Rochester Hills, MI - Meadow Brook Amphitheatre (Sep. 13, 2019) post-show

Discussion in 'Tour' started by davidt, Sep 14, 2019.

By davidt on Sep 14, 2019 at 1:00 AM
  1. davidt

davidt Administrator Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Post your info and reviews related to this concert in the comments section below. Other links (photos, external reviews, etc.) related to this concert will also be compiled in this section as they are sent in.

Setlist:

How Soon Is Now? / Suedehead / Alma Matters / Hairdresser On Fire / I Wish You Lonely / I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris / That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore / Lady Willpower / Wedding Bell Blues / Morning Starship / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / Everyday Is Like Sunday / If You Don't Like Me, Don't Look At Me / Munich Air Disaster 1958 / Back On The Chain Gang / Satan Rejected My Soul / Seasick, Yet Still Docked / The Bullfighter Dies / Never Again Will I Be A Twin / Some Say I Got Devil / Jack The Ripper // What She Said

Setlist provided by setlist.fm

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019
    • Like Like x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'Tour' started by davidt, Sep 14, 2019.

1. learning_to_drive_camden
      learning_to_drive_camden
      Notes from the almost, almost front row:

Interpol seemed to get more love than in Ohio. Sure, myself, I walked the spacious ground while they played but only because I felt it rude to not show 100% enthusiasm while an artist plays, but every one else? They seemed to really be into it. I still caught a good deal of it from the lawn. Fuck, I felt old. The first time I experienced the old persons problem of "I think they already played this one" ie. "all sounds the same to me" syndrome. Yet, really they are quite good. Amazing that four people can make such sound (sorry keyboard player, I didn't count you - no disrepect - being a keyboard player myself). It felt good. In Ohio (first gig this tour for me), I thought "this would have to suck. be a "big" band and yet go out and put your heart into a half full venue of people sipping bears and chatting". Detroit? Naw, it was their show for those 45 or minutes.

Morrissey? Well, I'm biased as fuck I suppose. Let's see.

After the heat of Ohio, Moz left the suit jacket backstage and came out with a white button up shirt, tie, and vest. Loose blue jeans with the belt backstage next to the suit jacket. Likely some designer deal (not Levi's) because they seemed to have some extra fancy belt loops near the back. Shirt not fully buttoned and tie a bit loose. He's the star, ok? He can do it. You and I need to button that shit up properly. Blue Rosary (I assume - some sort of beads) in back pocket but not dangling out. Silver cross pendant hanging from right pants pocket area and Day of the Dead pendant hanging from the left. No other visible necklaces. Moz becomes more Catholic by the day and I love it (Yes, yes, - I know my own particular Christianity still officially names the Pope as the anti-Christ but well, we can agree to disagree. That's how decent people act, see?). No nail polish that I could see. Some sort of brown/black mix shoes. No particular perfume smell.

What else, well... need to book a hotel for Chicago... hit the free breakfast before 9:30... oh, wait... be back and write more soon...
      • Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 2
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    2. FantiQ
      FantiQ
      In Ohio, I sat outside of the arena while Interpol played. Getting my beer buzz on, I tapped my fingers while they played. I needed that third cup of beer to proper acclimate to the crowd as I people watched, first sitting on a cement ledge near the pathway that led to the restrooms, then deciding it would be better to distance myself from the restroom entrance a little. Interpol kept playing songs after I felt they should properly stop. Finally I went and watched them a while from the lawn. Can’t say I was impressed. Just a lot of bass and big boom and fancy lighting. Perhaps the true nature of the rock show? Finally after a too long reel of video projections, morrissey would come and prove that there was something beyond the big bass and amplifications. I still felt it hard to look up at the moon while all the spectacle was going on and I couldn’t wait to go home. But yes, Interpol. What a generic band it seems to me.
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    3. no glimmer
      • Like Like x 3
    4. ThePoliticalRevolution
      ThePoliticalRevolution
      M looks pretty hot in that 3 piece suit. I can't lie.
      • Like Like x 1
    5. ForgivemeJESUS
      ForgivemeJESUS
      How does someone start recording and stop as song gets going ......wow. please tell me what could possibly be going through there minds ...restroom all of sudden, maybe someone took there phone, maybe they said hhhhhmmmm nah dont want this song, or maybe phone died ....probably a 1000 tangible situations.
      • Funny Funny x 2
    6. learning_to_drive_camden
      learning_to_drive_camden
      Breakfast done. I think I'd steal this nice Holiday Inn Express office chair if I was the type who stole things. Anyway, my wife corrects me - there WAS "Smells of Morrissey" in the air. She distinctly caught it once during the night - "That smells just like my garage did for three months after we caught Moz's entire shirt and put it in a bag in the garage" (really - it's a nice garage - drywall and everything!, no disrespect meant to Moz or his shirt). What I did not see was the pre-show perfume spritzing of the front row like in tours of past. Also, in regard to nail polish - no, I don't mean the visible "Kill Uncle" era single nail thing. I mean that clear-coat style he's done before. I mean the I-love-the-New-York-Dolls-and-glamy-type-stuff-but-I'm-a-working-class-northern-boy-and-this-clear-nail-polish-is-as-far-as-it-goes-for-me.

A few more wardrobe things - pins where a yin/yang (sorry to whoever I offended by calling it this - did I mean the Tao?) and two pins on the right side that appear to be faces. I thought they were those creepy drama masks but a photo zoom in reveals they are not. Notably, one of the pins fell off during the show, and Morrissey, very workman-like, found it, picked it up, and reassembled while singing. A fucking pro this man is!

more later...
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    7. I_Am_A_Disco_Dancer
      I_Am_A_Disco_Dancer
      I felt pretty bad for Interpol at the Camden show - it filled up decently when Morrissey came on but it was pretty empty when Interpol played. But still they did their best - I thought Morrissey was pretty effusive in thanking them during his set - it couldn't have been easy! Glad to hear they got a good reception in Detroit.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Interesting Interesting x 1
    8. PIVI16
      PIVI16
      Too bad for "Life is a Pigsty" in two parts 1,51 and 2,58 but cut before the end of the song...
      Pity the sound quality was good, for example I extracted from the same source (P Weiss)

I Am Hated for Loving
      - mp3 320 kbit/s
      Link: https://we.tl/t-bVqa3dD5Sb

• Like Like x 5
    9. Anonymous
      • Like Like x 3
    10. lanterns
      lanterns
      he is a handsome devil!
      • Like Like x 3
    11. PIVI16
      PIVI16
      :thumb::thumb:
      • Like Like x 3
    12. lanterns
      • Like Like x 7
      • Informative Informative x 2
    13. ForgivemeJESUS
      ForgivemeJESUS
      Really appreciate your kind efforts lately, it's nice having others on the same ship.....thank you alot
      • Like Like x 1
    14. PIVI16
      PIVI16
      • Like Like x 1
    15. lanterns
      • Like Like x 4
    16. Try Anything Twice
      Try Anything Twice
      Lawn seemed wet, at least when I arrived. It had rained and was still a very humid evening. Everything was moist and slick including the steps and floor in the Pavilion. Was glad I had chosen a seat there.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    17. ForgivemeJESUS
      ForgivemeJESUS
      • Like Like x 1
    18. ForgivemeJESUS
      ForgivemeJESUS
      Did you happen to record WHAT SHE SAID.....lol
      • Funny Funny x 2
    19. lanterns
      lanterns
      tell us more, please! :)
      • Like Like x 2
    20. Try Anything Twice
      Try Anything Twice
      Morrissey looked great last night and sounded even better. Was a fantastic night and I’m so glad I went. I took a ridiculous number of photos throughout the entire show. I’ve made it through the first few songs and I post many of my favorites here.
      FA1C2B91-D7ED-49F6-87BE-F5FF763BE94C.jpeg 47FE0ACF-CF1F-42E9-A686-EC5D8D5115AC.jpeg 74416DAF-37D6-490F-BE82-60870BE95D60.jpeg 83011F74-BA3B-4D16-93D1-8D00A2FCBD7B.jpeg E361F183-8847-4B51-AD0A-24565D9144BD.jpeg 2CAD258E-42FF-4493-BA8D-0DA4B0F72060.jpeg C3C670B0-C31B-4B03-8E8F-580975DF6E5B.jpeg C7D629E2-69CA-473E-B3BC-A78071C2DC73.jpeg
      • Like Like x 8