Rock star joins badger cull fight

please point out the obvious queen influences and i shall bow at your most knowledgeable feet.

Johnny Marr's ''May Like'' guitar solo mid ''Paint a vulgar picture'':lbf::lbf:

Jukebox Jury

I was thinking the guitar solo in Shirtlifters sorry Freddie M RIP

I meant Shoplifters.

Sorry to offend you. I think you'll find that was the working title for the Shoplifters Of the World Unite single though. Admittedly I shouldn't have taken the mick out of the much missed Freddie. Sun City, South Africa, height of apartheid? He wasn't taking the mick was he?

Sun City, South Africa, height of apartheid? He wasn't taking the mick was he?

:clap::clap:
The very much ''brushed over'' aspect of that bands career - Status Quo too.
In 1986 I had two letters printed in the NME about both of those bands playing Sun City:angry:

Jukebox Jury

:clap::clap:
The very much ''brushed over'' aspect of that bands career - Status Quo too.
In 1986 I had two letters printed in the NME about both of those bands playing Sun City:angry:

Jukebox Jury

What galls me about it is they then had the temerity to do Live Aid and were recognised as the "performance of the day" singing an acoustic number called "Is This The World We Created?"
The previous year they'd been propping up the apartheid system with their Sun City run!!!
Obviously at 10 years of age this was a bit over my head but still hypocrisy knows no bounds if you're a multi-million rock star needing mo' money. (alright dere Bonzo)

And don't get me started on the cricketers. A lot of whom nowadays seemingly hold high places in the administration/ national set-up side of it now (yes Graveney/ Gatting/ Emburey we are looking at you....)

And they appeared at Nelson Mandela's birthday gig! Sans the Fredster

Status Quo played there and justified it by donating a mini bus to some kids project:rolleyes:

A year later......I bought the NME.....and read they issued an apology that was accepted..... I read further........ Quo's new album out next week......I read further......Quo's new tour announced.......
Disgraceful:mad:
Then the f***ers did that shite man united song too:angry:

Jukebox Jury

I don't think that playing at Sun City was an endorsement of Apartheid. It was possibly an uninformed and unfortunate decision, but it probably didn't make any difference except to the bank accounts of the performers.

I bought that Sun City tape and wore it out so it's not like I am in favor of apart-hate, but after all this time it seems like an excuse not to like someone.

Gil Scott Heron - Let Me See Your ID

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom