Morrissey Central "Roll On 2023" (December 23, 2022)

Morrissey has voluntarily parted company with Maverick/Quest management. Morrissey has also voluntarily withdrawn from any association with Capitol Records (Los Angeles.)

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess he didn't rate 'Fan Art Friday" and their host of utterly redundant bits of "promotion" (aka copy/paste).
He's not been purged from their main portal yet.
Ah well, back to waiting.
FWD.

Very good. Now Morrissey will either be forced into self releasing, which would be best, or settle for a smaller label.

That’s of course if he’s had enough, and doesn’t stubbornly try to pursue another major label.

Time will tell.

Very good. Now Morrissey will either be forced into self releasing, which would be best, or settle for a smaller label.

That’s of course if he’s had enough, and doesn’t stubbornly try to pursue another major label.

Time will tell.

Absolutely nothing wrong with a little bit of self releasing. I do it all the time. :)

Last edited:
Good for him! Very understandable the way they have treated him with the complete lack of promotion. Hopefully 2023 will be another great Morrissey year

Yes, true there seemed to be lack of promotion. But we don’t know the whole picture, why the bridges were burned. And to them I’m sure Morrissey’s demands were probably considered absurd. Maybe Capitol and Quest dropped him or was it mutual? Just saying that M can’t be considered entirely blameless for this situation.

Last edited:
Well, that explains a few things, i.e. no BOT news, no single releases, etc., but at the same time raises a whole raft of new questions.
Strap yourselves in for yet another rollercoaster ride!

What a rollercoaster!

I would like to take this time to remind Morrissey that stack of CD-Rs from 2004 in the bottom drawer of my desk is still available and if I can assist in getting an album out the door - I will! £5 a burn.

Edit - £3.50

Time will tell.
There’s nothing in that statement to make me think Morrissey is at liberty to do what he wants with the new LP.

Yes, true there seemed to be lack of promotion. But we don’t know the whole picture, why the bridges were burned. And to them I’m sure Morrissey’s demands were probably considered absurd. Maybe Capitol and Quest dropped him or was it mutual? Just saying that M can’t be considered entirely blameless for this situation.
We don't know anything really. How something could be announced & then collapse so quickly, I have no idea. I've never seen it happen with another artist.

First the bonfire was unlit - now it´s been thoroughly pissed on from a great height. Let´s just hope the album still sees the light of day at some point. Roll on 2023 indeed.

Hmm, not so surprising sadly. I had a bad feeling that the renaming of the YT channel was intentional to piss them off. Like a last FU.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom