Roma Symphony Orchestra: "RSO Performs The Smiths & Morrissey" album released (May 6, 2022)

The Roma Symphony Orchestra release a 12 track album via usual digital outlets today.
Featuring a classical take on Morrissey & The Smiths' songs.

YouTube playlist version of the album:

Very mellow classical takes on Morrissey & The Smiths tracks (press 3 horizontal bars at top right of YT video to see playlist).
They've done similar to other artists
(post edited for separate thread purposes).
Regards,
FWD.

On Spotify:

Last edited by a moderator:

From an album of Morrissey/Smiths covers apparently.
FWD.

Edit:
Found it:

Mellow classical takes on Morrissey & The Smiths tracks (press 3 horizontal bars at top right of YT video to see playlist).

Wow, what a wonderful, wonderful find!! Thanks for posting. I need to find this album by the RSO.

A bit too 'mellow' for my tastes (not sure I could listen to the whole thing without falling asleep), but a good find (y)

Something doesn't seem right here. I'm not saying they're not a proper orchestra, but I've listened to some of these songs and some they've done for other bands, and to my ear, the strings are keyboard-synthesized. Happy to be proven wrong, but this sounds more keyboard and not actual strings

Something doesn't seem right here. I'm not saying they're not a proper orchestra, but I've listened to some of these songs and some they've done for other bands, and to my ear, the strings are keyboard-synthesized. Happy to be proven wrong, but this sounds more keyboard and not actual strings
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

I've never heard one of these 'Orchestra plays rock music' albums and wanted to listen to it twice. Paul Weller did an album on similar lines last year, so dreary.

Zeitkratzer would have done a better job. Now that would be an album worthy of anyones time.

I’d rather drift off to dreamland listening to that, than wake up screaming listening to this:

Disaster.
Front row seem to love it, though.

Johnny Marr rightly forbade David Cameron from liking The Smiths, but he neglected to forbid Jesse Tobias from playing Smiths songs.

Johnny Marr rightly forbade David Cameron from liking The Smiths, but he neglected to forbid Jesse Tobias from playing Smiths songs.
That version of This Charming Man is intentional, obviously. It fits with the sound of YoR, which was released at that time.

listening to first of the gang reminds me of a time when i was in a mexican favella with a cartel on one side and another cartel on the other side,i picked up my phone and scrolled through my playlist and blasted out first of the gang to die,made no difference they still chopped each other up.

bridge over troubled waters done by elvis sounds really good when orchestrated by the royal philarmonic orchestra,i dont mind this sort of thing if its done right.

Not like you to find the negative

I’d rather drift off to dreamland listening to that, than wake up screaming listening to this:

Disaster.
Front row seem to love it, though.

Oh bless Peter...look at his little face! Clapping along like a demented seal. Arf! Arf!

Sorry to actually make an on topic comment, but this is very nicely done.

Please, Please, Please (obviously) and Asleep sound particularly good.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom