Rolling Stone Moz Christmas-song parody

The current US Rolling Stone (100 greatest guitarists) has a lame foldout section with Christmas song parodies about musicians from Springsteen to Britney to Morrissey. It's all pretty gag-worthy, but here's the one for Morrissey.

moz.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Lamest, most unimaginative drivel ever spat or shat on paper. The "author" should suck on the serious end of a revolver before even contemplating committing another word to print.

Ah, nice to see that first response to this is mature and witty.

For the record, I don't find it funny either. It's terrible, in fact. But saying 'the "author" should suck on the serious end of a revolver before even contemplating committing another word to print'?

Jesus. Get a grip. People are so hateful. Little anonymous social Darwinists at their computers, pretending to be tough. Yes, look, I'm set to anonymous too, but at least I'm not stomping around declaring that people should die.

I wrote the original post. Was not trying deliberately to be anonymous, I was just too lazy to register. My post wasn't to say "I'm tough" (whatever that means) but to say "this poem was idiotic and the rhyming was weak, stupid and even lazier than I am (by just quoting lines from songs rather than thinking of something clever)." My belief is that if you're going to say something, at least say it dramatically. Had I just said it was stupid, what the f*** fun is that? It doesn't make me a Social Darwinist, it makes me someone who, if they're going to state the obvious ("This poem is stupid"), wants to say it with a little goddamned flair. You can join the author for all I care. : )

Unless you wrote the poem in Rolling Stone. Then I offer my sincerest condolences for the loss of your mind.

yeah awfully lame...but i bet the author wouldn't turn down fifteen minutes with Morrissey:)

I didn't think it was that bad, actually. A bit heavy on the tiresome "pope of mope" cliche, but I did chuckle a couple of times.

I heard from someone that Urban in Sweden wrote that. I also heard that he rigged todays FA Cup Final draw and set up the City-United 3rd round tie.

I wrote the original post. Was not trying deliberately to be anonymous, I was just too lazy to register. My post wasn't to say "I'm tough" (whatever that means) but to say "this poem was idiotic and the rhyming was weak, stupid and even lazier than I am (by just quoting lines from songs rather than thinking of something clever)." My belief is that if you're going to say something, at least say it dramatically. Had I just said it was stupid, what the f*** fun is that? It doesn't make me a Social Darwinist, it makes me someone who, if they're going to state the obvious ("This poem is stupid"), wants to say it with a little goddamned flair. You can join the author for all I care. : )

you are such a fanny

Honest question -- are you so angry because you've never been paid for your own creative writing?
I like to ask this question when people go way OTT about an obvious throwaway piece like this.

Lamest, most unimaginative drivel ever spat or shat on paper. The "author" should suck on the serious end of a revolver before even contemplating committing another word to print.

King Leer is rather up himself. Always has been. Sneering and snorting in equal measure. Gobshite of an arsehole.

Latest reports suggests Urban is making snow angels in Sweden where it is snowing so much some suspect that God is snorting coke.

Boxee is a smart little box that turns your tv into a web browser.

Swedish commercial that mocks americans in the shape of a black sheep is still used frequently on swedish tv. Frank the black sheep gives tou cheap mobile phone services amongst other things. Cheap and sheep is more or less the same in Sweden.

Watch the american black sheep Frank try to speak swedish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGORp3UuhSg

Off-topic

Last edited by a moderator:
what can be expected from a magazine that puts Johnny Marr at #51 on the "100 greatest guitarists of all time" list in the same issue?

Latest reports suggests Urban is making snow angels in Sweden where it is snowing so much some suspect that God is snorting coke.

Boxee is a smart little box that turns your tv into a web browser.

Swedish commercial that mocks americans in the shape of a black sheep is still used frequently on swedish tv. Frank the black sheep gives tou cheap mobile phone services amongst other things. Cheap and sheep is more or less the same in Sweden.

Watch the american black sheep Frank try to speak swedish:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGORp3UuhSg

Off-topic

Great info for any Moz fan

Loved It! Loved It! Loved It! I'll always love Morrissey.

some people take a peom in some mag too seriousactually that he choose Morrissey is proof the journalists stillknow that Morrissey is around and doing gigsthere's so much grey betweeen black and white:thumb:

--Nevertheless, I'm sure you would get an even snarkier assessment on this vapid doggerel from Morrissey himself.

I love how talentless fans of Morrissey's trying to be as poetic and quotable as Morrissey. The reality is, you end up looking worse than the author who wrote the song. The one thing you should know about Morrissey is, the last thing he wants is for YOU, yes YOU, to protect him.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom