Rose Dougall (ex Pipette) covers Stop Me (with Ronson)

Maurice E

In a move most politely described as ill-advised, Rose Dougall (formerly of genius pop group the Pipettes) seems to have become a full-time member of Ronson's band.
Ronson has re-arranged his own re-arranged version of Stop Me (minus the brass) and Dougall now takes the lead vocal.
This was from Glasgow last week.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2CYjmbfoD9s
I still haven't fathomed out how to 'embed' these flipping things!

It's quite an impressive feat mind.
To remove, entirely, every ounce of wit, beauty, pathos, bathos, anger, yearning, melody, irony and...balls. Not a whit remains. Colour me impressed.

p.s ~ I've known stroke victims who could carry a toon better than that.

Wow, that was truly terrible. Should we send individual death threats or organize it as a petition?

What the hell is wrong with her voice? :squiffy: :straightface:

It's quite an impressive feat mind.
To remove, entirely, every ounce of wit, beauty, pathos, bathos, anger, yearning, melody, irony and...balls. Not a whit remains. Colour me impressed.

p.s ~ I've known stroke victims who could carry a toon better than that.

The original vocal has none of those things. He's just a f***ing singer.

Worth remembering also, that is a live video. When was the last time our Lord had a go at singing it live?

Re: 'Stop Me' Morrissey live

Worth remembering also, that is a live video. When was the last time our Lord had a go at singing it live?

I witnessed an amazing live at the end of London Palladium residency 28th May 2006.

It's one of the best moments of my Morrissey live history.

Re: 'Stop Me' Morrissey live

People know exactly how I feel about Ronson about covering this song and I shall say it again - this cover's shit....Nobody cannot make a good Smith cover as they are not The Smiths

Sheesh :rolleyes:

Parhaps we should make that the new permanent banner for this site:

"Morrissey-Solo ~ He's just a f***ing singer."

Would that make you a happy bunny?

When was the last time our Lord had a go at singing it live?

I think he actually sang it fairly recently (possibly on the Ringleader or 2008 tour, soon after it became a huge hit for Ronson).
I do quite like Rose Dougall (and I don't think it's that bad a version) but really wish she hadn't left the Pipettes.

Last edited:
I like it. I like her voice and the music. The original version is way better, but nobody can beat the smiths.

I think he actually sang it fairly recently (possibly on the Ringleader or 2008 tour, soon after it became a huge hit for Ronson).
I do quite like Rose Dougall (and I don't think it's that bad a version) but really wish she hadn't left the Pipettes.

The Pipettes left The Pipettes though really didn't they? Or it might be that I have changed more than they have but I heard stuff from the new album & just couldn't be arsed with it.

Sheesh :rolleyes:

Parhaps we should make that the new permanent banner for this site:

"Morrissey-Solo ~ He's just a f***ing singer."

Would that make you a happy bunny?

It would. Happier still if you could make me a t-shirt with that on it.

I'd love a 'Morrissey - He's Just A f***ing Singer' t-shirt.

I like it. I like her voice and the music. The original version is way better, but nobody can beat the smiths.

will hopefully hear it tomorrow night cos i is off to see ronson at newcastle uni - i am really to old for this modern pop malarkey but what the hell - his new album is really good - very VERY 80'S !!

I love Rose E Dougall's solo work, but I didn't care for this cover or her voice on it. But I do champion the complete artistic license taken with the song--I wouldn't have recognized it were it not for the lyrics!

Back
Top Bottom