Rumour - 2 band members left due to political differences

A

Anonymous

I've heard this one doing the rounds. I can't be sure but it would explain "logistical problems"

I've heard this one doing the rounds. I can't be sure but it would explain "logistical problems"
If so, it's a better excuse than a DJ night derailing the whole thing, but would still serve to try and cover up the more embarrassing "Nobody's buying."

Reckon me hope it was Mango so Speedway won't be sung in Mexican anymore, but I did like it when he went to go get foreigner money in England and Nazi countries and they would get upset when it was sung in Mexican.

It's Boz.

No,sorry I was getting him mixed up with Stewart Lee.

are you skinny in disguise,he said bozz left a long time ago.most people on here have wanted the whole band to leave for years.

As a reason for the cancellations, it makes no sense. Good professional musicians can be shoehorned into a band with just a week or two to learn the songs. He gave his Party Political Broadcast in April. Unless somebody waited two months before they decided they felt upset, it doesn't stack up. We know the gigs weren't selling well. I think 'logistics' translates as 'insufficient finance/I'm not playing to a half-empty hall'.

As a reason for the cancellations, it makes no sense. Good professional musicians can be shoehorned into a band with just a week or two to learn the songs. He gave his Party Political Broadcast in April. Unless somebody waited two months before they decided they felt upset, it doesn't stack up. We know the gigs weren't selling well. I think 'logistics' translates as 'insufficient finance/I'm not playing to a half-empty hall'.

:crazy: Ok Nabucco.
'good professional musicans can be shoehorned into a band WITHIN or two":ha-no:
I dont know why these Moz haters seem to be so thick FFS its uncanny. I picture them
walking with a cane.doh:

This is a Chinese whispered rumour.
It started on Facebook via a now deleted Facebook post.
It was not band members.
The information has been twisted in to band members for added drama or to suit narratives.
Source:

20180711_201205.jpg

As for Boz, he was on board for the tour as validated several times by his wife and reported here as it happened - another non-story by someone pretending to be in the know (you know: like the guy who definitely knew the new single was cancelled...).

Regards,
FWD.

Edit: given Sam's just updated Central re: a sold out gig in Mexico with an extra date added too, I'm guessing the band are nowhere near disbanded.
(https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/mexico-city-sold-out).

Last edited:
While I’d like to believe it cuz f bigotry and all that :p thing is once upon at time I worked in the music biz and well, money talks, bs walks, people like money, like, a lot, so yeah, whatever political differences people might have, they wanna get paid, so I’m calling bs on this rumor :straightface:

But,if it is Boz, Skinny will somehow find a way to say "I told you so."
he may but, we all knew at the time that skinny was talking shite and even he knew it.

It was not band members.
The information has been twisted in to band members for added drama or to suit narratives.
Source:

View attachment 44969

As for Boz, he was on board for the tour as validated several times by his wife and reported here as it happened - another non-story by someone pretending to be in the know (you know: like the guy who definitely knew the new single was cancelled...).

Regards,
FWD.

Edit: given Sam's just updated Central re: a sold out gig in Mexico, I'm guessing the band are nowhere near disbanded.
lighting guy,easy to find another,sound guy a bit more of a problem,im sure someone would have taken it on.will we ever find out.sound guy is a knob twiddler,no laughing at the back please.

1,sound guy has left.
2.lighting guy has left.
3.nobody to work the cloakroom.

It was not band members.
Source:

Regards,
FWD.

Edit: given Sam's just updated Central re: a sold out gig in Mexico with an extra date added too, I'm guessing the band are nowhere near disbanded.

It's wild that that cripples a tour though - I can understand maybe losing out on a show or two for this reason.

And I still think it's odd that they couldn't have waited for Boz/Mando to record "Chain Gang" (which, who knows if we'll still see that in August).

Honestly I think part of me hopes that if any of the band do have differing opinions to what M's been putting out there that they stand up for it - not because I dislike the current band and hope someone leaves, but just for a 'yes' man saying 'no' to him. I don't think it could hurt.

Hmmmm. If this is true, and I mean if.... I can't see it being Boz. He's been around as long at the furniture and he seems like the 'grin and bear' it type; Boz definitely wants to remain on the payroll I think. I can't really see it being Jesse, he is so far up Moz's ass and follows him around a bit like a stray puppy. The other's I am not so sure about: Gustavo I could see having an issue, Matt maybe too. Mondo I don't really know enough about. I can't really see a tour being scrapped because the sound guy left, although Milky has also been with the Moz tour for a very long time. I don't even know who the lighting guy is, but I think that is no way a tour would be canned because of a lighting guy. There are thousands of people that can do that job. We shall see I guess. Most of the bands members have been pretty quiet on social media I think?

Hmmmm. If this is true, and I mean if.... I can't see it being Boz. He's been around as long at the furniture and he seems like the 'grin and bear' it type; Boz definitely wants to remain on the payroll I think.

My hunch is that Boz was planning to retire from the band anyway. He's got his record shop and his place in the Algarve. He can probably do without the touring.

A short while ago, Morrissey and Jesse were in Berlin and everybody assumed they were recording, but it turned out that the rest of the band weren't with them. I think the two of them were rehearsing with a newly-appointed lineup.

In any event, no-one ever heard of a tour being cancelled because one of the lighting guys resigned.

Back
Top Bottom