Royal Albert Hall show cancelled 11/05/09

Re: Royal Albert Hall show cancelled tonight

I'm so down from this, but hey, at least we didn't have to see him pull out 20 minutes into his set if the gig was still on. Still, this may not get rescheduled/get rescheduled to a bad day.

That's what I was thinking, I'd prefer a rescheduled date over a bad set. I actually went down to RAH, but it was only a 40 minute tube ride so not that bad compared to people who had booked hotels, train tickets etc.

Another thing, once people have stopped foaming at the mouths, the news reports clearly state he's been advised, nay, told by his doctors not to perform and has been ordered to rest.

That's a bit different from cancelling on a whim "cos he's a bit ill".
I'm pretty sure he personally wants to go ahead with the gig and would do so but if he's being medically advised to give it a miss then it makes sense to cancel/reschedule. He could easily damage his voice/vocal chords if went ahead and, worst case scenario, miss the rest of his tour - including Birthday gig, Brixton, etc., letting down a whole lot more fans.

However, I sympathise wholeheartedly with people who spent a lot more money, my inconvenience pales in comparison. I wish I'd checked here before I left though.

Could the nme & the bbc have chosen more ugly photos of Moz to illustrate their stories if they'd tried? (I suspect not)

Agreed, I hate it when they do that, for whatever artist.

What is it with him and london! i was gutted about the round house and i can understand how others in london feel today! rough trade in london gave birth to his carrer he needs to show the south some respect! but like most people use london then f*** off! and to ware a west ham t shirt lol he doest have a clue what being a true born east londoner is! like most things its a image to buy into. Its got boring like the new music he will always have a place in my life but give it up morrissey it becomes sad!

I'm not going to defend Moz but I hardly think he's got it in for London (or that he's got London to thank for his career - but that's a separate issue...) If you look at cancelled gigs over x number of years I think you'll find the misery has been pretty well spread around! The Roundhouse residency was Moz choosing to do a string of gigs in London and not touring most of the country so I, and lots of people from all over the UK and abroad, had to travel to London if we wanted the *chance* of seeing him. We all travelled long distances, paid a fortune on planes, trains and hotels for him to cancel. While Londoners could maximise their chances of seeing him by buying a ticket for a show early in the week plus a weekend one (in case he had a few days of illness), those of us who couldn't afford a whole week of hotels in London, had to take our chances and if we went for the weekend shows, we missed out. Moz then did *another* gig for Londoners at Hyde Park (?) a few months later - but a lot of other fans, particularly those who had had to fly to the UK for cancelled gigs, couldn't afford another trip to London.

That's what I was thinking, I'd prefer a rescheduled date over a bad set....

Me too, but I know I'd have preferred to be at the Roundhouse on the Friday night, than have tickets for the Saturday. I'm still gutted about tonight. I really hope it IS rescheduled but I know I shouldn't be getting my hopes up. I just hope they don't drag out telling us...

...A short (but possibly true) story , to lighten things up a bit.........
Amy Winehouse bumps into Pete Docherty in a bar.........
where Joolio O' Hollande is playing a peanner....
Amy says to pete "Isn't that Boy George with Peter Andre over there?"
Meanwhile, Jordan weeps into her botoxed bottom lids in despair...

Johnathan Woss shweaks "..He fwucked your Gwanddaughtaa!!"
As the mighty (talentless, but still foppish-yet strangely wildean)Russel waves his stinking Dinkle.......
and Bazhhhoooom!!! Charles Hawtrey appears...
And the bar man says "Oi, gerrahtt....we don't serve spirits"
And in the corner, chuckling into his hand, the last of the famous international playboys says "Here, Biggsy, my round....."
Meanwhile,Reggie and Ronnie "Collar" Moz in the gents......
"Here, Manc....Mah mum had a ticket for the Royal albert Fookin Hall tonight....you feckin nonce"......
Mozz raises a quizzical eyebrow ( with his doctors permission), and Danny Dyer somehow saves the day.......

I'm not going to defend Moz but I hardly think he's got it in for London (or that he's got London to thank for his career - but that's a separate issue...) If you look at cancelled gigs over x number of years I think you'll find the misery has been pretty well spread around! The Roundhouse residency was Moz choosing to do a string of gigs in London and not touring most of the country so I, and lots of people from all over the UK and abroad, had to travel to London if we wanted the *chance* of seeing him. We all travelled long distances, paid a fortune on planes, trains and hotels for him to cancel. While Londoners could maximise their chances of seeing him by buying a ticket for a show early in the week plus a weekend one (in case he had a few days of illness), those of us who couldn't afford a whole week of hotels in London, had to take our chances and if we went for the weekend shows, we missed out. Moz then did *another* gig for Londoners at Hyde Park (?) a few months later - but a lot of other fans, particularly those who had had to fly to the UK for cancelled gigs, couldn't afford another trip to London.
I personaly wont travel that far to see someone unless family of a true friend! I did hyde park as i got tickets for free being with o2 phone at the time! but all these cancelled dates in such little time!
I never had tickets for non of this tour (i feel for the u.s people to) so why does it bother me? because hes got us eating out of his hand! he should down scale the tour and look after his fans! and stop the gay queenie strops!
some people on hear have got a lot right in what they say! but some are just zombie sheep! The more he cancels the more tickets u buy dont make u the biggest fan!
Being a underground club dj i prefure the club scene to gigs,as i support a whole scene not just one artist! so back to being a bedroom fan for me,i will enjoy yarmouth if he turns up,but good bye will be fair well for me and free torrent down loads from now on to!
"some fans are bigger than others":thumb:

I have already post this link but read the post of the april 28:

http://www.npr.org/blogs/monitormix/

The Aerosmith's fans sued the band because a show was cancelled....no trial happened but a new show was rescheduled :D

I'm still gutted almost 24 hours later.....I must start acting my age soon.

he's a total loser now - couldnt care less about his fans & probably never really has.

lazy releases are the sign of someone going through the motions to earn easy money - this time we havent fallen for it....poor chart showing or real world ?

he'll not get through those london gigs & as for manchester.......

....and for those reasons i'm out !!:mad:

he's a total loser now - couldnt care less about his fans & probably never really has.

lazy releases are the sign of someone going through the motions to earn easy money - this time we havent fallen for it....poor chart showing or real world ?

Is that you, Peter Jones? :lbf:

I was going to the gig in Brum tomorrow, which is now cancelled.

My first ever cancelled Moz gig! I was beginning to feel left out. Consider my cancelled-Moz-gig-cherry well and truly popped.

I'm disappointed, but I hope he feels better soon, poor bloke.

(excuse me if I don't join in with the Moz-bashing).

You know him that well? Really? How do you know he doesn't already do regular weight training? The one who had to shift all that heavy weight training gear of Morrissey's will be overjoyed that all the exertion and bother was for nought. I dunno about the Moz as far as cardio, but you seem to know so much about these things. So do tell about Mozzer's current exercise regime and how he can improve.

While you're at it, how about a rundown of his current diet and how he can improve that as well. I trust you won't say that he needs to ingest dead animals to be more robust. That's also not to say that there aren't vegetarians who have crap diets that make vegetarianism look unsound.

I don't know why you are being so snarky about it. I only made the remark about him rolling his eyes at my remarks based strictly on past things Morrissey himself has said in interviews claiming he didn't/doesn't exercise. If he does exercise, good for him. I think all of us would like him to be healthy and happy. It is what I would wish for everyone.

I would never tell anyone what to eat or how to eat, let alone tell them whether they should be vegetarian or not. I have no idea of what Morrissey's diet is like (although I have seen many others post things about what his supposed diet has been like in the past), and I don't really care about what he eats. It is his business.

My only involvement in this conversation came up when people started to compare Morrissey's touring with other performers such as Dylan and Springsteen, tour length demands and how illness may relate. I never intended to make it a pick on Morrissey fest, which you clearly think I am doing.

I do think that the tone of your post was unwarranted and seems overly sensitive.

Yep! he knows fans will buy all the diffrent formats and versions as fans collect,i was coming close to doing the same thing but i dont want to buy the same song 3 times with a shity b sides,but thats the only way he sell records! and only hardcore fans will buy all 3 formats.
He cancelled a show then was seen at a kirsty young(or what ever her name is) show,so how do fans supposed to believe hes really ill and not pulling a Queen strop that is more likely for morrissey!
This is not morrissey bashing this is about time that people wised up a bit !and make him respect his fans!
As i said before hes a product of the 80s he set his way of doing things back then(like all 80s statment making front men) so if he changes now fans will then think he sold out or was a fake.
Moz put your glasses and deaf aid back on then u might see and hear what people really want from u.
From a camp mystery to a crumpy old queen! The Queen is dead!:thumb:

Yep! he knows fans will buy all the diffrent formats and versions as fans collect,i was coming close to doing the same thing but i dont want to buy the same song 3 times with a shity b sides,but thats the only way he sell records! and only hardcore fans will buy all 3 formats.
He cancelled a show then was seen at a kirsty young(or what ever her name is) show,so how do fans supposed to believe hes really ill and not pulling a Queen strop that is more likely for morrissey!
This is not morrissey bashing this is about time that people wised up a bit !and make him respect his fans!
As i said before hes a product of the 80s he set his way of doing things back then(like all 80s statment making front men) so if he changes now fans will then think he sold out or was a fake.
Moz put your glasses and deaf aid back on then u might see and hear what people really want from u.
From a camp mystery to a crumpy old queen! The Queen is dead!:thumb:

If all the idiots on this thread that have been knocking Mogs did as they said and stopped following him, at least the overall quality of the fanbase would improve. Of course they won't - it's much more rewarding to have a dig innit? Yes, Moz cancels untold gigs and it's a pain - but it's the price of admission and you just have to live with it. I'd sooner have a chance at seeing him than a definite date with any other singer or band, no matter how far I travelled - that's how much he means to me, if you don't feel the same I suggest you try buggering off and stop whining. Or maybe go see Bruce Springsteen instead - it'll be the dullest experience of your life but hey, at least he'll turn up. Born To Run - wooh! I know it's a pain when you've got travel/hotels paid for but, unless you got into Morrissey thirty seconds ago, it's hardly a big surprise is it? Just deal with it. I quote this goon above me for not only his illiterate insight into the situation but also his casual homophobia. Twat.

Moz has always cancelled, he has a long history of it, so age doesn't come into it. The idea that musicians are generally well toned athletes is laughable, have people here actually been to see many bands? Most of them couldn't run for a bus :> But they don't cancel gigs, because that's the only work they do.

Moz is flakey, that's well established and probably related to his depression, just accept it! I am really annoyed that he cancelled, it cost me money for hotels, but it isn't as if he is doing it to offend me :>

Back
Top Bottom