Morrissey Central "Roll On 2023" (December 23, 2022)

Morrissey has voluntarily parted company with Maverick/Quest management. Morrissey has also voluntarily withdrawn from any association with Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
Record companies aren’t know for handing rights to records back, if artists get upset with them. They’d all have pretty slim catalogues if they did.
Harvest didn't hand back the rights of World Peace. They were never part of the deal.

Harvest didn't hand back the rights of World Peace. They were never part of the deal.
I think Morrissey was pointing to an unintended contractual oversight on the side of Harvest. The flaw was evidently not gaping enough for him to follow through with the threatened release on his own Etienne label.

Harvest is part of Universal music. As is BMG: the supposed alternative. Morrissey’s claims on a great escape were overstated.

I agree with your point about Dog: A brilliant album. Even the lack lustre Ruth song is made great by the whole—when an album does that, it’s special.

He's done. He's spent. He's living in some bizarre alternative reality. He's impossible to deal with. He was always a monstrous narcissist. This is the painful end to it all. He just cannot function normally. I'm fed up of it all to be honest.

He's done. He's spent. He's living in some bizarre alternative reality. He's impossible to deal with. He was always a monstrous narcissist. This is the painful end to it all. He just cannot function normally. I'm fed up of it all to be honest.
I had a drink with Joe Moss, c.2002. He said similar, certainly ‘he’s impossible to deal with’. I told him I thought he was wrong.

Where there’s muck there’s brass.

I think you’re right about him being impossible to deal with. His views on the Rough Trade years with The Smiths in Autobiography suggest this has always been hard to please. Given that with them he went from Dole to charting pretty much straight away, rather than be grateful for the break, he just shows a sense of entitlement, which doesn‘t read well.

And let’s face it, we all know why Johnny walked.

However there is a heads side to that coin. Part of his attraction stems from him being a Contrarian, which stands him apart from the crowd. I guess we get to enjoy that part whilst those who deal with him have always been on the shitty end.

I had a drink with Joe Moss, c.2002. He said similar, certainly ‘he’s impossible to deal with’. I told him I thought he was wrong.

Where there’s muck there’s brass.

Wait, you told the manager of the Smiths, someone who actually had to deal with Morrissey for some years that he was wrong about Morrissey being impossible to deal with? Did you actually work with Morrissey too to know better?

Hopefully he won't try to take Bonfire of Teenagers to that new Andrew Watt label. Gold Tooth—it sounds like something to do with either Nazis or hip-hop. Morrissey should never go anywhere near Watt again. The fact that he's returned to J.C.'s bosom for the next record is heartening (relatively speaking).
Agreed. Watt is dire. Not even a last resort.

Morrissey has voluntarily parted company with Maverick/Quest management. Morrissey has also voluntarily withdrawn from any association with Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Related items:
Funny thing about free speech is that old Moz is free to spout racist and fascist statements and everyone else is free to have nothing to do with him. Sounds like Miley was a Smiths/ early Moz fan like myself and recently found out about his white supremacist views. Good on her.

Funny thing about free speech is that old Moz is free to spout racist and fascist statements and everyone else is free to have nothing to do with him. Sounds like Miley was a Smiths/ early Moz fan like myself and recently found out about his white supremacist views. Good on her.

See, that is pure speculation.

It seems it is just simply a legal matter (as explained by Scott Rodger), but Morrissey has just taken it personally, and posted a statement directly blaming Miley Cyrus, rather than her record company, who control her publishing rights.

Wait, you told the manager of the Smiths, someone who actually had to deal with Morrissey for some years that he was wrong about Morrissey being impossible to deal with? Did you actually work with Morrissey too to know better?
Where’s there’s muck there’s brass. Kid.

Morrissey is a bitch
"Director of healthy and beneficial conversation" :rolleyes:
Who's appointed you to such an inappropriate role...

Roll on 2023? By early next year Morrissey will be sitting on two unreleased albums, with yet more record label courting, wranglings, woes, recrimination, arguments and breakups to come. I'm not sure my nerves can stand another 12 months of this.

You are a fan of Suede, right? Don't you know what a license means in the recording industry? Suede & your Brett did the same; the artist finances themself the recording, so they are the owner of the master tapes whatever happens and they can unplug the deal without big damage. They can do some shopping and get a distributor whether a major or an independent label. Next time, you write, spare us the derogative comment "bixch" when speaking about M.
Our Brett is proper saavy. He should do a duet with our Moz and then demand to be removed from it. Kind of like Interlude but without the vocals.

Some of you probably didn’t read my plan

2023 (January )

1. Fire SER
2. Go to France to record with Lillywhite.
3 Forget BOT and prepare a 17 track LP
4 Launch a single campaign April to September ( 6 singles with a cover as Bside - Wedding Present inspired)
5 Release the new LP late October with new artwork and new cover with EMI
6 . Appoint me as a new manager
You would be a poor manager then as you dont know the vinyl production lead time for a October release have actually already passed.

I think you’re right about him being impossible to deal with. His views on the Rough Trade years with The Smiths in Autobiography suggest this has always been hard to please. Given that with them he went from Dole to charting pretty much straight away, rather than be grateful for the break, he just shows a sense of entitlement, which doesn‘t read well.

And let’s face it, we all know why Johnny walked.

However there is a heads side to that coin. Part of his attraction stems from him being a Contrarian, which stands him apart from the crowd. I guess we get to enjoy that part whilst those who deal with him have always been on the shitty end.
He's a pain in the arse and that's why we love him. If you haven't gotten to that point yet then welcome to the journey. Until then all you're doing is complaining about Morrissey complaining. ;)

He's a pain in the arse and that's why we love him. If you haven't gotten to that point yet then welcome to the journey. Until then all you're doing is complaining about Morrissey complaining. ;)
When I discovered Morrissey for myself he was extraordinary, adorable, eloquent and immortal. Not a pain in the arse! I was not looking for a journey there.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom