Royal Oak, MI - Music Theatre (Dec. 18, 2011) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in. Beware of anonymous set list trolls!

Set List:

I Want The One I Can't Have / First Of The Gang To Die / When Last I Spoke To Carol / You're The One For Me, Fatty / There Is A Light That Never Goes Out / Black Cloud / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Satellite Of Love / People Are The Same Everywhere / Maladjusted / You Have Killed Me / Speedway / All The Lazy Dykes / Meat Is Murder / Ouija Board, Ouija Board / Scandinavia / I Know It's Over / One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell // Still Ill

set list provided by an anonymous person

Last edited:
Yes, I'm a bit baffled by the Boz bashing. Wasn't he just sticking up for fans?

P.

We're talking about the nice guy who managed to leave his visa in El Segundo or wherever and left some people with a non-refundable loss of 800 dollars? Sticking up? As in sticking it up the arse you must mean? Looks like some fans enjoy that indeed...
(Note that I expect he's writing a cheque for the poor folks as we speak. My work is done then. Merry Christmas.)

I'm sorry. When you kick, you face your opponent. Even an egg can grow balls. End of. (Oh and yolks= yuck.)

Besides, Boz Boorer was created so we could have someone to bash. Well let's be serious, what other purpose can he possibly serve? ...And it's a change from Jesse, isn't it? So? Complaints, complaints, complaints. Appreciate! ;-)

How about signing in so we can put a name to these stabbing slices of wit?

Jerk.

It was important for you to add "jerk", wasn't it? It made you feel worthy and better. Something tells me it'll give you an mental erection later and you'll cream in your frontal lobe.

Why did Morrissey even waste his time in "abondoned Michigan"?? They don't deserve Morrissey.

I always enjoy seeing Morrissey! But the Royal Oak Music Theater sucks!! Really bad acoustics, way overpriced drinks, and unprofessional staff. Morrissey called them out on it and I say good for him! I’d like to suggest the manager picks a venue with a much better reputation in Detroit for Morrissey’s next visit. Fillmore or St Andrews would be a much better selection.

How about signing in so we can put a name to these stabbing slices of wit?

Jerk.

Lol. Don't worry Boorer already "knows what I did" .

There's no real need to insult me Sir. I haven't seen you policing these boards in a while, and there's been all kinds of loons all over the place, so it's funny you should pick on me of all people when I'm only passing by, but hey. Eso es la vida. Besides, I thought a mod could see everything, including where anonymous comments are from, obviously not then. Ah well. So you're sticking up for gentlemanly Boorer as if it was you I'd dissed, well, isn't he a lucky chap.
Nothing ever changes around here, does it?

No hard feelings, nor for you Geezo. But this place is already dead, no need to kill anyone. Sing with me:

"Le f*** Morrissey-solo, were the only words that I knew for suuuuure, Le f*** Morrissey-solo, were the only words I knew you'd adoooore!"

http://www.rnib.org.uk/livingwithsightloss/livinglearning/sunshineschool/Pages/sunshine_school.aspx

Now, gottago, I've got a long way to go to make to the border of Mexico and escape from EL BOOBOO! Oh no I smell...Something...Breakfasty! Although that could just be El B. farting again to SPITE ME!

I'm from Michigan and suburbs of Detroit, and also happen to be the most observant person in the world. From this I can deduce:

1) Royal Oak is a lost cause. It used to be a hip place maybe over ten years ago or so (more like 20), but the lamest of people hang out there now. Conservatives and people who have no clue about anything; their only routine in life is to go out drinking cheap bear. STAY AWAY!!! Ann Arbor or midtown Detroit would have been better.

2) As far as people putting down 'abandoned Michigan'. I can tell you right now that Detroit will be the next Portland, just more gritty and with even less corporate and mainstream influence. It's already the place for starving artists to go. Midtown is constantly offering more and more. As more and more young American are realizing they need to find a new American society; Detroit will be at the forefront, and practically free from the corporate, greedy, yuppie-disease that plagues cities everywhere.

Long-live Detroit, just avoid the suburbs, they're horrible!!

I wish someone from Morrissey's camp reads this and understands not to do Royal Oak anymore.

Lol. Don't worry Boorer already "knows what I did" .

There's no real need to insult me Sir. I haven't seen you policing these boards in a while, and there's been all kinds of loons all over the place, so it's funny you should pick on me of all people when I'm only passing by, but hey. Eso es la vida. Besides, I thought a mod could see everything, including where anonymous comments are from, obviously not then. Ah well. So you're sticking up for gentlemanly Boorer as if it was you I'd dissed, well, isn't he a lucky chap.
Nothing ever changes around here, does it?

No hard feelings, nor for you Geezo. But this place is already dead, no need to kill anyone. Sing with me:

"Le f*** Morrissey-solo, were the only words that I knew for suuuuure, Le f*** Morrissey-solo, were the only words I knew you'd adoooore!"

http://www.rnib.org.uk/livingwithsightloss/livinglearning/sunshineschool/Pages/sunshine_school.aspx

Now, gottago, I've got a long way to go to make to the border of Mexico and escape from EL BOOBOO! Oh no I smell...Something...Breakfasty! Although that could just be El B. farting again to SPITE ME!
Good riddance wanker. And that's an ENGLISH word.

P.

PS/ I can't really identify myself, but as a clue just know I've been called "idiota" on this forum by someone Morrissey shakes hands with, so I've kind of seen it all ...As a hobby I also like practising getting this line right

" Come come Mr Skinny, you derive just as much pleasure from bashing El Boo Boo as we do!"

(Okay maybe not then.)

Oh and I think at least 2 songs by KY are smashing. But I think BB blows, and not only in the trumpet...
I know. Doesn't make sense, they're so alike, fashionwise.

I'm from Michigan and suburbs of Detroit, and also happen to be the most observant person in the world. From this I can deduce:

1) Royal Oak is a lost cause. It used to be a hip place maybe over ten years ago or so (more like 20), but the lamest of people hang out there now. Conservatives and people who have no clue about anything; their only routine in life is to go out drinking cheap bear. STAY AWAY!!! Ann Arbor or midtown Detroit would have been better.

2) As far as people putting down 'abandoned Michigan'. I can tell you right now that Detroit will be the next Portland, just more gritty and with even less corporate and mainstream influence. It's already the place for starving artists to go. Midtown is constantly offering more and more. As more and more young American are realizing they need to find a new American society; Detroit will be at the forefront, and practically free from the corporate, greedy, yuppie-disease that plagues cities everywhere.

Long-live Detroit, just avoid the suburbs, they're horrible!!

I wish someone from Morrissey's camp reads this and understands not to do Royal Oak anymore.

It's a shame the poor hip people of Ann Arbor or midtown Detroit couldn't figure out how to find their way to Royal Oak for the show.

Just ignore his laddish behaviour. He can't write a great song anyway - only strum to fill his pockets for pies.

Yup, Boz would be proud of you.

The rest of us can exude more than crassness and thuggery.

Soooo, the mere act of posting to Solo has relegated me to the status of a "Morrissey Undesirable" yet if I defend the band then I am a thug? I basically can't win. Allow me to extend my thugishness to you, Mr. Anonymous, and ask that you go suck a dick. Might I suggest your own as you have no spine and it'll be easy to reach your tiny little stupid cock, you dumb f***.

As for you, if I were to take a guess as to who you are, I'd say you are the poster Barking. You write write like them. Am I right? Do I get a hundred non-sensical witty diversions peppered with your dismissal of all things Morrissey as a prize?

Well, this just warms my hackles. It wouldn't be a proper morrissey discussion without everyone calling everyone else names.
In morrissey's world, we're all better than each other.

The concert was great.
The people were great.
The concert sucked.
The people sucked.
It's all the same...always, always, always.

As for you, if I were to take a guess as to who you are, I'd say you are the poster Barking. You write write like them. Am I right? Do I get a hundred non-sensical witty diversions peppered with your dismissal of all things Morrissey as a prize?

Shut up you corn on the cob (knob).

Shut up you corn on the cob (knob).

Corn on the cob is a very nutritious starch. I guess assholes perform an important function too, so we're both winning.

Is it possible that anyone out there in Morrissey-solo land can stop calling each other names long enough to answer the following query?
Who/what was that picture was that was sometimes used as a backdrop (and on the drum)? I'm dying to know...
Also, I'd LOVE a list of those videos that were shown pre-concert. I know a few (the NY Dolls, Sparks, Bridget Bardot) but what were the others?
Much obliged to anyone who can help.

No. Call me "el Perrrrrrito" No te diviertes con puppy! ADIOS!
(El Fotoshopo freado es terrifico, me gusto muchissimo btw.)

As a bye bye song, a tribute to the most glorious songwriting partnership evah. Morrissey/Boz Boorer. Hold back the tears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQC_E4BtrYg

Thanks Augs. :flowers: Oh, and you spelled kitten in a tortilla wrong. Get ye back to Hogwarts.

Last edited:
I was a Morrissey first timer and was NOT disappointed. "First of the Gang" is one of my all time favorite songs and seeing/hearing it live is now one of my all time favorite live music moments.
Too bad the night ended on a sour note. After the third attempted stage invasion Moze remarked, "Nice security Royal Oak. Goodbye." and that was the end of the show.
Can anyone please tell me WHAT was up with that picture of the dude kneeling in front of the naked girl that was used as a backdrop?
Also, if you know the videos that played before the show, please post. VERY cool idea. I knew several, and found several more on line but still don't know them all.
Thanks.

Try here - http://allyouneedismorrissey.com/topic/4588483/2/ . If this triggers any more memories or you definitely don't think some in the list were shown, let us know. :guitar:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom