Russell Brand explains Morrissey to Howard Stern

An anonymous person writes:

In this morning's broadcast (June 11), Howard Stern interviewed Russell Brand and, among other topics, mentioned a particular meeting b/w Brand and Morrissey. Stern first mentioned that Morrissey was Brand’s “hero” before describing a meeting Brand had with Morrissey during which an "endowed" woman passed by. Stern described hearing that Brand was so taken by the woman that he could not focus on the rest of the meeting with Morrissey.

Brand admitted it, stating that men are "wired" to react to certain things, with himself being no exception, and that he actually left the meeting with Moz to go pursue said cleavage. Stern asked why he was not familiar with Morrissey's work (but knew of the Kimmel cancellation) and asked for a track to be played. Brand stated that Moz was a “genius”, an “instigator”, and a “rebel-rouser” and recommended "HSIN?", a small portion of which was promptly played (Brand re-stating each line after it was sung).

Brand also described Morrissey as being one who makes those feelings about your own inadequacies (alone, unloved) seem heroic and beautiful. Stern, upon hearing the track, mentioned it was something he could listen to. He also asked if Moz “gets laid” and Russell responded “of course not”.

UPDATE June 18:

As posted by in the comments by kissmyshadestoo, Howard Stern walked on to "Get Off The Stage" on the June 17th "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon".

markmustb1 sends more details:

Howard Stern Brought out to Morrissey song on Jimmy Fallon.
Howard Stern was on Jimmy Fallon Monday night and immediately took issue with The Roots' walk-on music selection.
After being announced (music and applause) Before sitting down,He asked "what song is that?"
Jimmy and the band leader both said "Get off the Stage by Morrissey" His response was
"Morrissey ? you got a better song in you then that ,I don't even know Morrissey.
He turned to the crowd and asked "Is anyone into Morrissey?" after a nice applause
He waved his hand and called them " lying dogs" then asked the band leader "why that song?,
don't you pick out a song that exemplifies who I am ? the band leader said
"well, you're a judge on America's got talent..so"

Clip of Howard Stern walking on Jimmy Fallon (mp4, 76.3 MB).

Last edited by a moderator:
I just saw that he begins talking shit @ 28:40 if you have Hulu plus, it's before the footage hulu shows on the free clip.

Brand is so contradictory. On the one hand, he's conscientious, funny, and friends with a great hero (Moz, the person who advised him not to marry just as Stern & Robyn are now also advising) and on the other hand, he's disrespectful to women and a dumb little crack whore. Guess he's a Jekyll & Hyde.

In other Russell Brand news, he apparently texted Katy Perry for a divorce. :D

http://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...stviewed+(L.A.+ Times+-+Most+Viewed+Stories)

Also here's Brand ripping some morning talk show idiots a much needed new one while they snickered in their self-importance. I think he's promoting a new movie now.

Been waiting on this post, Morrissey has been mentioned
a couple of times over the yrs on Howard ,He truly doesn't
know who he is (brand said "cos you're American") It was
Great to hear moz on Howards show ,Robin knows him,
yrs ago a guy said he was "asexual" like morrissey , Howard asked ,who?
while robin said questioningly "the singer ?" anyway my fav American
and Fav I wanna say British person ,but he has turned in to nomad
what a interview that would be ,if only he knew who he was (like most Americans)

Howard Stern show employee K.C. Armstrong was asked if he was asexual and he replied "you mean like Morrissey"
The conversation was on a 1999 or 2000 Stern show , I think.

I sometimes wonder, with his tiresome hyper-sexualized image, if that utter prick Brand was abused as a kid. I doubt he would have the sensitivity to understand the emotional depth of Smiths songs, talentless sociopathic narcissistic clown that he is. And how the f*** does he know if Moz has sex or not? He live with him, associate with him all the time? Spitting in his direction as usual...

talentless sociopathic narcissistic clown that he is.

Hang on, couldn't that description actually fit a lot of...famous people?

My theory is that, like others, he behaves like this to get his dad's attention or something. -Oh hello-

He probably shouldn't, but there you go. Life is a long journey. Without childhood traumas it would only be Mickey Mouse Club stars out there. Which is quite traumatic in itself...

I think Russell is a fine f***ed-up fella. Isn't that all it takes to relate to Smiths songs? Don't be jealous, boys.

Nothing good would come of Moz going on Howard's show . He (Howard ) has a habit of asking awkward questions of guests just to get a rise out of them . Can Howard do a stright up interveiw ? Yes, I have heard him do it and at times quite well . But then he gets bored and starts to ask odd stuff (sex, bathroom type items) just to "get ratings" and have a sound bite that will live on and on, for use at odd times . We would hear Moz's voice forever being used in strange situations. during certain bits . Look how George Tuki (sorry about the spelling he is the one who played Sulu on Star Terk) voice pops up when he hasn't been on the show for months just to do a funny bit .
I think Moz knows how Howard is and will avoid the show unless Moz can be in control of the interview. To many of Howards "hangers on" to gang up on Moz in studio.

No. George tekai is the shows announcer, he's considered part of the show. In no way do they play part of interviews Howard has done as bumpers coming in and out of commercials to make show guests look foolish, you're wrong. As much as I love Moz I wouldn't want Howard to interview him, for the mere fact that Howard's best interviews are when he's interested in the guest, and admittedly he knows nothing about morrissey so I don't think it would be that great. Jonathan Ross has the best moz interviews cuz he's genuinely a fan of moz.

What's not to like?

It's too easy. Abadubi will be easy too, in a totally different way. :D Turkey? Piece of cake. Language barrier? No problem!

But Belgium or thereabouts, now that's another story. That'd be kamikaze stuff!!

No. George tekai is the shows announcer, he's considered part of the show. In no way do they play part of interviews Howard has done as bumpers coming in and out of commercials to make show guests look foolish, you're wrong. As much as I love Moz I wouldn't want Howard to interview him, for the mere fact that Howard's best interviews are when he's interested in the guest, and admittedly he knows nothing about morrissey so I don't think it would be that great. Jonathan Ross has the best moz interviews cuz he's genuinely a fan of moz.

He's not worng in that Richard and Sal would probably end up using drops from the interview in some phony phone calls that would put what Moz would say in a completely different context - which Moz would be none too pleased with - and THOSE would get used as bumpers.

That's all any person should aspire to be. :thumb:

Not QUITE. You should aspire to be a fine f***ed-up fella standing on his own two feet without needing a constant clique of colourful cripples around.
Also, you should aspire to be good at alliterations.

...But Russell can probably do all that anyway ;)

LOL. So, apparently, Stern always claims not to know Morrissey. I hadn't heard "Get off the Stage" in so long. Maybe Moz should add it to his setlist. "And when you get down off the stage, will you stay off the stage ole?"
Thanks for the download, David. :)

Doing it the old fashioned way - main story updated with a download of the video clip (76.3 MB MP4).

Newsflash !

Outspoken gobshite Russell Brand is going to be on the panel of the BBC politics show 'Question time' on the 20th June a show Morrissey has been invited on many times yet always declines the invite.
Anyway tune in and watch Russell Bandage make a complete cock of himself. Cheers.

Hooky

Can't wait to see him make a right tit out of himself tonight.

Benny the Butcher

Can't wait to see him make a right tit out of himself tonight.

Benny the Butcher

Didn't see it. I'll put my house on him having not made a tit out of himself but rather offering something magical compared to the mediocre, boring, chanting memorised mantra stiffs that he was put alongside.

Didn't see it. I'll put my house on him having not made a tit out of himself but rather offering something magical compared to the mediocre, boring, chanting memorised mantra stiffs that he was put alongside.

You've just lost your house ! What was he doing on there conrtributed f*** all that made sense just the predictable "hug a junkie" shit. What a shame he was the strongest swimmer to the egg.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom