Rumours of gene reunion

Mike Mozfan

cardholder since 1999
I have a pal who works in the UK Music Express mag and he tells me that Gene will reunite in 2008-2009 for a reunion world tour. According to the report (which is non-pub yet), sales for Gene material, especially in the UK have NOT slagged off since their breakup in 2004. For anyone who has seen them play, this is GREAT news. I was lucky enough to see them in a Phoenix hole with an audience of about 50-100 ppl. and I got quite a few good shots of Martin and the band on a disposable that I snuck in. It was an awesome show. Let's hope! :guitar:

that would make me sooooooooooooo happy.I love Gene.

i saw them last time they came around,and lets just say it was a great night,Rozzer even drove in my car and went back with me and some friends to our place and drank till 6 am.
i miss Gene alot.

warning:i look horrible in this picture,it was like 530 am when it was taken,and far beyond drunk.i have also los ta bit of weight,just a tad.hahaha

martyandme.jpg

warning:i look horrible in this picture,it was like 530 am when it was taken,and far beyond drunk.i have also los ta bit of weight,just a tad.hahaha

martyandme.jpg

At least you are remarkably dressed my friend :) I had a huge zit on my face when I met Ian Brown a few years ago and the picture only emphasizes it :eek:

At least you are remarkably dressed my friend :) I had a huge zit on my face when I met Ian Brown a few years ago and the picture only emphasizes it :eek:

haha i know,i miss that fred perry jacket so much,i just bought a new black one but its just not the same...

i would love to meet Ian Brown.

I once went really early to a Gene show and heard them practicing,so I went in and didnt see anyone there besides the band,so I took a seat and watched.

After they finished,Martin walked by me,so i said hello and asked him to sign my cd.

He was really friendly.

Oh my god, this is great news!!! I saw them in '97 (I think) at a small bar in San Diego and then in 2000 (I think) at the Troubadour in Hollywood. I'll definitely be at a show if they come back to California!

They were great, and superb live. I too partied with them backstage after a gig. Good times. I really hope they get back together..

They've only been split up a few years haven't they? I think bands should have split up for a respectable amount of time before they do a reunion tour!

They were great, and superb live. I too partied with them backstage after a gig. Good times. I really hope they get back together..

I came late to Gene. I loved, absolutely loved Sick Sober and Sorry, my favourite song of theirs. Did they not play a maverick gig at Morrissey's Meltdown?

Peter

I came late to Gene. I loved, absolutely loved Sick Sober and Sorry, my favourite song of theirs. Did they not play a maverick gig at Morrissey's Meltdown?

Peter

Didn't they play in the foyer, or bar of the Royal Festival Hall? I may be wrong!

Didn't they play in the foyer, or bar of the Royal Festival Hall? I may be wrong!

Correct.

I was trying to swap the seat, got out from Ordinary Boys' set and Gene was playing in the foyer.

Incidentally I was very pleased to get a better seat for extra fiver on the left just below the box seat.

I always found it funny how Gene fought hard to make in an era of mindless lad-rock, being written off wrongly as Smiths-wannabes by mindless lad-rock music critics.

And now... you can barely move but for shy, sensitive, oh-so-self-deprecating bands that generally aren't half as good as Gene were. Bands now are praised for the very same qualities that Gene were derided for in their prime.

I also think they've been more influential than a lot of people realise.

adding a bit of fuel to the fire..just read about this.

In the third week of January '08, all four members of Gene briefly took to the stage again for ex-managers 50th birthday party.They performed 5 songs at the 100 Club in London which were: 01.Be My Light, Be My Guide 02.For The Dead 03.Where Are They Now 04.London, Can You Wait? 05.Olympian

Back
Top Bottom