RSD 2022: Sandie Shaw - Hand In Glove coloured vinyl 12" announced (February 16, 2022)

Sandy_Shaw_-_Hand~2.jpg

Listed on Rough Trade @ £23.99.
Coloured vinyl - TBC.

Blurb:
"Originally released in 1984 and unavailable for almost 40 years, this was a collaboration between one of the most successful (UK) female stars of the ‘60s and indie darlings the Smiths, who were big fans. It features three Morrissey/Marr originals on which Sandie is backed by messrs Marr, Rourke and Joyce. Never previously available on coloured vinyl."

(link courtesy of @Uncleskinny)

Rough Trade appear to have forgotten the German marbled vinyl release!?
The release should have:
1. Hand In Glove
2. I Don't Owe You Anything
3. Jeane
On it if a straight reissue.
Regards,
FWD.

Full RSD list:

I finally got this on 12” off eBay, around 2005-06 for a fiver. It’s also on her 1988 album ‘Hello Angel’, albeit with a slightly different ending. I have that on cd somewhere.

Do people even play these exhorbitantly priced bits of vinyl? I'm guessing they mostly just get filed away in people's collections and rarely see the light of day a week after purchase.

what a joke, f*** this, rather spend the gbp on a og copy

Now, that I've seen the TOTP performance of Johnny, Andy and Mike again, I have to say, that Sandie was really hot. She's almost a head taller than the guys, mature, graceful, slim and generally extremely attractive. The true English Rose. I do like the new "Hand in glove" version musically very much.

Now, that I've seen the TOTP

performance of Johnny, Andy and Mike again, I have to say, that Sandie was really hot. She's almost a head taller than the guys,

It’s because she’s in heels and the other two barefoot. I’m sure you know the story behind that.

mature, graceful, slim and generally extremely attractive. The true English Rose.
If she is the ‘true English Rose’, then who is the false one?
I do like the new "Hand in glove" version musically very much.
🤨

It’s because she’s in heels and
It’s because she’s in heels and the other two barefoot. I’m sure you know the story behind that.
If she is the ‘true English Rose’, then who is the false one?
🤨
Yes, I know the background. Nevertheless, Sandie is certainly not a small woman. English rose always sounds good to me, as does this version of "Hand in glove" without Morrissey. And please, don't question every sentence, even if you see yourself as a psychotherapist of this forum.

Idea -
M puts a limited edition double 7" with Bonfire songs on

Fans get to hear songs
M gets to say "look it went number one" or whatever

Is it just me, or is anyone else getting fed up with RSD becoming more and more an excuse for record companies to re-release old records on colour vinyl. Then charging a fortune for them which involves minimum effort on their part and the fans aren't getting anything new. I actually have a soft spot for coloured vinyl, but this just feels like money grabbing. I shall no doubt have to have a copy of this because I am a sad collector of all things Smiths/Morrissey related but I certainly won't treasure it.

Rough Trade are now listing the record as red vinyl and due for the June drop date (as per several others).
Regards,
FWD.

One of my relatives (not Dagenham Dave!) was at the Ford Motor company in Essex when Sandie sang in the works canteen, barefoot up on a table. Puppet on a String, probably. He wasn't impressed by her voice.
Nonsense Sandie had left Ford's long before Puppet On A String and she never returned there!

Nonsense Sandie had left Ford's long before Puppet On A String and she never returned there!
Great. Got any up-to-date gossip for us? What's her reaction to this RSD release, for example, and is she still friends with any persons of interest to Morrissey fans?

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom