Russell Brand explains Morrissey to Howard Stern

An anonymous person writes:

In this morning's broadcast (June 11), Howard Stern interviewed Russell Brand and, among other topics, mentioned a particular meeting b/w Brand and Morrissey. Stern first mentioned that Morrissey was Brand’s “hero” before describing a meeting Brand had with Morrissey during which an "endowed" woman passed by. Stern described hearing that Brand was so taken by the woman that he could not focus on the rest of the meeting with Morrissey.

Brand admitted it, stating that men are "wired" to react to certain things, with himself being no exception, and that he actually left the meeting with Moz to go pursue said cleavage. Stern asked why he was not familiar with Morrissey's work (but knew of the Kimmel cancellation) and asked for a track to be played. Brand stated that Moz was a “genius”, an “instigator”, and a “rebel-rouser” and recommended "HSIN?", a small portion of which was promptly played (Brand re-stating each line after it was sung).

Brand also described Morrissey as being one who makes those feelings about your own inadequacies (alone, unloved) seem heroic and beautiful. Stern, upon hearing the track, mentioned it was something he could listen to. He also asked if Moz “gets laid” and Russell responded “of course not”.

UPDATE June 18:

As posted by in the comments by kissmyshadestoo, Howard Stern walked on to "Get Off The Stage" on the June 17th "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon".

markmustb1 sends more details:

Howard Stern Brought out to Morrissey song on Jimmy Fallon.
Howard Stern was on Jimmy Fallon Monday night and immediately took issue with The Roots' walk-on music selection.
After being announced (music and applause) Before sitting down,He asked "what song is that?"
Jimmy and the band leader both said "Get off the Stage by Morrissey" His response was
"Morrissey ? you got a better song in you then that ,I don't even know Morrissey.
He turned to the crowd and asked "Is anyone into Morrissey?" after a nice applause
He waved his hand and called them " lying dogs" then asked the band leader "why that song?,
don't you pick out a song that exemplifies who I am ? the band leader said
"well, you're a judge on America's got talent..so"

Clip of Howard Stern walking on Jimmy Fallon (mp4, 76.3 MB).

Last edited by a moderator:
And the answer to that question would, of course, be a resounding yes. He famously split up with Jane Asher in the late 60s after she surprised him at his flat and interrupted one of his private, ahem, Black and White Minstrel Shows, as he called them...

Not quite :thumb:. She found him in bed with Francie Schwartz (who was/still is seriously unhinged and obsessed with him)... the Black & White Minstrel Shows happened over in Beverley Hills, but at pretty much the same time. I think at that time he had five or six women on the go simultaneously...eventually he kicked Francie out, bought Linda a plane ticket from New York and the rest is history :love:

Nothing good would come of Moz going on Howard's show . He (Howard ) has a habit of asking awkward questions of guests just to get a rise out of them . Can Howard do a stright up interveiw ? Yes, I have heard him do it and at times quite well . But then he gets bored and starts to ask odd stuff (sex, bathroom type items) just to "get ratings" and have a sound bite that will live on and on, for use at odd times . We would hear Moz's voice forever being used in strange situations. during certain bits . Look how George Tuki (sorry about the spelling he is the one who played Sulu on Star Terk) voice pops up when he hasn't been on the show for months just to do a funny bit .
I think Moz knows how Howard is and will avoid the show unless Moz can be in control of the interview. To many of Howards "hangers on" to gang up on Moz in studio.

Yeah...you're right. But for a few minutes there, it was a funny thought. ;)

Not quite :thumb:. She found him in bed with Francie Schwartz (who was/still is seriously unhinged and obsessed with him)... the Black & White Minstrel Shows happened over in Beverley Hills, but at pretty much the same time. I think at that time he had five or six women on the go simultaneously...eventually he kicked Francie out, bought Linda a plane ticket from New York and the rest is history :love:

Ah, you're right - but it is such a romantic tale...

"and recommended "HSIN?", a small portion of which was promptly played (Brand re-stating each line after it was sung). "
I wonder why he did'nt recommend any of Ste-Mo's latest offerings ? (Crying with laughter my stomach is hurting ha ha ha)

Hooky

Newsflash !

Outspoken gobshite Russell Brand is going to be on the panel of the BBC politics show 'Question time' on the 20th June a show Morrissey has been invited on many times yet always declines the invite.
Anyway tune in and watch Russell Bandage make a complete cock of himself. Cheers.

Hooky

Stern was on Fallon tonight and the Roots played "Get Off The Stage" when Howard came out.....it was classic. Find the video if you can!

Stern was on Fallon tonight and the Roots played "Get Off The Stage" when Howard came out.....it was classic. Find the video if you can!

Awwwwww, cool!

I do like Russell Brand; he's always game. I have a friend much like him - compulsively clever and manically filling the void.

Brand is hit-or-miss, but his hits are tremendous. I've watched this clip a few times now: he utterly destroys the cast of "Morning Joe" - completely takes them apart without seeming at all mean-spirited. It's a wonderful "performance." Anyone who has spent any time on one of these sets knows what he's up to.

As for Howard Stern: he'll relentlessly push every button you have and then go for more (he and Morrissey have a few things in common). It used to work when he was a lowly shock jock but he's been the King of All Media for so long that it's become more bullying than anything else. Still, he's whip-smart. On a list of possible Morrissey interviewers, Stern would be dead last.

Thanks for the notice, I recorded it. Here's the clip:

Last edited:
Morrissey would f***ing hate Stern for his infantile humour and banal observations. Stern would f***ing hate Morrissey for his aloof attitude and refusal to answer any questions. It would be awesome.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom