Rumor: New Producer

Vauxhall95

I Know It's Over...
"LA radio station INDIE 103.1 DJ Joe Escalante mentioned on radio this morning that Jerry Finn is going to produce Morrissey's next album."

I found this on a post on the main page. Personally, I hope it is true. Finn resurrected Morrissey's career. Visconti nearly ended Morrissey's career. Strange timing with Kristeen's sacking. Perhaps there is more going on then we know about.

Wow... this is growing and growing... La media embarradita! (Sorry, don't know how to say it in English)... What a fuss!! maybe??

"LA radio station INDIE 103.1 DJ Joe Escalante mentioned on radio this morning that Jerry Finn is going to produce Morrissey's next album."

I found this on a post on the main page. Personally, I hope it is true. Finn resurrected Morrissey's career. Visconti nearly ended Morrissey's career. Strange timing with Kristeen's sacking. Perhaps there is more going on then we know about.

HALLE-f***IN'-LUJAH!

I got to use it twice in one day!

But how'd they know about it this morning?

More good news!! no more Young and no more Visconti!!
yeaiiii

Look, we all have our tastes and opinions. For me, and sales figues would back me up, YATQ outsold ROTT and brought our boy back from utter obscurity. Personally, apart from "I Like You" I thought the production was great. It was exactly the album Moz needed for that moment in time. The next album will sound differently. Visconti is a legend, but a legend past his prime...

No :( Please let it just be a rumour and nothing else.

I just feel Finn's production is chintzy and overthought - he seems too into the idea that Moz is From The 80's, with his synths.

I just feel Finn's production is chintzy and overthought - he seems too into the idea that Moz is From The 80's, with his synths.

I think the opposite, he left morrisseys voice alone more than visconti. Visconti was too much with the echo and reverb etc

Look, we all have our tastes and opinions. For me, and sales figues would back me up, YATQ outsold ROTT and brought our boy back from utter obscurity. Personally, apart from "I Like You" I thought the production was great. It was exactly the album Moz needed for that moment in time. The next album will sound differently. Visconti is a legend, but a legend past his prime...

I think the high sales figures were largely a result of the "Wow, it's Morrissey's first album in eons!" reaction, not due to the breathtaking production. Yes, the songs were great, but they were very much let down by the rock-lite production of Finn.

Coiff.

This is very true. There was definitely the feeling of "let's chuck everything in and hope something good comes out" with the production of YATQ. The songs were good, they didn't need that.

Coiff.

Shouldn't he have enough experience(and age) to produce his own albums? Like when the credits used to read track # produced by Morrissey/Marr or The Smiths? Maybe somebody was getting credit where credit wasn't due...

finn did a nice job with YATQ... i'd like to see him work with ross robinson.

I think the opposite, he left morrisseys voice alone more than visconti. Visconti was too much with the echo and reverb etc

I liked a lot of what Visconti did, but yeah, he is VERY enthusiastic with the effects. Finn treated Moz' voice well; I'm referring more to Finn's love of synths and oddly flat, tinny instrumentation.

Back
Top Bottom