Rumour - all remaining US tour dates postponed to December (via Sam Esty Rayner)

UPDATE 12:00PM PT:

Link posted by an anonymous person:

Morrissey is planning a big end-of-tour Saturday night at Oakland Auditorium where all of M's heroes - Martin Luther King, James Baldwin, Angela Davis, Huey Newton - gave famous speeches. Oakland was also the first city to go up in flames once the Trump Tragedy had been announced. Be there or be square.

As far as I know:
7 dec Royal Oak
9 dec Cleveland
10 dec Chicago
15 dec Dallas
17 dec Houston
18 dec San Antonio

And then Oakland - the big bang

Sam has posted the following on Facebook:

"I have heard rumours that all 2016 remaining Morrissey shows are to be pushed back - there are no cancellations. The next show will now be 7th December in Detroit and onwards to Texas. But this only what I've heard....."

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so if this is the case, then do you guys think he's having a break after these dates and starting touring again next year?

I'm not sure what or how to teams into this; more shows/record in 2017 or the end? I remember seeing a lost earlier this year stating this is the last tour and to catch him "live" while you can because this is it (touring).

Thoughts Morrissey solo nation?

Oi Sam: Huey Newton, Angela Davis, and Martin Luther King are Morrissey's heroes now? Since when, around three or four months ago, the same time that he found out about Public Enemy online? Since he realised that his career and outlook on life is utterly irrelevant in the modern world, and he no longer has anything of interest to say about anything or anyone - and 'the world won't listen', for good reason now - so he decided it's time to start appropriating black culture in an attempt to seem 'current' again? f*** off, you f***ing chump, you and your opportunistic uncle - who's about as relevant in 2016 as Hillary Clinton and Nicolas Sarkozy.

Very informative :thumbsup:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

I'm sure that Moz will be glad to do a show symbolically in Oakland, but in actuality the historic venue Sam is referring to is closed and being renovated and isn't scheduled to be reopened until 2018 at the earliest.

I'm not sure what or how to teams into this; more shows/record in 2017 or the end? I remember seeing a lost earlier this year stating this is the last tour and to catch him "live" while you can because this is it (touring).

Thoughts Morrissey solo nation?
Who knows? I get a little tired of this discussion every tour tbh. Morrissey isn't one to tell us his future plans like other artists (sometimes) do. Just enjoy his shows and hope he's healthy and happy...and that he'll tell us his next career move when he's ready.

I'm sure that Moz will be glad to do a show symbolically in Oakland, but in actuality the historic venue Sam is referring to is closed and being renovated and isn't scheduled to be reopened until 2018 at the earliest.

Oh darn, no. This sounded like a fun trip. Maybe there is another historic place or was our chain just yanked?

Who knows? I get a little tired of this discussion every tour tbh. Morrissey isn't one to tell us his future plans like other artists (sometimes) do. Just enjoy his shows and hope he's healthy and happy...and that he'll tell us his next career move when he's ready.

well, i wasnt around when the other tours happened, i'm pretty happy in watching videos and seeing photos of his concerts but as a fan that never had the opportunity to attend one of his shows before then i really hope he'll tour again next year so i can have the chance to see him

This is ridic. His nephew posts a rumor about supposed postponed dates. This upcoming week is the most heavily traveled week in the states because of Thanksgiving. People need to know to start cancelling flights, hotels, etc. Get ur sh$t together. Make an official announcement.

well, i wasnt around when the other tours happened, i'm pretty happy in watching videos and seeing photos of his concerts but as a fan that never had the opportunity to attend one of his shows before then i really hope he'll tour again next year so i can have the chance to see him

the-period.jpg

It sure would be $#@!@ nice to get an official word on this. I have tickets for Cleveland Friday.

Exactly his hero's change depending on which air port he walks through. As if the Oakland match with Farage or would agree with his Israel gigs. . Morrissey isn't real relevant. He's a sad sad man

He didn't seem to be last time I checked here.
And his airport heroes are more interesting, relevant and to the point than your punctuation. (his hero's?)

You are a tragic, tragic case of projecting your own miserable, non relevant misery on to a brilliant artist with a great oeuvre.

This has to be a vicious rumor! None of the last 3 venues have nothing on their website to support this rumor. And I live right near the Oakland Auditorium in question. Its still being renovated & isn't scheduled to be done till 2018 at the earliest according to this article from the San Jose Mercury News[http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/04/08/oakland-kaiser-center-poised-for-a-comeback/]. Shame on Sam posting a rumor like this w/o any absolute confirmation or even knowing the fact that the Henry J. Kaiser Auditorium(hasn't been called the Oakland Auditorium since 1984) has been closed over a decade! Also these last 3 dates coincide with me driving from NY to CA, so I'm attending them. I just cant come back out 2 weeks from now! ALL OF THE RUMORS ARE COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED!!

they just haven't been updated, yet.
I've been cancelled & postponed on many times. Ticket agencies & venues are very quick to post & notify because they don't want to still be selling tickets to a nonexistent show they'll have to refund. That's not how it works.

This has to be a vicious rumor! None of the last 3 venues have nothing on their website to support this rumor. And I live right near the Oakland Auditorium in question. Its still being renovated & isn't scheduled to be done till 2018 at the earliest according to this article from the San Jose Mercury News[http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/04/08/oakland-kaiser-center-poised-for-a-comeback/]. Shame on Sam posting a rumor like this w/o any absolute confirmation or even knowing the fact that the Henry J. Kaiser Auditorium(hasn't been called the Oakland Auditorium since 1984) has been closed over a decade! Also these last 3 dates coincide with me driving from NY to CA, so I'm attending them. I just cant come back out 2 weeks from now! ALL OF THE RUMORS ARE COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED!!

I can't believe you think that Sam, who, in addition to being his nephew, is as close as any Team Moz member can be, would share any info that isn't 100% cleared by Moz first. :crazy:

And yes, I know that the Oakland venue he's referring to is out of commission, but surely he can book the gig at another venue in town to show solidarity...

In the last week, I've noticed two things. 1) Morrissey is actually being very kind and giving the people who had tickets a heads-up on what's happening, or at least, some word of what to expect. Would we have gotten that 10 years ago?
2) I am starting to get the feeling that Morrissey needs us more than we need him now, though.

I reckon New Year's Eve in Oakland?? Oakland auditorium????? This place is worse then the Er Vine events center. I reckon now I wish Steve wouldn't of listened to me and had New Years Eve in LA again. I reckon is he going to have the band dress up in Raiders jerseys? This is a very weird venue choice for any band to play a New Years Eve show. I reckon Morrissey fans walking around Oakland?

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom