Robyn Hitchcock

Discussion in 'Other Music archive (read-only)' started by dagenham don, Mar 9, 2009.

1. dagenham don

dagenham don Head in the clouds

Is anyone else enjoying his latest effort, Goodnight Oslo? I haven't really listened to anything of his since Perspex Island, although I did see parts of the Storefront Hitchcock film. I've been meaning for many years to catch-up with his work. I saw the ad for Goodnight Oslo on ITunes and decided to give it a shot. I think it is an excellent album.

2. oye terence

oye terence ampersand after ampersand

I have not heard it.the last thing he did that I really loved was 'Respect'.He puts on a great show, his in between songs banter is worth the price of admission alone.

I have a version of 'Respect' where he talks about every song before it is played, he is either insane or a genius, maybe both.

3. Practising Troublemaker

Practising Troublemaker Banned

Saw him a few weeks ago. I think he is fantastic. His work with Peter Buck from REM is also great. I think my three favourite songs are currently, NY Doll, Sally Was a Legend and It Sounds Great When You're Dead.

Love PTxx.

4. Mars_Rover

Mars_Rover Junior Member

I've heard the title track.

What would you say is the best song on the album? Yes, I still say "album" :thumb: