Russell Brand posts on Twitter what Morrissey wrote for his Hollywood High introduction

@rustyrockets / Twitter (3:07 PM - 11 Sep 13):

I introduced Morrissey on stage at one of his gigs. He wrote this for me to recite.

brand_recite.jpg

The actual introduction:

Last edited by a moderator:
orly?

I like it, very self-deprecating :thumb:
and does anyone remember what Russel actually said?

The you tube video is posted here, but perhaps it doesn't play where you are.

Russell started out by saying "I'm here for the same reason as you". He spoke from the heart about how special Morrissey is. He then said that the detractors just don't get Morrissey and how funny he is. Russell then went on to read the note Morrissey gave him in an overly dramatic and deep voice. It wasn't a particularly smooth speech but it came across, to me, as genuine from one fan to many others:D

The you tube video is posted here, but perhaps it doesn't play where you are.

Russell started out by saying "I'm here for the same reason as you". He spoke from the heart about how special Morrissey is. He then said that the detractors just don't get Morrissey and how funny he is. Russell then went on to read the note Morrissey gave him in an overly dramatic and deep voice. It wasn't a particularly smooth speech but it came across, to me, as genuine from one fan to many others:D
thanks, good to know :)

What a load of cock and nonsense ! Dear oh dear ! The statements, the film, the book, the songs, the tour (that doesn't tour).
Can things get anymore embarrassing ? He's making a right Charlie out of himself these days.
I bet he's really looking forward to being a lonely bitter recluse in his own sick way.

Benny-the-Butcher

Oh, shut up.

Because our dear Moz cannot bring himself to write songs or the promised book we're reduced to starting threads about a piece of paper he's written on.

Because our dear Moz cannot bring himself to write songs or the promised book we're reduced to starting threads about a piece of paper he's written on.

Don’t worry, the book will come out. And the paper is only interesting because of the eccentric way he writes as I'm sure his memoirs will be just as entertaining.

Last edited:

You're still in the rut you entered in order to be a tagalong to the Mentalist 3.

You can drop it now, they're gone.

love Russell Brand - his recent speech at the GQ awards was really something followed by this article, which I imagine Morrissey would be in agreement with;

http://www.theguardian.com/culture/2013/sep/13/russell-brand-gq-awards-hugo-boss

if moz is going to fall back into public demand/mainstream consciousness his friend Brand may be able to help him more than we think :rolleyes:

Cannot be arsed what this evil creep "followed up". He stood there at the GQ awards and spoke about people who died at concentration camps as if it were part of his stupid, pathetic comedy shows. He laughed and giggled while he spoke about them. This was a deep insult to anybody who was murdered there, which was basically anybody who spoke up against the regime. It only shows how sick British society is already that nobody spotted the true insult in all of this. Not Hugo Boss, the victims. And if Russell Brand is oh so smart and so outspoke, he could have not gone back 70 years but pointed out that right now people are producing his and Morrissey's luxury wear under often very terrible conditions. Why go back to he Nazis once again? Because it is such an important part of f***ed up British society? Because your society is so down on its knees that it is an important part of our identity to throw around with Nazi here and Nazi there to destract from your own wrongdoings right here and no. You are not even able to communicate properly with people from other countries. You creeps.

You're still in the rut you entered in order to be a tagalong to the Mentalist 3.

You can drop it now, they're gone.
Who or what is 'The Mentalist 3'?
Are you unintentionally using language to re-enforce prejudice against those with mental health issues?

Cannot be arsed what this evil creep "followed up". He stood there at the GQ awards and spoke about people who died at concentration camps as if it were part of his stupid, pathetic comedy shows. He laughed and giggled while he spoke about them. This was a deep insult to anybody who was murdered there, which was basically anybody who spoke up against the regime. It only shows how sick British society is already that nobody spotted the true insult in all of this. Not Hugo Boss, the victims. And if Russell Brand is oh so smart and so outspoke, he could have not gone back 70 years but pointed out that right now people are producing his and Morrissey's luxury wear under often very terrible conditions. Why go back to he Nazis once again? Because it is such an important part of f***ed up British society? Because your society is so down on its knees that it is an important part of our identity to throw around with Nazi here and Nazi there to destract from your own wrongdoings right here and no. You are not even able to communicate properly with people from other countries. You creeps.

Russell Brand speaks for nobody in the UK except himself. My grandfather landed on D-Day +1 and was dead five days later fighting fascism, so thank you for dishonouring his sacrifice, and that of hundreds of thousands of British troops. His unit was one of those which later liberated Bergen-Belsen.

If you are really going to take the words of anyone in order to attack an entire nation might I suggest someone who dresses as a gay pirate might not be the place to start.

Cannot be arsed what this evil creep "followed up". He stood there at the GQ awards and spoke about people who died at concentration camps as if it were part of his stupid, pathetic comedy shows. He laughed and giggled while he spoke about them.

No, he didn't.

This was a deep insult to anybody who was murdered there, which was basically anybody who spokeup against the regime.

No, it wasn't.

It only shows how sick British society is already that nobody spotted the true insult in all of this. Not Hugo Boss, the victims.

No, it doesn't.

And if Russell Brand is oh so smart and so outspoke, he could have not gone back 70 years but pointed out that right now people are producing his and Morrissey's luxury wear under often very terrible conditions. Why go back to he Nazis once again? Because it is such an important part of f***ed up British society? Because your society is so down on its knees that it is an important part of our identity to throw around with Nazi here and Nazi there to destract from your own wrongdoings right here and no.

That makes no sense.

You are not even able to communicate properly with people from other countries. You creeps.

The irony is deafening.

No, he didn't.

No, it wasn't.

No, it doesn't.

That makes no sense.

The irony is deafening.
Thank you Orson. Whilst not particularly interested in rushing to the defence of RB I thought that maybe someone should point out that the rambling post from Anon. (why don't they register!?) was quite simply wrong. I was just girding my loins for a response when I saw you had already done it, along with the fine Johnny Barleycorn, in better fashion that I could have.

Thank you Orson. Whilst not particularly interested in rushing to the defence of RB I thought that maybe someone should point out that the rambling post from Anon. (why don't they register!?) was quite simply wrong. I was just girding my loins for a response when I saw you had already done it, along with the fine Johnny Barleycorn, in better fashion that I could have.
me too, pointing out Hugo Boss was an ardent Nazi was simply 100% true
and the fact is that to think that the stylish uniforms of the Nazis(designed by Hugo Boss) did not attract many shallow individuals to their cause
would be to truly not get how pathetic many people are :straightface:

Russell Brand speaks for nobody in the UK except himself. My grandfather landed on D-Day +1 and was dead five days later fighting fascism, so thank you for dishonouring his sacrifice, and that of hundreds of thousands of British troops. His unit was one of those which later liberated Bergen-Belsen.

If you are really going to take the words of anyone in order to attack an entire nation might I suggest someone who dresses as a gay pirate might not be the place to start.

Well put , Barley. Great post in response to something that probably didn't deserve one ...

Russell seems like a nice person and is intelligent but he shouldn't post something so personal from morrissey on twitter :(

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom