Rourke jams with Smiths Tribute band in Brooklyn

Re: Rouke jams with Smiths Tribute band in Brooklyn

I don't get tribute bands. I just find them vaguely embarassing

Looks like that was a lot of fun......thanks for sharing!

I don't get tribute bands. I just find them vaguely embarassing

Not as embarrassing as being in the original band and stopping by for a jam session.

PS- Sorry, but that guy looks and sounds nothing like Morrissey.

Nobody plays it like Andy:thumb::love::love:

God I know, I think I sound more like Morrissey than this man....but fair do's, Andy Rourke is pretty amazing doing his perfect Smiths bass lines, he deserved a lot more attention than he actually had. Join Morrissey, Rourke! I recommend anyone to listen to "The Girl Least Likely To", which has Rourke on Bass with Morrissey vocals! It's an amazing song! Should be have a Smiths song!

Also I THINK than this is embarassing
and I wonder it is about morrissey , it should move

God I know, I think I sound more like Morrissey than this man....but fair do's, Andy Rourke is pretty amazing doing his perfect Smiths bass lines, he deserved a lot more attention than he actually had. Join Morrissey, Rourke! I recommend anyone to listen to "The Girl Least Likely To", which has Rourke on Bass with Morrissey vocals! It's an amazing song! Should be have a Smiths song!

Barbarism was Rourke at his best, along with the Drummer, live

:guitar:

Id rather would love some sun and a little breeze waving through my hair

:lbf:

And written by Rourke...

Horrible!!!

Aw, kind of harsh. Of course it's not like seeing Morrissey or The Smiths but it was fun and I'm glad I went.

Didn't Mike Joyce and Andy Rouke have a band at one stage and Rowetta (strangely enough an X Factor Contestant) was backing vocals? I'm sure I saw it somewhere. If they had some bootlegs, I'd listen to them!

I'm always surprised by the persistent negativity of people who don't come to our shows but comment about them. Is it because people think we are greedy and make alot of money at these shows? We don't. Occasionally ok, but not pay your rent or support your family money. Is it because we aren't the real thing? Of course we're not, we could never promise that. Is it because we are spending time playing others music? We all have original projects we put our hearts into.

I bet if the negative posters met us and got to know us personally they would find us to be rather nice, mellow folks who just happen to love this music and try to do it justice, especially since Moz's own band doesn't play it this way any more. In fact if anyone would like to PM me I'm happy to chat directly further. Seriously.

From my perspective, Saturday night was alot of fun. The room was packed, the crowd was loud and involved, and I had the opportunity to meet a musical hero of mine and spend a tiny bit of time on stage playing with him. Everyone there had fun. I'm sorry if that offends folks in any way!
:guitar::guitar:

I'm always surprised by the persistent negativity of people who don't come to our shows but comment about them. Is it because people think we are greedy and make alot of money at these shows? We don't. Occasionally ok, but not pay your rent or support your family money. Is it because we aren't the real thing? Of course we're not, we could never promise that. Is it because we are spending time playing others music? We all have original projects we put our hearts into.

I bet if the negative posters met us and got to know us personally they would find us to be rather nice, mellow folks who just happen to love this music and try to do it justice, especially since Moz's own band doesn't play it this way any more. In fact if anyone would like to PM me I'm happy to chat directly further. Seriously.

From my perspective, Saturday night was alot of fun. The room was packed, the crowd was loud and involved, and I had the opportunity to meet a musical hero of mine and spend a tiny bit of time on stage playing with him. Everyone there had fun. I'm sorry if that offends folks in any way!
:guitar::guitar:

In the clips, it looks like everyone was having a great time.
Why don't you guys come play in Indy?! :thumb:

Didn't Mike Joyce and Andy Rouke have a band at one stage and Rowetta (strangely enough an X Factor Contestant) was backing vocals? I'm sure I saw it somewhere. If they had some bootlegs, I'd listen to them!

Don't know about Rowetta, but Mike, Andy and Craig Gannon were in a band called Vinny Peculiar (don't remember who was the singer) around 2006.
You might find some footages in youtube.

Last edited:
Tags
carly simon cgnevershutsup
Back
Top Bottom