Royal Albert Hall show cancelled 11/05/09

Re: Royal Albert Hall show cancelled tonight

how many smiley faces are on their way to rah, without a clue?!
there must be so many people traveling down to london...

I smiled at a lady who was wearing a Morrissey T-shirt on The Cut, no doubt whiling away the hours until 18:45, about an hour ago. Boy is she going to be fed-up.

Got a text from a Belgian friend at 10.30 this morning saying she'd got to the RAH only to see the notice. She was meeting friends from Italy!

Ouch :tears:

What a f***ing bloke he is..... i've NEVER heard of ANY artist who cancels as much as him...

... it's not good enough, all he's doing is belting out a few songs ffs :crazy:

This is truly getting beyond a joke, he seems very comfortable in cancelling shows at the drop of hat much to the expense of adoring fans!! It seems the 1st sign of a sniffle he decides to pull out. It wouldn't take much for him to issue a statement to the fans, instead of leaving it to event organisers, or has his illness rendered him incapable of speaking for himself?

Since the end of the Ringleader tour, its been a downward spiral - at this moment in time, it looks like one big money making exercise, churning mediocre songs with lifeless and lazy bsides. Fair enough, if he's ill, he's ill but at his age and surely aware of his "sensitive" immune system, why must he insist of playing these HUGE tours?!!

I'm very doubtful about this getting rescheduled, although theres a small gap between Cambridge and Hull, so I shall remain optimistic.

Very sad times, but how much longer can he expect fans to take this nonsense?!!

I feel like waiting out front RAH and dishing out hugs, just thinking of all the different scenario's.

Birthday gift's, ebay tickets, european fans..... The list goes on.

Do you think he cares?

:(

Are the hot-dog sellers allowed to work around RAH even though there's no concert tonight?!

I feel like waiting out front RAH and dishing out hugs, just thinking of all the different scenario's.

Do you think he cares?

Have you checked his latest b-sides and promos? That should answer your question.

Do you think he cares?

Well, when he walked off the stage without a wave or an encore at the Gateshead Sage in 2006 'cos the PA was a bit dodgy - he didnt seem to care.. I spoke to some fans who'd travelled from Sweden to be there that night.. it was a f*cking disgrace.
He's gone right down in the estimation of a lot of people.

DollandTheKicks Royal Albert Hall gig cancelled tonight. Get well soon Morrissey you've been fantastic so far! xxxxxxx about 3 hours ago from web

Where has it all gone wrong? Will he really retire sulking at chart positions?

If he does I want the last 15 years back!

They said to hold on to the Roundhouse tickets as they would be valid for the new date, I'm still waiting and this purple band round my wrist is getting itchy.

Haha! Hmm, I didn't get tickets to the RAH but have tickets for upcoming gigs, so I'm definitely worried. I think Yarmouth is one he would happily strike off, and I have the train and B&B booked!
Shame for the bloke who got his wife birthday tickets; it was a nice thought!
I think Morrissey SHOULD personally apologise. We all get sick, but I still ring up the boss and say sorry. We keep him in work.
And again; the reason Skull didn't sell is because of the half-arsed b-sides. I buy all his singles, but I wasn't buying that one.
Poor show, Moz. I'm really glad I didn't get that tattoo right now.

I'm so down from this, but hey, at least we didn't have to see him pull out 20 minutes into his set if the gig was still on. Still, this may not get rescheduled/get rescheduled to a bad day.

Could the nme & the bbc have chosen more ugly photos of Moz to illustrate their stories if they'd tried? (I suspect not)

What a f***ing bloke he is. i've NEVER heard of ANY artist who cancels as much as him...

it's not good enough, all he's doing is belting out a few songs ffs

:confused:
Have you heard of Pete Doherty?
Pete cancells his gigs more than any other musicians.

I cannot find any consolation for the people who travelled from abroad.
Really hope this will be the last cancellation of remaining UK and European dates.

Last edited:

really angers me that he has just done so many dates in the USA too and has let everyone down in the UK.
'America Is Not The World', morrissey...

He cancelled shows in the US as well. Don't forget that. He can tour wherever he likes.

Back
Top Bottom