Rumour - 2 band members left due to political differences

Not at work, when people are paying me to do a job, no.
Depends on your job though. If you're an airline pilot, being intoxicated is frowned upon. If you're a rock star, it's pretty much expected of you. Although generally musicians pretend to be off their faces but stay relatively sober so they can actually perform, and then get battered afterwards. This is certainly a very odd performance from the Mozz. I read somewhere that he said he once tried ecstasy. I'd have liked to witness that - he gurns like f*** even without any Es. :lbf:

Depends on your job though. If you're an airline pilot, being intoxicated is frowned upon. If you're a rock star, it's pretty much expected of you. Although generally musicians pretend to be off their faces but stay relatively sober so they can actually perform, and then get battered afterwards. This is certainly a very odd performance from the Mozz. I read somewhere that he said he once tried ecstasy. I'd have liked to witness that - he gurns like f*** even without any Es. :lbf:
Hmm. Maybe if you're Black Sabbath, but I think most audiences just want a decent performance for their hard-earned cash. Any amusement at seeing the Artist three sheets to the wind would, I'm guessing, wear quite thin quite quickly. Plus there's something a bit pathetic about it, once the drunkenness goes past a certain point (witness Amy Winehouse + countless others). I think the gurning is an Asperger's thing (although I hesitate to mention it and start that debate off all over again) - judging from the family members of mine that have it. There's a sort of intense physical awkwardness that can create these odd tics and behaviours. Maybe when he took E he relaxed and was gurn-free :)

This rumor doesn't make any sense. This band worked together for a long time, they know Moz very well. They don't need the Guardian to know what he thinks, they probably talk sometime. Nobody is leaving I'm sure.

This rumor doesn't make any sense. This band worked together for a long time, they know Moz very well. They don't need the Guardian to know what he thinks, they probably talk sometime. Nobody is leaving I'm sure.
When Moz was being 'accused' of sympathising with Marine Le Pen, Jesse Tobias was on social media at a loss to understand how it was that people would believe Morrissey would take such a position. Clearly, there's a limit to how well his band knew him.

When Moz was being 'accused' of sympathising with Marine Le Pen, Jesse Tobias was on social media at a loss to understand how it was that people would believe Morrissey would take such a position. Clearly, there's a limit to how well his band knew him.

Jesse was? I remember Gustavo trying to mediate on Facebook, I must have missed what Jesse said about that.

Jesse was? I remember Gustavo trying to mediate on Facebook, I must have missed what Jesse said about that.
Maybe I am thinking of Gustavo. But he deleted that conversation, didn't he, so it's not possible to check.

Either way, the point remains the same. It's not at all clear that Morrissey's band were prepared for this.

That’s uhh car wreck I’d read :D

Maybe I am thinking of Gustavo. But he deleted that conversation, didn't he, so it's not possible to check.

Either way, the point remains the same. It's not at all clear that Morrissey's band were prepared for this.
Or, what is more likely, they don’t give a shit, it’s a business filled with drug addicts, liars, drama queens, alcoholics, perverts, etc, so yeh, Moz’s racism does seem just par for the course really, besides, like I said before, never underestimate that people just wanna get paid man...

Or, what is more likely, they don’t give a shit, it’s a business filled with drug addicts, liars, drama queens, alcoholics, perverts, etc, so yeh, Moz’s racism does seem just par for the course really, besides, like I said before, never underestimate that people just wanna get paid man...
I can't take you ignoring me and we were supposed to rub our shaved heads together and be this genius entertainment couple here.

WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT DREAM ROBBY?

Gustavo 'hosted' the Moz statement about the French elections and after the response he got, became mute on social media - he made a tiny comment about it prior to deleting it (www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/morrissey-statement-on-french-election-posted-on-gustavos-facebook.140099/).
Matt has stuck to other band projects and family events.
Mando has done similar - mostly family time.
Boz & Lyn have posted many, many times about gigs, charity events, recording/mixing for others, holidays, their wedding anniversary and a whole load of other things - they are both very busy and occasionally a beer or wine glass may appear. They also enjoy posting 'silly' pictures - which is their right. To turn that (despite huge evidence to the contrary) in to something almost libellous - well, let's just say the issue isn't with the Boorers.
Jesse continues to tweet (seldom using other social media) and the bulk of the posts are political. Namely: anti Trump posts, anti Sarah Saunders, pro Maxine Waters... et al (mainly retweets digging at Trump).
As for the warped notion that 2 band members going home after the tour straight away instead of heading to the studio therefore they must have left, well both of those people were on board for the cancelled dates. I'm not regurgitating the information here yet again, but there is more than enough information posted throughout the months here to generate better informed opinions than a lot of the painful 2+2 must equal 5 garbage I'm sadly having to witness recently.
FWD.

Last edited:
Gustavo 'hosted' the Moz statement about the French elections and after the response he got, became mute on social media - he made a tiny comment about it prior to deleting it (www.morrissey-solo.com/threads/morrissey-statement-on-french-election-posted-on-gustavos-facebook.140099/).
Matt has stuck to other band projects and family events.
Mando has done similar - mostly family time.
Boz & Lyn have posted many, many times about gigs, charity events, recording/mixing for others, holidays, their wedding anniversary and a whole load of other things - they are both very busy and occasionally a beer or wine glass may appear. They also enjoy posting 'silly' pictures - which is their right. To turn that (despite huge evidence to the contrary) in to something almost libellous - well, let's just say the issue isn't with the Boorers.
Jesse continues to tweet (seldom using other social media) and the bulk of the posts are political. Namely: anti Trump posts, anti Sarah Saunders, pro Maxine Waters... et al (mainly retweets digging at Trump).
As for the warped notion that 2 band members going home after the tour straight away instead of heading to the studio THEREFORE they MUST have left, well both of those people were on board for the cancelled dates. I'm not regurgitating the information here yet again, but there is more than enough information posted throughout the months here to generate better informed opinions than a lot of the painful 2+2 MUST equal 5 garbage I'm sadly having to witness recently.
FWD.
Ur no fun

100% CONFIRMED - the new Morrissey solo band line-up is:

Peter Katsis - lead guitar
Sam Esty Rayner - rhythm guitar
Damon Anacreonte - bass
John Riggers - drums
Anne Marie Waters - wobbleboard and interprative dance

Not at work, when people are paying me to do a job, no.
I remember about twenty years ago when I went through a stage of going to work hungover. That was in the days when we had adequate staffing and no real individual performance quotas...... how that's all changed. I feel sick just thinking about how I got through the day.

100% CONFIRMED - the new Morrissey solo band line-up is:

Peter Katsis - lead guitar
Sam Esty Rayner - rhythm guitar
Damon Anacreonte - bass
John Riggers - drums
Anne Marie Waters - wobbleboard and interprative dance

I heard a rumour that Katsis has left and Barry from Eastenders is on guitar duties.

I remember about twenty years ago when I went through a stage of going to work hungover. That was in the days when we had adequate staffing and no real individual performance quotas...... how that's all changed. I feel sick just thinking about how I got through the day.
I think we've all been there, firsty! But turning up for work actually pissed is a bit different.

I think we've all been there, firsty! But turning up for work actually pissed is a bit different.
Even better was a skill I developed for turning up for work sober yet finishing my shift pissed. That takes a certain amount of skill, panache and stupidity, all of which I possess in abundance :lbf:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom