"Rourke - Joyce - Gannon / Summer 2018" tweet - Something's going on...

42051_rourke-joyce-gannon.jpg

The Smiths members tease announcement - NME. Link from Shoplifterromo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gannon - Guitar

Rourke - Bass

Joyce - Drums & Vocals

Play the songs of The Smiths !

:laughing:

The bottom end of the smiths. Maybe they’ll play shows featuring smiths songs and guest vocalists. Be neat to see them do new music though

I wonder if this is a deliberate attempt to break the stalemate and entice the others in by degrees. A bold sort of, 'Well, if you won't do it, we will' move. I would be flabbergasted if Morrissey was reeled in but it's not impossible to invisage Johnny turning up to guest on something.

I wonder if this is a deliberate attempt to break the stalemate and entice the others in by degrees. A bold sort of, 'Well, if you won't do it, we will' move. I would be flabbergasted if Morrissey was reeled in but it's not impossible to invisage Johnny turning up to guest on something.
Actually, thats an interesting thought, can't see Morrissey ever being involved but Andy has made guest appearances at Marr shows over the last couple of years.

I think if anything could get morrissey to join it would be seeing them all on stage together waiting for him so to speak. I think he does feel nostalgic for it and maybe he’d just be to overcome with feeling to think about it which is sorta the flaw in trying to get him into a planned reunion. plus if it was a real spontaneous move to join all four on stage he wouldn’t have to speak to Joyce. That said I’ll say i still think it will never happen

It's a laughable and pitiful notion that anyone could be interested in such people - thirty five years since they got lucky clutching Morrissey's tail. The world is full of crashing bores.

Wondering if Dolores passing triggered this. Some kind of 'life's too short' moment.
I'll be there, oh believe me...

Seems a bit too quick a turnaround for that.

On a related note, though, she was apparently in London to oversee the mixing of the second DARK album when she died.

Tags
classically smiths

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom