don't think Andrew Sachs would agree!

Let's look at it objectively, Brand is a class A c***.

As for his other half, she can't sell a record without flashing her tits everywhere. Make of that what you will.

The only good thing I can say about Russell Brand is that he has excellent taste in music. Full stop. I've said it before, but I'll say it again. He is a classic example of going a long way with very little talent.

Katy Perry has revealed that she wants to wear a "bacon bikini".

The 'I Kissed A Girl' singer, who is engaged to vegetarian comedian Russell Brand, said that she would like her next album to be about meat, and hopes the CDs smell of sausages.

Perry told Q magazine: "My new record... is more about confectionery and candy and baked goods. There's less fruit imagery.

:eek::sick::barf:Not only ugly but also stupid.

edit:Laetitia Casta needs to start singing - at least she is beautiful.

Last edited:
I don't think Andrew Sachs would agree!

Let's look at it objectively, Brand is a class A c***.

As for his other half, she can't sell a record without flashing her tits everywhere. Make of that what you will.

Andrew Sachs doesn't give a f*** & he never did. There were very few complaints until the media decided to repeat the whole thing about 5,000 times.

Mind you, if I were Andrew Sachs I'd want to keep the whole thing pretty quiet lest the 'other job' of his nice innocent relative be revealed.

http://totalspanking.com/movies/058/spanking/Special-Detention

She's the one on the right.

Back
Top Bottom