Royal Albert Hall show cancelled 11/05/09

Re: Royal Albert Hall show cancelled tonight

If all the idiots on this thread that have been knocking Mogs did as they said and stopped following him, at least the overall quality of the fanbase would improve. Of course they won't - it's much more rewarding to have a dig innit? Yes, Moz cancels untold gigs and it's a pain - but it's the price of admission and you just have to live with it. I'd sooner have a chance at seeing him than a definite date with any other singer or band, no matter how far I travelled - that's how much he means to me, if you don't feel the same I suggest you try buggering off and stop whining. Or maybe go see Bruce Springsteen instead - it'll be the dullest experience of your life but hey, at least he'll turn up. Born To Run - wooh! I know it's a pain when you've got travel/hotels paid for but, unless you got into Morrissey thirty seconds ago, it's hardly a big surprise is it? Just deal with it. I quote this goon above me for not only his illiterate insight into the situation but also his casual homophobia. Twat.
insight lol ive been out scince i was 16 and i dj at gay pride and bear pride! lmao! if u cant handle the fact iam out spoken and say what i feel on a FORUM! u must be the goon! At least iam out and not a walking closit like some?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iam as butch as they come so dont get personal with me on a forum name calling! as u wouldnt say that shit to my face! so run off and play little boy!
Homophobic :lbf::crazy: i cant wait to tell people that,and the reason i was called that because i said morrissey is a old queen lol :D:thumb:

insight lol ive been out scince i was 16 and i dj at gay pride and bear pride! lmao! if u cant handle the fact iam out spoken and say what i feel on a FORUM! u must be the goon! At least iam out and not a walking closit like some?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! iam as butch as they come so dont get personal with me on a forum name calling! as u wouldnt say that shit to my face! so run off and play little boy!
Homophobic :lbf::crazy: i cant wait to tell people that,and the reason i was called that because i said morrissey is a old queen lol :D:thumb:

Christ. We've got illiterate fans now. :rolleyes: Never thought I'd see the day.

Moz has always cancelled, he has a long history of it, so age doesn't come into it. The idea that musicians are generally well toned athletes is laughable, have people here actually been to see many bands? Most of them couldn't run for a bus :> But they don't cancel gigs, because that's the only work they do.

Moz is flakey, that's well established and probably related to his depression, just accept it! I am really annoyed that he cancelled, it cost me money for hotels, but it isn't as if he is doing it to offend me :>

Wrong.
I quote myself which I posted Oakland show cancelled thread:

Cancelled dates

16 May Glasgow (reschdulled 28 July)
18 June Austin, TX (venue decided cancel the gig)
22 June Nashville, TN
30 June Pittsburgh, PA
01 Nov UCLA, CA (riot halted the gig)

27 June Glastonbury Festival
09 Aug London, Madstock
24 Nov NY (fire department forced to halt the gig)

23 Nov Belfast

Outsider tour
24 Nov Dublin
26 Nov Exeter
27 Nov Cardiff
29 Nov Aberdeen
30 Nov Glasgow
03 Dec Sheffield
04 Dec Sheffield
05 Dec Belfast
06 Dec Manchester
07 Dec New Castle
08 Dec Manchester
13 Dec Birmingham
(some European dates as well, unable to find details)

29 July Minneapolis, MN

07 Oct Las Vegas, NV (due to Alain's back injury)
18 Oct Dresden, Germany (venue wasn't safe enough)

17 Feb Pittsburgh, PA (reason not stated)

01 Aug Fuji Rock Festival, Japan

11 June Isle of Wight Festival

26 June Boston, MA (halted due to ill)
27 June Northampton, MA
29 June Philadelphia, PA (reschedulled 23 July)
30 June NY Madison Square Garden
03 July Baltimore, MD
05 July Atlantic City, NJ
06 July Holmdel, NJ
02 Oct Los Angels, CA (due to bust pipe of the building)
04 Oct Los Angels, CA
08 Nov Miami, FL

25-27 Jan London Roundhouse

28 Feb Boca Raton, FL
01 Mar Orlandoo, FL
03 Mar Jacksonsville, FL
04 Mar St Petersburg, FL
07 Mar Atlanta, GA
09 Mar Ashville, NC
18 Apr Oakland, CA
11 May London RAH
13 May Birmingham Symphony Hall

Considering his 21 year solo career, cancellation is relatively recent.

Wrong.
I quote myself which I posted Oakland show cancelled thread:

Considering his 21 year solo career, cancellation is relatively recent.

how so? if you split that up in half

from 91-97 he cancelled 22

from 99-2009, he cancelled 25

thats almost an even number from the first half of his career to the second half

The lack of concern for the fans at the Roundhouse was shocking.It's the not giving a toss that bugs me.

I was just telling my mum about it on the phone and said Moz had a sore throat. She said, 'would you even notice the difference?' Meow!

If all the idiots on this thread that have been knocking Mogs did as they said and stopped following him, at least the overall quality of the fanbase would improve. Of course they won't - it's much more rewarding to have a dig innit? Yes, Moz cancels untold gigs and it's a pain - but it's the price of admission and you just have to live with it. I'd sooner have a chance at seeing him than a definite date with any other singer or band, no matter how far I travelled - that's how much he means to me, if you don't feel the same I suggest you try buggering off and stop whining. Or maybe go see Bruce Springsteen instead - it'll be the dullest experience of your life but hey, at least he'll turn up. Born To Run - wooh! I know it's a pain when you've got travel/hotels paid for but, unless you got into Morrissey thirty seconds ago, it's hardly a big surprise is it? Just deal with it. I quote this goon above me for not only his illiterate insight into the situation but also his casual homophobia. Twat.

Exactly! Just like the clean-up of Charlton fans recently. All it took was two successive relegations to get rid of all the Johnny-come-twats. Come on you reds!

The lack of concern for the fans at the Roundhouse was shocking.It's the not giving a toss that bugs me.

:clap: i agree. the other thing that bugs me is if you say you're pissed off with Morrissey's attitude they ask you "you're not a fan? don't post here then, blah blah blah" well, I'm a fan and that's why I'm pissed off with him.

:clap: i agree. the other thing that bugs me is if you say you're pissed off with Morrissey's attitude they ask you "you're not a fan? don't post here then, blah blah blah" well, I'm a fan and that's why I'm pissed off with him.

:thumb: Same here, been getting a lot of shit for expressing my frustration, but you know...There's a thin line between fan and sheep...right, Kewpie?

how so? if you split that up in half

from 91-97 he cancelled 22
from 99-2009, he cancelled 25
thats almost an even number from the first half of his career to the second half

great analysis dude - that showed 'em!

Wow, I am seeing some kind of good omen about to happen, 13 is my lucky number and 13 is the number of shows that I have had tickets for and he has cancelled over the years. Maybe just maybe I will get a ticket for face value on the 22nd (hearing the sound of the bubble bursting as I type), or on a more realistic note the troxy gig is going to be the gig of the ever decreasing tour.

or on a more realistic note the troxy gig is going to be the gig of the ever decreasing tour.

It always was going to be - Moz comes to the heart of the East End (offically the greatest place on earth) - everybody knows, everbody says so!!

I think I know what your saying it is a grand venue and not somewhere you would cancels unless you really did need too.

He must be feeling really bad about cancelling the Albert Hall , being such a magnificent venue, very charming and fascinating in all its ways. But , after all, if he is ill he is ill there is nothing we can do. We all get ill , catch a cold or a normal flu....we are all human beings and cannot blame him for doing on purpose or what some other reasons. He can be very moody , we all know but to go ahead and cancel a concert at The Royal Albert Hall it takes a long way.....
Cheers Moz

I think I know what your saying it is a grand venue and not somewhere you would cancels unless you really did need too.

Its grand but not prestige, I booked it for my sweet 16 ;) - I don't think anyone is doubting he is ill and had to cancel, people are just frustrated that it could be largely self inflicted because he is playing too many dates, and then not issuing a personal apology.

It always was going to be - Moz comes to the heart of the East End (offically the greatest place on earth) - everybody knows, everbody says so!!

True! Seen him before at the RAH and Brixton before, so I wasn't really bothered with those dates but I think Troxy is gonna be something else, I got a feeling is gonna top the last Palladium night (my favourite Morrissey concert). Beforehand I'm gonna have a few pints at The Ten Bells and can't wait for him to play Jack the Ripper.

Back
Top Bottom