Roundhouse Security

Viva Tom

Wall of Arms
Has anyone ever been to any events at the Roundhouse before?
And if so could you give us any hints to what the security will be like?

Is it just me or is security much tougher over here than in the states? Especially when its Rock Steady, some of them are brutal to you even if you are a girl, one of them threatened to throw me out of the Gmex by my hair last year and all I wanted was a handshake. :(

There will be body searches but usually they don't use metal detectors. You can take your bag in after they've searched it.

After reading that someone wasn't let into a show in the US for wearing steel-toe capped DM's, I'm not going to risk it this time. Even though I've worn them to every Moz gig I've been to since 2002, I'm feeling a bit paranoid. :p
I want to take my camera in but I don't want to use it inside. It's just so I don't have to go back to my hotel and come back. But I guessing that they won't buy that.

Something I don't understand about security is when some of them decide that having your coat resting on the barrier where you are is dangerous.

There will be body searches but usually they don't use metal detectors. You can take your bag in after they've searched it.

After reading that someone wasn't let into a show in the US for wearing steel-toe capped DM's, I'm not going to risk it this time. Even though I've worn them to every Moz gig I've been to since 2002, I'm feeling a bit paranoid. :p
I want to take my camera in but I don't want to use it inside. It's just so I don't have to go back to my hotel and come back. But I guessing that they won't buy that.

Something I don't understand about security is when some of them decide that having your coat resting on the barrier where you are is dangerous.

I have the same concerns as you. What to do with my camera and how much warmth will I need on line - clothing. What a drag to go all the way back to the place I am staying to drop my camera off and then have to do coat check after waiting on line to get close? I hope it is not too cold in london!

I have the same concerns as you. What to do with my camera and how much warmth will I need on line - clothing. What a drag to go all the way back to the place I am staying to drop my camera off and then have to do coat check after waiting on line to get close? I hope it is not too cold in london!

it will be its always cold in london , dress for warmth

At the moment it is 11°C (51 fahrenheit) in London. I don't really know what this means but maybe it will mean something to you :p I'm guessing that it won't get any warmer than that by the 21st.
I was just going to try and wear a hooded jacket and leave my big padded jacket at the hotel but I'm not sure how realistic that is. Even with the padded jacket and a cardigan, I nearly froze to death outside GMEX.

At the moment it is 11°C (51 fahrenheit) in London. I don't really know what this means but maybe it will mean something to you :p I'm guessing that it won't get any warmer than that by the 21st.
I was just going to try and wear a hooded jacket and leave my big padded jacket at the hotel but I'm not sure how realistic that is. Even with the padded jacket and a cardigan, I nearly froze to death outside GMEX.

I am thinking to buy some cheap - ditchable blankets for waiting outside... maybe some homeless person will benefit...

Even with the padded jacket and a cardigan, I nearly froze to death outside GMEX.

Oh god yes, I was there from 6:30am and had wooly tights on under my jeans, a morrissey t-shirt, big cardigan and winter coat on over it and was totally frozen, all i did all day was moan "its so cold" and "ive never been so cold in my life" and there were people there with less on than me lol, then i had to strip it all off again when i got in which was a pest and the Rocksteady security guy in front of me told me to get my coat etc off the barrier so I had to heave it on the floor. You cant win!

As for cameras, they always say you arent allowed them into the venues but people take them in anyway. Mine is tiny so im just going to stick it down my knickers like I usually do, I havent been searched down there yet! :eek:

So there isn't any place where I could leave my coat?:( I've never been to any concert in the UK but in Finland, where I'm from, you can always leave your coat somewhere safe and don't have to drag it with you..

This has been a fear of mine all along that I have been trying to ignore. oi! I would hate to wait in line all day just to get a crap spot due to coat check. Meanwhile I don't want to die of overheating or have to ditch my coat on the floor somewhere. Stupid January!!!

I think I would be able to hide my camera seen as it is an SLR.
might look a bit strange having that in my trousers.
but I am sure it would please the security :rolleyes:

So there isn't any place where I could leave my coat?:( I've never been to any concert in the UK but in Finland, where I'm from, you can always leave your coat somewhere safe and don't have to drag it with you..

Some of the venues have a cloakroom which charge you £1 or something to leave your coat, if you cant get into the venue itself until doors open its a waste of time as by the time you queue up to leave your jacket you wouldnt get a decent spot for the gig, In Glasgow the cloakroom opened an hour before the actual doors opened which was good, but I had to wait about half an hour after the gig in the queue to collect my jacket, which I didnt really mind.

Not sure what the set up is for the Roundhouse, at the gmex you had to wear your jacket or put it on the floor.

Some of the venues have a cloakroom which charge you £1 or something to leave your coat, if you cant get into the venue itself until doors open its a waste of time as by the time you queue up to leave your jacket you wouldnt get a decent spot for the gig, In Glasgow the cloakroom opened an hour before the actual doors opened which was good, but I had to wait about half an hour after the gig in the queue to collect my jacket, which I didnt really mind.

Not sure what the set up is for the Roundhouse, at the gmex you had to wear your jacket or put it on the floor.

Okay... Thanks for replying:)

This has been a fear of mine all along that I have been trying to ignore. oi! I would hate to wait in line all day just to get a crap spot due to coat check. Meanwhile I don't want to die of overheating or have to ditch my coat on the floor somewhere. Stupid January!!!

yes I think some very cheap kmart type blankets at 9 bucks a pop might come in handy huh?

I am going to get them right now!

When I went to see Siouxsie there in November the security was not that tight...
Nobody stood in front of Siouxsie, and I think there was about 3 people in front of the railings.
As for waiting outside, there was alot of security around the entrances (as there are a few around). I found them to be rather good, and not the kind of huge bounding buffoons you usually get elsewhere

Back
Top Bottom