Russell Brand explains Morrissey to Howard Stern

An anonymous person writes:

In this morning's broadcast (June 11), Howard Stern interviewed Russell Brand and, among other topics, mentioned a particular meeting b/w Brand and Morrissey. Stern first mentioned that Morrissey was Brand’s “hero” before describing a meeting Brand had with Morrissey during which an "endowed" woman passed by. Stern described hearing that Brand was so taken by the woman that he could not focus on the rest of the meeting with Morrissey.

Brand admitted it, stating that men are "wired" to react to certain things, with himself being no exception, and that he actually left the meeting with Moz to go pursue said cleavage. Stern asked why he was not familiar with Morrissey's work (but knew of the Kimmel cancellation) and asked for a track to be played. Brand stated that Moz was a “genius”, an “instigator”, and a “rebel-rouser” and recommended "HSIN?", a small portion of which was promptly played (Brand re-stating each line after it was sung).

Brand also described Morrissey as being one who makes those feelings about your own inadequacies (alone, unloved) seem heroic and beautiful. Stern, upon hearing the track, mentioned it was something he could listen to. He also asked if Moz “gets laid” and Russell responded “of course not”.

UPDATE June 18:

As posted by in the comments by kissmyshadestoo, Howard Stern walked on to "Get Off The Stage" on the June 17th "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon".

markmustb1 sends more details:

Howard Stern Brought out to Morrissey song on Jimmy Fallon.
Howard Stern was on Jimmy Fallon Monday night and immediately took issue with The Roots' walk-on music selection.
After being announced (music and applause) Before sitting down,He asked "what song is that?"
Jimmy and the band leader both said "Get off the Stage by Morrissey" His response was
"Morrissey ? you got a better song in you then that ,I don't even know Morrissey.
He turned to the crowd and asked "Is anyone into Morrissey?" after a nice applause
He waved his hand and called them " lying dogs" then asked the band leader "why that song?,
don't you pick out a song that exemplifies who I am ? the band leader said
"well, you're a judge on America's got talent..so"

Clip of Howard Stern walking on Jimmy Fallon (mp4, 76.3 MB).

Last edited by a moderator:
You've just lost your house ! What was he doing on there conrtributed f*** all that made sense just the predictable "hug a junkie" shit. What a shame he was the strongest swimmer to the egg.

Aye, 'cause the war on drugs is proven to work. I'm here to tell you it's been ace and you're right to take your brain out and never think of alternative solutions.

You've just lost your house ! What was he doing on there conrtributed f*** all that made sense just the predictable "hug a junkie" shit. What a shame he was the strongest swimmer to the egg.

Came across as a right peck-head Brand refused to answer Dimbleby’s question about whether all drugs should be decriminalised.

we'll let you know

Came across as a right peck-head Brand refused to answer Dimbleby’s question about whether all drugs should be decriminalised.

we'll let you know

This is because people have been brainwashed into thinking that making a few seizures and arrests will in any way tackle drug problems. You've got to be seen as being hard on drugs, if you actually try to tackle the problem in ways that are proven to work then you're dismissed as a hug a junkie type or some other bollocks, hence why we'll never come close to winning a war on drugs.

I do like Russell Brand; he's always game. I have a friend much like him - compulsively clever and manically filling the void.

Brand is hit-or-miss, but his hits are tremendous. I've watched this clip a few times now: he utterly destroys the cast of "Morning Joe" - completely takes them apart without seeming at all mean-spirited. It's a wonderful "performance." Anyone who has spent any time on one of these sets knows what he's up to.

Wow, I'm not big on Brand, but that was an enjoyable watch. Underneath the defiant flightiness is a semblance of substance, something that the 'Morning Joe' cast didn't anticipate, I'm sure.

Last edited by a moderator:
He (RB) is a self-serving egotist of the highest magnitude who is making a living out of being an ex drug addict.
If he had any real talent he wouldn't have to bang on and on about how 'brave' he is to come off it.
When he appears on screen all he does is his moody snearing 'actress' act, whilst continually seeking attention by also hair flicking, lip curling, sick-inducing 'you have to love me' snarling bigoted stupidly boring verbal diarrhoeah. End of.

He (RB) is a self-serving egotist of the highest magnitude who is making a living out of being an ex drug addict.
If he had any real talent he wouldn't have to bang on and on about how 'brave' he is to come off it.
When he appears on screen all he does is his moody snearing 'actress' act, whilst continually seeking attention by also hair flicking, lip curling, sick-inducing 'you have to love me' snarling bigoted stupidly boring verbal diarrhoeah. End of.

Clearly you've watched 'Wrestle with Russell'. :p

Clearly you've watched 'Wrestle with Russell'. :p

I didn't even have to watch to know Viva. It is just so patently obvious what a twonk he is and has been for bloody years, and always (apparently) will be. Amen. Sad, but true.

Back
Top Bottom