"Rourke - Joyce - Gannon / Summer 2018" tweet - Something's going on...

42051_rourke-joyce-gannon.jpg

The Smiths members tease announcement - NME. Link from Shoplifterromo.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder if this is a deliberate attempt to break the stalemate and entice the others in by degrees. A bold sort of, 'Well, if you won't do it, we will' move. I would be flabbergasted if Morrissey was reeled in but it's not impossible to invisage Johnny turning up to guest on something.

It's impossible if Joyce is involved. When ruminating over Morrissey and Marr's meeting in 2008 and the prospect of a Smiths reunion, Marr said something to the effect of "We'd have to get someone new in on drums."

It's impossible if Joyce is involved. When ruminating over Morrissey and Marr's meeting in 2008 and the prospect of a Smiths reunion, Marr said something to the effect of "We'd have to get someone new in on drums."
Perhaps. Or perhaps that was Johnny speaking for Morrissey. I know that Johnny was pissed off with Mike but I got the impression the hatred wasn't quite so pathological as it is with Morrissey. Let's face it, most people don't hate quite so pathologically as Morrissey.

The controlled reduction of alcohol intake and careful dieting begin...TOMORROW!

It's a laughable and pitiful notion that anyone could be interested in such people - thirty five years since they got lucky clutching Morrissey's tail. The world is full of crashing bores.
I disagree. If you grew up in 80s Britain - particularly if you're northern - it really means something. Out of interest, how old are you and where are you from?

It's a cut down Smiths. The Siths. Or summat.

í hear you love the quizes, and such, so here goes:

Your starter for a tenner ~ SITHS is an anagram of... ?

Perhaps. Or perhaps that was Johnny speaking for Morrissey. I know that Johnny was pissed off with Mike but I got the impression the hatred wasn't quite so pathological as it is with Morrissey. Let's face it, most people don't hate quite so pathologically as Morrissey.
doh:

'but I got the impression the hatred wasn't quite so pathological as it is with Morrissey. Let's face it, most people don't hate quite so pathologically as Morrissey.'

:crazy:

you a doctor now ?

I hope they’ll tell us what’s up soon the hint dropping just leads me into thinking maybe really good things and I’m afraid I’ll get too excited when this might end up being something totally unrelated.

doh:

'but I got the impression the hatred wasn't quite so pathological as it is with Morrissey. Let's face it, most people don't hate quite so pathologically as Morrissey.'

:crazy:

you a doctor now ?
It's a figure of speech. Perhaps you are on the spectrum? I believe it can cause people to take words literally.

Unlike Morrissey on tour, you mean?

Do you expect them to record a new record and perform the songs with some Smiths scattered in? Because, yes, if it's their version of a Smiths reunion with no new material that would be unlike Morrissey.

It's a figure of speech. Perhaps you are on the spectrum? I believe it can cause people to take words literally.

Some people are more passionate than others, sometimes... passionate to a fault.

Some may call that passion.. 'pathological or obsessive', they have a right to their opinion, even if it's not true.

It's a laughable and pitiful notion that anyone could be interested in such people - thirty five years since they got lucky clutching Morrissey's tail. The world is full of crashing bores.

& still clutching.

Johnny won't have anything to do with that scallywag.

Tags
classically smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom