Rome - Atlantico (Oct. 14, 2014) post-show

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Set List:

The Queen Is Dead / You Have Killed Me / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / How Soon Is Now? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Trouble Loves Me / Istanbul / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Speedway / I'm Not A Man / Asleep // Everyday Is Like Sunday

set list provided by aliceasr and also setlist.fm, link posted by Belligerent Ghoul.

• Photos (12 total) - Sottopalca Music Reporters. Link posted by Andrea Veroni.

MORRISSEY_14_Ottobre_ROMA_3986.jpg
  • MORRISSEY @ Atlántico, Roma, ITALIA photos (34 total) - MORRISSEY PERU / Facebook group. Link posted by morrisseyperu.
  • THE COMPLETE PICTURE (68 photos) - Comunidad Morrissey Smiths Chile / Facebook group. Link posted by www.thesmithschile.cl.

Last edited:
The pendants are becoming quite varied for this tour. The large turquoise stone and today a very unusual choice of a gold pentacle. Is Morrissey channelling some early 1970’s English heavy metal influence? Where is CG when you need her? The St Anthony crucifix must be at the bottom of the suitcase now. And again the two rings on each ring finger. Goes with the two watches.

Talismans.

Talismans.

Not that simple.

Dead in the Baph, alive in the spirit.

It means he's actively working on claiming ownership of his Mozbies. It also means he loves God.

The pendants are becoming quite varied for this tour. The large turquoise stone and today a very unusual choice of a gold pentacle. Is Morrissey channelling some early 1970’s English heavy metal influence? Where is CG when you need her? The St Anthony crucifix must be at the bottom of the suitcase now. And again the two rings on each ring finger. Goes with the two watches.

I'm not CG, but I know something about gem stones and why some people wear or carry them. Especially Turquoise as it's my birthstone. If you notice, all of the pendants he's wearing lately contain Turquoise. Here are just a few reasons why a person may wear this particular stone (many of these beliefs are ancient, by the way):

* It's a healing stone
* Protects a weak immune system
* Alleviates headaches
* Absorbs negativity
* Aligns all the chakras - but best works with the throat and heart chakras

Or, maybe he just thinks it's pretty. Who knows? :)

Hello to all the true Moz fans.
First of all the setlist:
I hope I am not wrong with the correct order but I am sure that only one song has been different from yesterday: he didn't play "Neal Cassady drop dead", but "You have killed me" me was added.
So, I can't remember the correct order, but I think it is this one:
The Queen Is Dead / You have killed me / The Bullfighter Dies / Kiss Me A Lot / Certain People I Know / Earth Is The Loneliest Planet / How Soon Is Now? / World Peace Is None Of Your Business / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / Trouble Loves Me / Istanbul / Kick the Bride Down The Aisle / To Give (The Reason I Live) / Meat Is Murder / Speedway / I'm Not A Man / Asleep // Everyday Is Like Sunday

And now, ladies and gentlemen, what I remember of the gig.
I liked it more than yesterday even if the setlist was the same, except for one song. Maybe because I had three Ceres instead of the two of yesterday or perhaps because I was in the fourth row instead of the twelfth. I don't know why but I liked it more.
I arrived at the same time of yesterday and there was no queue at all. Maybe the rain (f***ing 25° C degrees on October 14th!) suggested to be fast in checking people? Nope, simply there was less crowd than yesterday. Atlantico is a quite big venue (I don't like it 'cause I believe it's "colder" than smallest venues) so if yesterday was sold out, with many people coming from the south of Italy, this night we had people who came back for the second night, english lads who had a 4 days off in the Eternal city and people who probably couldn't get the ticket for yesterday. Or maybe who couldn't attend yesterday, for some reason. Despite of this, and the fact that the venue was full at 50%, crowd was passionate and the gig very intense. No support act, only a clip of 30 minutes starting with Ramones and following with his myths of the 60's/70's. The man hit the stage at nine o' clock in a red shirt with the usual "The Queen is dead" followed by "You have killed me", the only different song from yesterday. I can remember that he said that "I know it's over", a song that he will never sing again, was inspired by Rita Pavone, a 70's italian singer and that "the next" song (I can't remember which one) was not inspired by Rita Pavone. Other things... on "The Queen is dead" he didn't sing "life is very long when you're lonely" and at "Speedway" he left people sing the first verses ("... down the hammer, can you see it in your heart? Can you delve so low?") . He got some sheets from lads of the first row and he read them smiling. He appreciated one of them 'cause he was very happy in reading it, beating his fist on his heart. At the end one tatooed girl (oh well, she was a look alike of a friend of mine but she was at home at the moment) could reach the stage and hug Moz. Tradition is tradition and Roma won't miss. Apart from this, I obviously can't understand why he doesn't change the setlist introducing some different song at each gig, but I accept it. And I will follow again, even if the setlist is the same. We are Morrissey ultras and we will follow even if someone will ask "Why, if nothing changes?". Don't know, but I am not used to ask myself about my behaviour. That's it.

Vieni anche a Padova?

Did he really say he would never play "I know it's over" again? why? he should drop "Meat is murder", not that one.

And I am seriously beginning to hate "To give (is the reason I live)"

Great setlist, though, and very well sequenced though considering he was playing two consecutive nights in the same city he should have made more changes.

Not that simple.

It means he's actively working on claiming ownership of his Mozbies. It also means he loves God.
I think you're right....much of his art is directed towards God...the creator. Maybe all of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why is it that you can queue all day, and then when you come inside halv of the barrier is already full?

I'm not CG, but I know something about gem stones and why some people wear or carry them. Especially Turquoise as it's my birthstone. If you notice, all of the pendants he's wearing lately contain Turquoise. Here are just a few reasons why a person may wear this particular stone (many of these beliefs are ancient, by the way):

* It's a healing stone
* Protects a weak immune system
* Alleviates headaches
* Absorbs negativity
* Aligns all the chakras - but best works with the throat and heart chakras

Or, maybe he just thinks it's pretty. Who knows? :)

The beliefs may be ancient but it doesn't stop them being total bullshit. Of course if you can find me some peer-reviewed papers in journals that say otherwise, I retract my scepticism.

P.

Last edited:
people, the stage in Milan is much lower, take advantage of the lax security, stage invaders of the world unite and take over

The beliefs may be ancient but it doesn't stop them being total bullshit. Of course if you can find me some peer-reviewed papers in journals that say otherwwise, I retract my scepticism.

P.

Peter, you're beginning to sound and act like a failed and bitter scientist who by way of compensating for professional failure feels the need to draw attention to his scientific thinking in the most absurd contexts. I don't think you really want that. I believe you can do better. Seeing as we've got some failed and bitter journalists here already, it doesn't really add a new attitude to the site.

Not that simple.

Of course it's not that simple, but I'm not into giving essays on forums, besides, no one would read it! And if they did, I'd just get trolled. So, talisman is my simple answer. The pentacle is a talisman -I know who designed it and why. I feel you may have an inkling as well. I can't wait to see when and where he decides to wear the rest.

I agree that He does love God. At least I know he tries to. But other forces are at play, just like they've always been (for most of us)..

Mozbies? I've no idea what that means...Actually wait. Is it an anagram? If so, I think I know. If I am wrong could you explain (please)? I'd like to hear your views on his recent "jewellery" choices.

To keep this post on topic: great photos coming in! I hope what he said about I know it's over isn't true. He can't stop singing that. I could list a few that he should stop, like Give.. But he has a reason why he continues to sing that..even though he knows audiences find it dull.

Peter, you're beginning to sound and act like a failed and bitter scientist who by way of compensating for professional failure feels the need to draw attention to his scientific thinking in the most absurd contexts. I don't think you really want that. I believe you can do better. Seeing as we've got some failed and bitter journalists here already, it doesn't really add a new attitude to the site.

It's either the truth or it isn't. Deal with it. Facts is facts. Oh, and do please point out why I'm a failed scientist, then I'll can tell you all about the things I've invented.

P.

Last edited:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom