Rumor: KROQ Almost Acoustic Christmas 2017 / Los Angeles Forum Cancelled

I have it on good authority that the Forum is off. First, I work there. Second, KROQ informed upper management of The Madison Square Garden Company (which I am a part of) - the owners of the Forum. Third, "Sad Girl" posted the show on their website and said they were "pleased as punch" to be playing Almost Acoustic X-Mas. Why is this main page worthy? Because many people on the thread are planning on traveling. Most hotels offer refunds if cancellation is done 24 hours in advance. I feel the fans have a right to know. Given the weather in So. Cal., I am concerned for the safety of the community. The show is 100% off

Reference to original post in the Boston cancellation thread by Anony:

I work at the Forum in Inglewood. KROQ has just informed us that MORRISSEY will not be headlining the second night of this event. The Killers will headline (as they have done in the past), all of the bands will move up in line, "Sad Girl" will be the first band of the night and doors will open at 4.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, it appears that Morrissey at this phase is incapable of completing even the most modest of tours. Does he know at the outset of the tour that 20-30% of the dates will not happen, or does he go in with the best of intentions? Hard to tell anymore.

Hey SuedeMoz, that's NOT fair. At all !! Give the guys a break will you. This is ridiculous AND you know it too.

No one intends to get ill nor to catch a bad cold/flu and it's even much more difficult when you are a singer and also more difficult when your immune system is affected too.

Keep The Faith !
Viva Morrisssey
Hazard
x

Hey SuedeMoz, that's NOT fair. At all !! Give the guys a break will you. This is ridiculous AND you know it too.

No one intends to get ill nor to catch a bad cold/flu and it's even much more difficult when you are a singer and also more difficult when your immune system is affected too.

Keep The Faith !
Viva Morrisssey
Hazard
x

You know who has an illness and what it is? How do you know this?

Not to worry - The Almost Relevant Acoustic Christmas will stagger forward, pumped full of synthetic corporate blood...Plenty of time for Moz to make it to Tel Aviv for Saturnalia

Email from KROQ yesterday 6:45PM:

SET TIMES
NIGHT 1 - SATURDAY

3:00pm - Terrace Opens
4:00pm - Venue Doors
4:00pm - KROQ's Jeremiah Red
5:00pm - Royal Blood
5:25pm - Judah & the Lion
5:50pm - Cold War Kids
6:20pm - Run The Jewels
6:50pm - Prophets of Rage
7:20pm - Rise Against
8:05pm - Queens of the Stone Age
8:50pm - Thirty Seconds to Mars
9:35pm - Muse

NIGHT 2 - SUNDAY

5:00pm - Vance Joy
5:25pm - X Ambassadors
5:50pm - Franz Ferdinand
6:20pm - Walk The Moon
6:50pm - Phoenix
7:25pm - Foster the People
8:00pm - The Lumineers
8:40pm - Weezer
9:20pm - The Killers
10:10pm - Morrissey

*Acts and times subject to change

Heading to the show? See venue restrictions and a virtual copy of the program below.

Guys Run the Jewels put on an AWESOME show. Why is Franz in the baby band time slot? Curious about QOTSA since Moz is a fan but too much life shit going on. Good to know, thanks beewee! NOTE: Last year the show ran like clockwork, i recall ordering my Uber home at 10:00 pm on the dot so show up early, there’s no breathing room for latebirds. Also if you’re Ubering walk over to Sizzler or the cemetery to save $20 on your fair they jack up the prices of you order from the Forum parking lot.
Email from KROQ yesterday 6:45PM:

SET TIMES
NIGHT 1 - SATURDAY

5:00pm - Royal Blood
5:25pm - Judah & the Lion
5:50pm - Cold War Kids
6:20pm - Run The Jewels
6:50pm - Prophets of Rage
7:20pm - Rise Against
8:05pm - Queens of the Stone Age
8:50pm - Thirty Seconds to Mars
9:35pm - Muse

NIGHT 2 - SUNDAY

5:00pm - Vance Joy
5:25pm - X Ambassadors
5:50pm - Franz Ferdinand
6:20pm - Walk The Moon
6:50pm - Phoenix
7:25pm - Foster the People
8:00pm - The Lumineers
8:40pm - Weezer
9:20pm - The Killers
10:10pm - Morrissey

*Acts and times subject to change

Heading to the show? See venue restrictions and a virtual copy of the program below.

Aunt Nancy is on her tweeter. I hope Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy are ok. I have heard the same that Steve is closing. He'll do it for his Moz Angeles family. Such a beautiful house...:sleepy: Pray for Uncle Steve and Aunt Nancy

BN-WL280_fires1_M_20171205114842.jpg

The concert is posted on his Facebook page now. He wouldn't do that if he cancelled. It's on! Pack your bags folks.

I wouldn't count on it! This is Morrissey we're talking about here! He can pull out 5mn prior! besides if some staff working at venues and various stations tell you it's off, it's probably true. Save your time and money and wait until they reschedule!

I wouldn't count on it! This is Morrissey we're talking about here! He can pull out 5mn prior! besides if some staff working at venues and various stations tell you it's off, it's probably true. Save your time and money and wait until they reschedule!
I was thinking about flying in though! It's a sure thing! HAIL STEVE

"*Acts and times subject to change"

FFS. It's off. I'm telling you it is off. Morrissey is in Tel Aviv!

I can't tell if this is a serious reply or not ... tour cancellations are a systematic problem. Considering it happens every tour, at this point Morrissey must be going into it knowing that he's not going to do all scheduled dates.

<sarcasm>Maybe he can start assigning a probability score to each show? So fans can see that their local show has a probability score of 40 (out of 95% - can't predict the future 100% accurately) - so don't bother getting tickets, making plans, etc. I know people on here say that a Morrissey show is a gamble at this point - but maybe he could help us out by quantifying how much of a gamble it is.</sarcasm>

Last edited:
I can't tell if this is a serious reply or not ... tour cancellations are a systematic problem. Considering it happens every tour, at this point Morrissey must be going into it knowing that he's not going to do all scheduled dates.

<sarcasm>Maybe he can start assigning a probability score to each show? So fans can see that their local show has a probability score of 40 (out of 95% - can't predict the future 100% accurately) - so don't bother getting tickets, making plans, etc. I know people on here say that a Morrissey show is a gamble at this point - but maybe he could help us out by quantifying HOW much of a gamble it is.</sarcasm>

Generally the shows towards the end of a tour are most likely to run into problems. However, no show is a sure bet. Things were going great this tour until those darn broken heaters! And I remember when the first couple shows of a tour were cancelled 4-5 years back b/c "Boz was having visa renewal problems."

With the possible exception of Gustavo and his kidney stones last year (in my opinion and many others, they should have just carried on without the keyboards and other extraneous instruments), I'm willing to bet my life the person who is "ill" 98% of the time is Morrissey himself. Like I said on another thread the other day, Boz once played a bunch of shows with a broken arm and a surgical mask over his face so not to spread his flu. Which he did, and that tour crashed and burned a week or so later.

My point is, there is enough DayQuil, Pepto, and Advil for the band members to get through a 90 minute show in all but the most extreme cases of illness. Can you imagine Mando saying "Hey Moz, lets cancel tonight. I've got a scratchy throat"? Hell no.

Last edited:
20171208_222205.png

It would seem a little odd to travel West for something 'definitely' cancelled wouldn't it!?
Regards,
FWD.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom