Rolling Stone flashback : VH1's failed Smiths reunion Attempt

New story today, my favorite episode was the Flock of Seagulls since the brother was working in Oxford, NC which is about 50 miles from where I grew up.

Flashback: VH1 Fails in Doomed Effort to Reunite the Smiths - Rolling Stone
In 2004, cable show 'Bands Reunited' attempted to pull off the impossible
By Andy Greene

Last edited by a moderator:
It's how I roll. Honestly though you might not believe the things I hold back

You seem a decent sort. You and many other anons should sign up for an identity. It helps to know who is who. I can believe anything. These days of truck driving murder it is hard to be shocked by anything. Fly your freak flag my friend :crossedflags:

You seem a decent sort. You and many other anons should sign up for an identity. It helps to know who is who. I can believe anything. These days of truck driving murder it is hard to be shocked by anything. Fly your freak flag my friend :crossedflags:

Maybe one day I will. Life is short so I just try and be myself and work to be a nice guy. I get angry and judgementail like everyone else but why say it. I'm old enough to know I don't enjoy it and that it doesn't matter much in the long run as well as being just counterproductive to the things I do enjoy. Id rather run on with frivilous comments than indulge in any flame wars. It's an effort though

Who really cares about what media giant Viacom shows these days they always sucked. Imagine calling the The Smiths the coolest band around when their network never played their videos maybe once a week on 120 mins and you wonder why Morrissey is so morose.

Maybe one day I will. Life is short so I just try and be myself and work to be a nice guy. I get angry and judgementail like everyone else but why say it. I'm old enough to know I don't enjoy it and that it doesn't matter much in the long run as well as being just counterproductive to the things I do enjoy. Id rather run on with frivilous comments than indulge in any flame wars. It's an effort though

To quote Poltergeist "Cross over children, all are welcome. All are welcome. Go into the light. There is peace and serenity in the light." Don't you see Solo is the light you should be running towards...oh... I mean away from...oh...what?

frankie goes to Hollywood was a good one,holly Johnson didn't show in the end. but the other guys seemed genuinely pleased to be in the same room after all these years.

frankie goes to Hollywood was a good one,holly Johnson didn't show in the end. but the other guys seemed genuinely pleased to be in the same room after all these years.

Yes, Holly Johnson showed up (with his dog) and they all talked about the old days together. He simply decided not to do a concert...very sensibly probably.

Several of the members then played a few shows with another singer, and planned a full tour which was subsequently cancelled.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom