Royal Albert Hall show cancelled 11/05/09

Re: Royal Albert Hall show cancelled tonight

Well I just read the comments on the main page and it looks like he may not have been to good? anyone else?

...And people think Michael Jackson's gonna be able to play the 50 dates at the o2...

I just wished they confirmed it to me by email:(, all this is'nt doing my nerves any good!....and I need to go shopping?...if its cancelled I'm going back to bed to wallow in my own despair...:tears:

I'm really pissed off and I think the concert won't be rescheduled.
I hope he doesn't cancel Troxy.

Well I have train and hotel booked so no point in not going as I can't get a refund. Just going to have to find something else to do.

I just wished they confirmed it to me by email:(, all this is'nt doing my nerves any good!....and I need to go shopping?...if its cancelled I'm going back to bed to wallow in my own despair...:tears:

And on the RAH automated phone menu says that the concert is still on.

And on the RAH automated phone menu says that the concert is still on.

Tell me about it! I listened to that first and then thought I'd double check with an agent, just got told if i don't hear anything in a couple of hours to check back with them!...

I will have a word with Graham and see if we can't organise a last minute Smyths gig/Quarry style night!!

Feeling sorry for the people who paid way over the face value price.

his voice may well have deteriorated overnight but I think Morrissey's head is in a pretty bad place at the mo.
as someone who is utterly obsessed with chart positions, the performance of SISMS would be pretty devastating and we now know he's stopped playing it (at least last night) simply because it missed the chart.
he also finds it particularly galling that Bob Dylan has reached the top of the chart (two weeks in a row); something he failed to do with YOR.
SISMS has even left the top 100 this week, possibly making it his biggest ever chart failure, unbelievable when just three years ago he had his biggest ever success.
let's hope it's a mild throat problem and the tour will continue in a few days but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some other explanation...

his voice may well have deteriorated overnight but I think Morrissey's head is in a pretty bad place at the mo.
as someone who is utterly obsessed with chart positions, the performance of SISMS would be pretty devastating and we now know he's stopped playing it (at least last night) simply because it missed the chart.
he also finds it particularly galling that Bob Dylan has reached the top of the chart (two weeks in a row); something he failed to do with YOR.
SISMS has even left the top 100 this week, possibly making it his biggest ever chart failure, unbelievable when just three years ago he had his biggest ever success.
let's hope it's a mild throat problem and the tour will continue in a few days but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some other explanation...

Well, maybe if he could be bothered with exciting new B-Sides instead of lazy live versions...maybe SISMS could have done it better in the charts.

He was in a bad mood last night in Liverpool; the performance was actually fine, his voice cracked once or twice on the high notes, but that was more later on in the gig. He made numerous references to antibiotics, though... but it was more the perceived 'lack of atmosphere' at the all-seater Empire which made him grumpy.

Well, maybe if he could be bothered with exciting new B-Sides instead of lazy live versions...maybe SISMS could have done it better in the charts.

Correct! - the b-sides and the video were lazy beyond belief.

Maurice might have a point but we would have reached the point of no return if he cancelled a gig because he was in a sulking. His fan base is not as big as he thinks and he doesn't need to play so many live gigs, when things like this happen he will contunie to lose more and more.

I'm very dissapointed, if he is ill, which I believe, then I hop he gets better, but by playing so many gigs you cannot help but think it's partly self inflicted.

Exf***ingactly.

The single release was, to borrow a line from The Thick Of It, double-wank and shit chips.

Oh and there's some reasons why Bob Dylan's records get to #1 - he's one of the biggest selling most influential artists of all-time, still creating new music that interests people, he tours extensively, doesn't pull sickies when he doesn't much fancy it, who is still an interesting interview subject and who seems genuinely grateful for his continued success. I could go on but I think I've made my point.

Back
Top Bottom